Seth Curry Joins Trailblazers

Atradees

Reaction score
Hmmm. Seth Curry has been signed by the Blazers. 43% from 3. Has moved around alot. Back up to lilliard?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
You made a thread for a backup PG joining Portland, yet no thread for LeBron to LA or Cousins to GS?

Does it even matter? Just give the trophy to the Warriors. Their entire starting lineup is an all-star team.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Im sure those threads exist in the universe. My interest is more humble. State of the Blazers. Its more interesting really than the purchased championships. I have been a Blazer fan since 1976.

Oh yeah yeah Seth Curry.....I like the move because it costs very little at 2.7 million and The Blazers can always use a shooter. I dont know alot about him..was hopin to learn more here.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
I found it curious that the Blazers were able to sign Nurcik for a smaller offer than he was previously offered. The whole Supermax and ridiculous contracts hopefully blow up in their their collective faces.

Nurcik is a guy that hasn't reached his ceiling. With proper coaching he can be a really great asset. Your not gonna get a draft-able talent like this and they traded Plumlee to get him which was stealing frankly.

If am small market team can compete in this rigged league they have be very selective and not kid themselves about values. Seth Curry? Is he that fireplug can incrementally improve the team?

I must be one of the rare few that feels that Ed Davis was very replaceable with talent already on the roster. Swanigan could be that Guy?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Nurkic is a really solid center, but he can be exposed on the defensive end, especially when forced to guard the high pick and roll away from the basket. I think in 10 years true centers will almost be all but gone from the NBA. The Warriors re-wrote the book on offense. Now you almost need five players on the court who can defend on the perimeter.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3jch4ugj said:
Nurkic is a really solid center, but he can be exposed on the defensive end, especially when forced to guard the high pick and roll away from the basket. I think in 10 years true centers will almost be all but gone from the NBA. The Warriors re-wrote the book on offense. Now you almost need five players on the court who can defend on the perimeter.

Its true he has defensive liabilities in some aspects; in my opinion thats where the small forward and Large forward are supposed to be the more defensive guys that pick up the slack. The blazers are very weak in these positions.

I would say role Swanigan out there and take your chances with Collins as well. Its time to move on from the Aminu, ed davis, and whoever else flops

I am probably a bit old school in my thinking admittedly.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Simons, Trent Jr and Wade Baldwin have all looked pretty good in summer league so far (yeah I know)

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
m0ng0":1gp0eqv9 said:
Simons, Trent Jr and Wade Baldwin have all looked pretty good in summer league so far (yeah I know)

Those guys might play........if they ax Aminu and w Nurciks contract they can be 600,000 under the Luxury Tax.