Wilson wants MLB in Portland??

Crizilla

Reaction score
Ruminator":1bp5lf1i said:
AL West + Portland - Houston = mostly fixed

Thats really the only benefit. Ridiculous the M's have to travel to Texas so much for division play.

sdog1981

Reaction score
2_0_6":1i8ur2w8 said:
Russ is going to be a billionaire one day..

If he makes smart investments. Buying into magic concussion water, supporting a celebrity stalker app, and trying to bring a baseball team to the 22nd largest media market that is shared with another baseball team. Are not savvy business moves.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":3ijjjbhm said:
2_0_6":3ijjjbhm said:
Russ is going to be a billionaire one day..

If he makes smart investments. Buying into magic concussion water, supporting a celebrity stalker app, and trying to bring a baseball team to the 22nd largest media market that is shared with another baseball team. Are not savvy business moves.
The baseball thing might be the best investment only because you can move a team if you
cannot extort the taxpayers or you just sell for a lot more than you paid.You could stay put and
get revenue sharing $$$ like the Rays,Marlins and still sit pretty by paying beans to future stars.

In doing all these things outside football,you can assume that RW is not going to take anything
but the highest $ that he can squeeze from the Hawks.I hate to see stuff like this because I am
questioning his focus on the here and now with football.

sdog1981

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1fakfnj0 said:
In doing all these things outside football,you can assume that RW is not going to take anything
but the highest $ that he can squeeze from the Hawks.I hate to see stuff like this because I am
questioning his focus on the here and now with football.

I agree at some point it has to become too much.

2_0_6

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ozi07qnv said:
If it was a different player, nobody would bat an eye. But somehow Russ isn't focused enough.... :?

THIS. Russ is doing what all other Superstar athletes are doing, which capitalizing on his fame and setting himself up for life after football.

Until' you have walked in his shoes, it's comical for someone to say it's "too much" cause in all honestly nobody on here has any friggen clue.

nategreat

Reaction score
Crizilla":3782kykb said:
Ruminator":3782kykb said:
AL West + Portland - Houston = mostly fixed

Thats really the only benefit. Ridiculous the M's have to travel to Texas so much for division play.

Yeah, but think of all the inter-division traveling Houston has to do in the west, and that didn't stop them. Not a good excuse, IMO. It's baseball, players travel 10x as much as much as football, and for much longer periods of time.