Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Lebron to the Lakers

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Lebron to the Lakers
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:21 am
  • What is it about LA where all the superstars past their prime
    need to end up there?
    Elgin Baylor,Wilt,Lew Alcindor,Shaq,Karl Malone and now LJ..
    As a Sonics fan I hated the Lakers..
    I hope the Lakers fall on their face with this move..I don't think
    LJ will play for four more years anyway..We will see.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4024
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Lebron to the Lakers
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:26 am
  • Makes sense for everyone involved.

    Puts Lakers back in the spotlight. Gets Lebron "home" where his kids are. and he is setting himself up nicely for his career after basketball.

    I actually like it as a storyline. The west will be fun. Feel sorry for the Blazers, Spurs, Wolves and Nuggets though. Unless NBA goes to 1-16 format
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Lebron to the Lakers
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:32 am
  • IDGAC. The NBA is dead to me.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

    The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

    189-152-1
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4337
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Lebron to the Lakers
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:55 pm
  • The LeBron moves makes sense, he is in the final chapter of his career. His kids can play basketball in the LA area, he has business investments in the LA area, and he wants to ease into the Hollywood scene. If I had to guess, I'd say he brings one title to the Lakers. They won't do much this season, but I think they land another big name (Kawhi, Anthony Davis, maybe even Durant once his contract expires) he can top the Warriors. I heard that Anthony Davis just bought a house in the LA area, adding him along with LeBron would make the Lakers competitive with the Warriors.
    User avatar
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3898
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


Re: Lebron to the Lakers
Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:15 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Makes sense for everyone involved.

    Puts Lakers back in the spotlight. Gets Lebron "home" where his kids are. and he is setting himself up nicely for his career after basketball.

    I actually like it as a storyline. The west will be fun. Feel sorry for the Blazers, Spurs, Wolves and Nuggets though. Unless NBA goes to 1-16 format

    Exactly what this smells of..WWF style
    They want an LA/Boston finals for the highest ratings $$$..
    His boy's btw when they get to HS age will be playing @St.Vincent
    in Akron,LJ has always said that is in stone.
    He has houses in Ohio and still stays there when not playing.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4024
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Lebron to the Lakers
Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:19 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:IDGAC. The NBA is dead to me.

    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Me too for the most part but I get forced into watching LJ
    My woman is from Akron and went to St.V just like LJ
    so I do watch parts of some games and that is too many.
    Since he went to LA i think we will see less of him now.
    Just to be clear I was forced into watching for her..
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4024
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Lebron to the Lakers
Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:21 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:What is it about LA where all the superstars past their prime
    need to end up there?
    Elgin Baylor,Wilt,Lew Alcindor,Shaq,Karl Malone and now LJ..
    As a Sonics fan I hated the Lakers..
    I hope the Lakers fall on their face with this move..I don't think
    LJ will play for four more years anyway..We will see.

    Don’t forget Gary Payton going there
    Sent from my Motorola Razor Flip Phone
    User avatar
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1312
    Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:45 pm


Re: Lebron to the Lakers
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:13 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Makes sense for everyone involved.

    Puts Lakers back in the spotlight. Gets Lebron "home" where his kids are. and he is setting himself up nicely for his career after basketball.

    I actually like it as a storyline. The west will be fun. Feel sorry for the Blazers, Spurs, Wolves and Nuggets though. Unless NBA goes to 1-16 format

    Exactly what this smells of..WWF style
    They want an LA/Boston finals for the highest ratings $$$..
    His boy's btw when they get to HS age will be playing @St.Vincent
    in Akron,LJ has always said that is in stone.
    He has houses in Ohio and still stays there when not playing.


    His oldest is going to school in California.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Lebron to the Lakers
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:05 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Makes sense for everyone involved.

    Puts Lakers back in the spotlight. Gets Lebron "home" where his kids are. and he is setting himself up nicely for his career after basketball.

    I actually like it as a storyline. The west will be fun. Feel sorry for the Blazers, Spurs, Wolves and Nuggets though. Unless NBA goes to 1-16 format

    Exactly what this smells of..WWF style
    They want an LA/Boston finals for the highest ratings $$$..
    His boy's btw when they get to HS age will be playing @St.Vincent
    in Akron,LJ has always said that is in stone.
    He has houses in Ohio and still stays there when not playing.


    His oldest is going to school in California.

    At some point he will be going to St.V
    It's not this year but what grade is he in?I don't think he is
    in HS yet and thats what I mean.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4024
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Lebron to the Lakers
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:08 pm
  • ZorntoLargent wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:What is it about LA where all the superstars past their prime
    need to end up there?
    Elgin Baylor,Wilt,Lew Alcindor,Shaq,Karl Malone and now LJ..
    As a Sonics fan I hated the Lakers..
    I hope the Lakers fall on their face with this move..I don't think
    LJ will play for four more years anyway..We will see.

    Don’t forget Gary Payton going there

    I did forget and Steve Nash as well.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4024
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Lebron to the Lakers
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:17 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Makes sense for everyone involved.

    Puts Lakers back in the spotlight. Gets Lebron "home" where his kids are. and he is setting himself up nicely for his career after basketball.

    I actually like it as a storyline. The west will be fun. Feel sorry for the Blazers, Spurs, Wolves and Nuggets though. Unless NBA goes to 1-16 format

    Exactly what this smells of..WWF style
    They want an LA/Boston finals for the highest ratings $$$..
    His boy's btw when they get to HS age will be playing @St.Vincent
    in Akron,LJ has always said that is in stone.
    He has houses in Ohio and still stays there when not playing.


    His oldest is going to school in California.

    At some point he will be going to St.V
    It's not this year but what grade is he in?I don't think he is
    in HS yet and thats what I mean.

    Edit-I could be wrong as people do change their minds on plans
    so with that said,I guess we will hear if he does.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4024
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Lebron to the Lakers
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:38 pm

Re: Lebron to the Lakers
Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:46 am

Re: Lebron to the Lakers
Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:19 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:https://www.dailynews.com/2018/07/03/where-will-lebron-james-son-play-high-school-basketball-field-starts-to-narrow/

    I don’t care either way... but I just assumed his move to LA was part of the reason

    I understand..
    That move kind of muddles any clear picture but he has houses
    in three states and business in all 3 but he always has said that
    Akron is home.


    Well resedincy may have advantages for his Kids going to certain schools and tax advantages as well.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25050
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.




It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests