NBA looking good in the playoffs.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
NBA playoffs are always a lot of fun, and this year it seems the most wide open in quite a while.

I still think the Warriors are head and shoulders above everyone else. Once they get Curry back, they will be close to unstoppable. The Rockets are a great regular season team, but I don't see them beating GS, even with home court advantage. The Rockets are struggling with the Twolves and it is only the first round. The NBA is all about star power, and the Warriors have four of them, and two top 5 players. Harden and Paul are nice, but they aren't KD and Curry.

I think their is a realistic chance we see a finals without LeBron this season. Toronto might make it, but don't see them winning more than one game in the finals.

OP
OP
seahawkfreak

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2ggxto1g said:
NBA playoffs are always a lot of fun, and this year it seems the most wide open in quite a while.

I still think the Warriors are head and shoulders above everyone else. Once they get Curry back, they will be close to unstoppable. The Rockets are a great regular season team, but I don't see them beating GS, even with home court advantage. The Rockets are struggling with the Twolves and it is only the first round. The NBA is all about star power, and the Warriors have four of them, and two top 5 players. Harden and Paul are nice, but they aren't KD and Curry.

I think their is a realistic chance we see a finals without LeBron this season. Toronto might make it, but don't see them winning more than one game in the finals.

Yup good stuff.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Proud of the fact that I haven't watched one minute since the Supes were taken away.
If they come back, great. But I'm not holding my hopes out. The local gov. has messed it up so many times.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Wow, Nate McMillan gives the ball to Oladipo who was 2-15 for the game winning shot? Why? Give the ball to Sabonis. He was the Pacers best shooter all night. Also, Pacers had a foul to give but they let Lebron pull up a 3 to win the game.

Nate blew it.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Once again I was in a bar the other night, saw a game on and said "oh the basketball season started?"

The last few years I didnt even know till the Finals.

hannibalking

Reaction score
I just hope the finals is different this year, but I’m not counting on it. All the repeat teams is getting boring.

2008 - Lakers / Celtics
2009 - Lakers / Magic
2010 - Lakers / Celtics
2011 - Heat / Mavericks
2012 - Heat / Thunder
2013 - Heat / Spurs
2014 - Heat / Spurs
2015 - Warriors / Cavs
2016 - Warriors / Cavs
2017 - Warriors / Cavs

I mean yikes.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
The NBA playoffs are not that good IMO. When you already know the outcome that is not good. A Big 4 is like the starting Olympic team roster. It's too much. Way too much and it's ruining the NBA. It needs to be more competitive than this. This is ridiculous.

OP
OP
seahawkfreak

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seems like the semis have taken a downfall. I am personally a Boston fan,,,,,,,,family wise,,,wish there was a Seattle team. However great games. Love what Boston is doing, great coached team. Reminds me of what Seahawks do.

pmedic920

Reaction score
For many years I pulled for the Jazz, I went to HS in Spokane at the same time as Stockton.

As a young adult, I spent many nights in Jack & Dans after work @ EZ Loader boat trailers.

My NCAA team has been the Bulldogs ever since those days.

But in all reality I couldn’t care less in terms of the NBA.

Having said that, I’m pulling for the Rockets these days. I don’t watch BB unless it’s the playoffs/finals.

I’m pleased that the Rockets are making a series out of the semi finals with GS.

Actually watching game 6 as I peck this on my phone,it’s halftime and the rockets are up by 10.

Houston sports are on the rise.

Astros are a good team with a bright few years ahead of them.

Rockets playing well, and IMHO Harden is the MPV this year.

The Texans are up and coming, I expect a good showing for them this up coming season.

GoRockets

Blank a bunch of GS Warriors
:{)

sdog1981

Reaction score
hannibalking":2if7cw7u said:
I just hope the finals is different this year, but I’m not counting on it. All the repeat teams is getting boring.

2008 - Lakers / Celtics
2009 - Lakers / Magic
2010 - Lakers / Celtics
2011 - Heat / Mavericks
2012 - Heat / Thunder
2013 - Heat / Spurs
2014 - Heat / Spurs
2015 - Warriors / Cavs
2016 - Warriors / Cavs
2017 - Warriors / Cavs

I mean yikes.

Uh yeah, did you look at the 1980's and 1990's finals match ups?

Lakers/Sixers
Celtics/Rockets
Sixers/Lakers
Celtics/Lakers
Lakers/Celtics
Celtics/Rockets
Lakers/Celtics
Lakers/Pistons
Pistons/Lakers
Pistons/Portland
Bulls/Lakers
Bulls/Portland
Bulls/Suns
Rockets/Knicks
Rockets/Magic
Bulls/Soncis
Bulls/Jazz
Bulls/Jazz
Spurs/Knicks

It is just how the NBA goes. Two players can carry a team a long way in the NBA because they are 2/5ths of the players on the floor. You would need 9 players to get equal value on an NFL team.

Threedee

Reaction score
One way to feed the cynicism is for the Celtics and Rockets to go down in the exact same manner. Houston with 27 consecutive missed three point attempts is a bit ridiculous. They should test for stupid pills.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Threedee":3jo5bvl1 said:
One way to feed the cynicism is for the Celtics and Rockets to go down in the exact same manner. Houston with 27 consecutive missed three point attempts is a bit ridiculous. They should test for stupid pills.
Thats just dumb basketball to keep wasting shots on a low % shot.. That is the game these days
let's just rain three's and hope we make more than them :pukeface:

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
IndyHawk":21qfxbil said:
Threedee":21qfxbil said:
Thats just dumb basketball to keep wasting shots on a low % shot.. That is the game these days
let's just rain three's and hope we make more than them :pukeface:

They had no choice. Houston has no mid-range game. Especially with Chris Paul out.

Chapow

Reaction score
sdog1981":1oml1ofb said:
hannibalking":1oml1ofb said:

2008 - Lakers / Celtics
2009 - Lakers / Magic
2010 - Lakers / Celtics
2011 - Heat / Mavericks
2012 - Heat / Thunder
2013 - Heat / Spurs
2014 - Heat / Spurs
2015 - Warriors / Cavs
2016 - Warriors / Cavs
2017 - Warriors / Cavs

I mean yikes.

Uh yeah, did you look at the 1980's and 1990's finals match ups?

Lakers/Sixers
Celtics/Rockets
Sixers/Lakers
Celtics/Lakers
Lakers/Celtics
Celtics/Rockets
Lakers/Celtics
Lakers/Pistons
Pistons/Lakers
Pistons/Portland
Bulls/Lakers
Bulls/Portland
Bulls/Suns
Rockets/Knicks
Rockets/Magic
Bulls/Soncis
Bulls/Jazz
Bulls/Jazz
Spurs/Knicks

It is just how the NBA goes. Two players can carry a team a long way in the NBA because they are 2/5ths of the players on the floor. You would need 9 players to get equal value on an NFL team.

I get what you're saying, but at the same time I'm not seeing the same 2 teams 4 years in a row anywhere on that list. Plus, at least there were other teams in the mix back then that people felt had a legit chance. Now? It's the Warriors in the west and the Cavs in the east, period. No one expects to see any other team than those 2 in the finals and we haven't in 4 years.

The NBA nowadays is literally like that movie Groundhog Day, except not entertaining. Same thing over and over.

Cavs are probably just going to happen to win this year so that it's tied 2-2 when the same 2 teams go into the finals yet again next year.

How riveting. :roll: