Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

LeBron or Jordan?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: LeBron or Jordan?
Sun May 27, 2018 8:13 pm
  • getnasty wrote:This seals it for me, the supporting cast that LeBron has is pure trash and he still gets it done.

Just proves that defense sucks, guys like Payton, Pippen, Dennis Johnson could be assigned to someone and shut them down and make the rest beat you. It's just a highlight reel now in the NBA.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon May 28, 2018 12:22 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    getnasty wrote:This seals it for me, the supporting cast that LeBron has is pure trash and he still gets it done.

Just proves that defense sucks, guys like Payton, Pippen, Dennis Johnson could be assigned to someone and shut them down and make the rest beat you. It's just a highlight reel now in the NBA.

Rtght on Chris but these younger ones think the game has evolved into superior stuff that
    the game we grew up on has nothing compared to today..BTW you forgot "The Worm" :lol:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 28, 2018 12:48 am
  • getnasty wrote:This seals it for me, the supporting cast that LeBron has is pure trash and he still gets it done.

Now for this post:
    Lebron has done it before in 2006-7..https://www.givemesport.com/1016294-the ... e-they-now
    The team he has now are guys he WANTED or did before the season and they sucked half the year
    before that trade and the payroll has been among the top 3 since James came back and that is to
    keep or get guys he WANTED;
    James is a great player in todays game but every young fan today thinks there is a great player
    on every team in the NBA with too many teams(watered down) and Lebron has said it himself!
    I'll stick with MJ..There is a reason why his shoes have been selling so high for over 30 years :lol:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 28, 2018 9:05 am
  • Lebron is the GOAT.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Mon May 28, 2018 9:38 am
  • Lebron by a LONG SHOT. Jordan was great, he also had 4 years of college experience. Lebron was a high school kid, playing against grown men his first season. Lebron is a freak athlete, I'd take him on my team for nearly any sport.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Mon May 28, 2018 3:37 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:Lebron by a LONG SHOT. Jordan was great, he also had 4 years of college experience. Lebron was a high school kid, playing against grown men his first season. Lebron is a freak athlete, I'd take him on my team for nearly any sport.

Jordan left after his junior year..The one where he hit the "shot"for the national title..
    There has been quite a few who came out of high school..Most you never saw.
    To me Jordan and Wilt were freak athletes who had a tougher game to play in than
    Lebron ever has.It's not Lebron's fault but I sure would have love to see him try some
    of the stuff he does today back then.."traveling man" :lol:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 28, 2018 5:24 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:Lebron by a LONG SHOT. Jordan was great, he also had 4 years of college experience. Lebron was a high school kid, playing against grown men his first season. Lebron is a freak athlete, I'd take him on my team for nearly any sport.

Jordan left after his junior year..The one where he hit the "shot"for the national title..
    There has been quite a few who came out of high school..Most you never saw.
    To me Jordan and Wilt were freak athletes who had a tougher game to play in than
    Lebron ever has.It's not Lebron's fault but I sure would have love to see him try some
    of the stuff he does today back then.."traveling man" :lol:

Love to see him match up against Rodman or Moses Malone, who by the way came right out of high School as well. Or Maurice Lucas or Jerome Kersey.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed May 30, 2018 5:10 pm

But then you say his supporting cast is trash and gets it done?
    2010-201 Roster: Lebron, Bosh, Wade. (Miller,Chalmers, Haslem,Jones) Also lost to Mavs in Finals:
    2013-2014 Roster: Lebron, Bosh, Wade, (Ray Allen, Birdman, Battier, Beasley, Chalmers, Cole, Haslem) and still can't beat Spurs.
    2014-2015 Roster: Lebron, Kyrie, Love. (Dellavedova, Jones, Harris, Shawn Marion, Mozgov, Shump, JR, Thompson.
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

Wed May 30, 2018 5:13 pm
  • Can't compare Lebron to MJ

1 has 6-0 Record final
    The other has 2-5 Finals record about to be 2-6.

Sure Lebron took his bad team to the finals this year, but in the eastern conference, it's a big joke. This Cavs team wouldn't be able to beat Houston, GS, OKC or even Utah in the finals.
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:55 am
  • Lebron is single handedly carrying the Cavs and their bunch of idiots.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:16 am
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:38 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Image

Too soon.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:20 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Image

L.O.B.
    Adopt a rookie: Tre Flowers
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:48 pm
  • Bron also he stopped OKC from winning a title and likely becoming a dynasty when they had Harden KD and WB.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:21 pm
  • LOL LeBra complaining he had a owie now, be a man Willis Reed played the finals with a broken leg.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:50 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:LOL LeBra complaining he had a owie now, be a man Willis Reed played the finals with a broken leg.

That hand was of his own doing-Punching a chalk board..
    That was stupid.The experts all said he just quit and the rest of the
    team followed their leader.
    That is something you never saw from Jordan at all(just quitting)
    when things got tough.
    6 Championships with zero losses says it all.. :2thumbs:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:11 pm
  • Jordan was the ultimate competitor. In some ways Lebron is more talented, but he ain’t Jordan.

Now, if he goes to a team in the cellars, like the Lakers as rumored, and somehow wins a championship there against the likes of Golden State, Houston, Boston, Philadelphia, etc. then maybe he gets back in the conversation. Right now, it’s not a convo. It’s a monologue about His Airness.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:01 am
  • It's Jordan, and not really close. LeBron has lost 6 finals now. Two of the three he won were with a so-called "Super Team."

Everybody points to all the numbers LeBron puts up. How he has all these assists to go along with his points. But he gets the benefit of playing isolation basketball, in an era where teams will switch screens. So he gets to play isolation basketball against the other team's center or point guard. Can you image the kind of numbers Jordan would've put up if he got to have the ball in his hands every time up the court against a mismatch? Instead, he played within the triangle.

Jordan was a helluva passer (although admittedly not to LeBron's level). He just didn't have the ball in his hands nearly as often. He was a better defender than LeBron, but mostly, the big difference is that he was an ice-cold assassin. Where LeBron does his passive-aggressive act when other players wrong him, Jordan cuts throats. He played with a chip on his shoulder his entire career that LeBron wasn't able to replicate.

I think most people that were too young to really see Michael in his prime tend to vote for LeBron in this argument, while those that saw both tend to lean towards Jordan.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:40 am
  • You guys can argue about athleticism and stuff, but Jordan was the KING of basketball back when he played. It feels like LeBron has never been and never will be on that same level of fame and domination as Jordan. ^ I like the argument about Jordan being more competitive. That's definitely a huge aspect of it, and what I've noticed in comparing the two players.

In regards to arguments about sticking Lebron in Jordan's era and dominating because of comparing straight-up athleticism, you really don't get to do that. If Lebron had lived in Jordan's era, his training and equipment and nutrition and all that would have been equal to what Jordan had received, and vice versa if Jordan had been born in the mid 1980s instead of the 1960s. In other words, you can't have your cake and eat it too with this argument.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:09 pm
  • Jordan made those around him better. LeBron isn't that type of player. He definitely can carry a team but really have the players around him gotten better? No. Of course Jordan had more talent around him too. However a lot of that was due to Jordan being the leader to push the guys to be better. LeBron is not that type of leader. Doesn't mean he isn't the best player in the NBA currently. He definitely is.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:37 pm
  • I'm not buying that LeBron doesn't make his teammates better. LeBron just came off a season where he averaged 9 assists, and has averaged 7 assists in his career, Jordan only averaged 5 assists per game in his career. Obviously assists isn't the lone stat to look at for making your teammates better, but it says a lot. Anyone who has watched LeBron knows he makes his teammates better.

To be honest, the whole Jordan-LeBron debate is dumb. They are both great in their own ways and plaeyd in two different eras. MJ will be remembered for dominating the 80's and 90's, LeBron will be remembered for dominating the 2000's and 2010's. This entire debate is nothing more than a media talking point, both are great.
    Last edited by Hawk-Lock on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:01 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Jordan made those around him better. LeBron isn't that type of player. He definitely can carry a team but really have the players around him gotten better? No. Of course Jordan had more talent around him too. However a lot of that was due to Jordan being the leader to push the guys to be better. LeBron is not that type of leader. Doesn't mean he isn't the best player in the NBA currently. He definitely is.

Lebron has had plenty of talent in his Miami days and 2nd Cav go around..
    It's the ability to make the talent work together and lead(elevate) which seperates the two.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:04 pm
  • Aside from LeBron, Lakers are looking like a real shit show. No Paul George. No Chris Paul. No Demarcus Cousins (LOL). Now they're talking about giving Clint Capela a max deal, so that Houston won't match it. Julius Randle was one of their two best players the last three seasons, and they let him go for nothing. They're still paying Luol Deng $18 million to sit on the bench. They added a couple combustible personalities in Rondo and Lance, plus McGee is a bit of a headcase. Lonzo is slow, has bad knees, and can't hit the broadside of a barn -- his 45.1% on free throws is significantly worse than Shaq's career average at the line. They currently have zero shooters on that roster, other than maybe Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, but that's probably being generous. Ingram and Kuzma are promising young players, but they play the same positions as LeBron. Both of those guys could be on the trade block.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:21 pm
  • After the finals, it is over. Jordan is number one and now Lebron is fighting with Magic/Brid/Russell for number two on the list. He is a product of his era, I have a feeling if he had played during the Jordan era he would be a better player. Teams would have told him no and teams would have told him to shut up and play with the players we find for you. Jordan would have been awful if he was a GM/Player during his days and era.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:10 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:After the finals, it is over. Jordan is number one and now Lebron is fighting with Magic/Brid/Russell for number two on the list. He is a product of his era, I have a feeling if he had played during the Jordan era he would be a better player. Teams would have told him no and teams would have told him to shut up and play with the players we find for you. Jordan would have been awful if he was a GM/Player during his days and era.

GM Jordan has proven to suck as shown with the Wizards..
    I'm not sure if he GM's on the Hornets besides being the owmer
    but they suck too..
    On the Bulls if he didn't want the player..They were gone
    He actually was asked if he wanted Rodman before the Bulls took him.
    Jordan was the coach on the court and that glare would say it all.
    As for era Jordan would be great in any era without a doubt.
    LJ?there are things he would not be getting away with in MJ's era
    He would still be good but I doubt it would be like in present times..
    Hard fouls,Trap defenses,better defensive players and a big center
    so you won't just go up there for free..
    The traveling and double dribbles he does would be enforced a lot
    more..
    The era's and players are not the same and both play different
    positions so we can disagree all day long but I have been watching
    since the mid 70's so I like to believe I have seen enough to form
    a good opinion..The NBA has to change the rules around so much
    that todays game is so cupcake..More teams and more so called
    superstars but thats what they want because if you buy in that is
    easy money for them.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:50 pm
  • I have never heard La Bra make the all defensive team, Jordon did. La Bra could not handle hand checking, put a Maurice Lucas, Lonnie Sheldon, Leonard Gray, Paul Silas, or a Rodman on La Bra and he would be beside himself and frustrated and take himself out of the game, Jordon would get pissed and find a way to take away the physical advantage with the outside shot or quickness.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:58 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:I have never heard La Bra make the all defensive team, Jordon did. La Bra could not handle hand checking, put a Maurice Lucas, Lonnie Sheldon, Leonard Gray, Paul Silas, or a Rodman on La Bra and he would be beside himself and frustrated and take himself out of the game, Jordon would get pissed and find a way to take away the physical advantage with the outside shot or quickness.

LeBron has actually made the NBA First Team All Defensive Team five times in his career.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:12 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I have never heard La Bra make the all defensive team, Jordon did. La Bra could not handle hand checking, put a Maurice Lucas, Lonnie Sheldon, Leonard Gray, Paul Silas, or a Rodman on La Bra and he would be beside himself and frustrated and take himself out of the game, Jordon would get pissed and find a way to take away the physical advantage with the outside shot or quickness.

LeBron has actually made the NBA First Team All Defensive Team five times in his career.

Well there ya go, never seen a highlight of him making a great defensive play of anyone talk about his defense.

I stand corrected on that front. The rest well lets just say He is like Graham and would avoid crossing patterns in the paint with the guys and others like I stated above.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:26 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I have never heard La Bra make the all defensive team, Jordon did. La Bra could not handle hand checking, put a Maurice Lucas, Lonnie Sheldon, Leonard Gray, Paul Silas, or a Rodman on La Bra and he would be beside himself and frustrated and take himself out of the game, Jordon would get pissed and find a way to take away the physical advantage with the outside shot or quickness.

Well there ya go, never seen a highlight of him making a great defensive play of anyone talk about his defense.

I stand corrected on that front. The rest well lets just say He is like Graham and would avoid crossing patterns in the paint with the guys and others like I stated above.

5 times out of 15 years?I bet most was in his first 8 yrs..
    I have seen him make a couple nice blocks from behind when someone is doing
    a layup..In an era when most players are not even trying to play D it makes
    someone who does try look like a first team all D.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information