Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Favorite Golf Courses in NW

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Favorite Golf Courses in NW
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:57 pm
  • My buddies and I are looking to plan a weekend golfing trip and i was looking for ideas for places to play. Shoot me some suggestions what are a few of your favorite course in the NW.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Re: Favorite Golf Courses in NW
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:59 pm
  • Wrong forum, I'm gonna get roasted in the shack, someone help me move this to the sports bar.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:39 pm
  • Sahali used to be considered good, heard good things about Druids Glen also Legion up in Everett, but I don't Hack or Play just had friends that did. I found a Batting cage more interesting personally, Hacked a few times with friends and had no interest, It was like watching Soccer or Baseball on TV but you were actually there. At least I tried it.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:56 am
  • I haven't played a whole lot of courses, but there's three in my neck of the woods that I think are pretty sweet. The Highlander in East Wenatchee, Bear Mountain outside of Chelan, and Desert Canyon outside of Orondo. All of them have their fair share of pros and cons, but being in the eastern foothills of the Cascades will most likely get you sunny days and there's a good amount of inexpensive tourist locations/lodging near these golf courses.

I played a handful on the west side of the mountains when I was a teenager, but I honestly don't even remember what they were at this point.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:50 am
  • I have to divide this into two categories.

Amazing experience to get to play a US Open course with tremendous views...............but will play terrible cause it's so hard and you'll probably never want to come back = Chambers Bay

Favorite course = Home Course in Dupont. Fantastic links style with great views, AND is fair enough to score well and have an enjoyable round.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:56 am
  • Home Course is great, but not sure about the destination for a weekend.

For a destination? Have to go to Bandon. It's a no-brainer.

Next I would go Gold Mountain if you guys are players, or Desert Canyon for a relaxed, resort feel.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:55 pm
  • Stone Ridge outside of Spokane north was pretty good. I can not play any more this year. One round and I put them away.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:55 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:I haven't played a whole lot of courses, but there's three in my neck of the woods that I think are pretty sweet. The Highlander in East Wenatchee, Bear Mountain outside of Chelan, and Desert Canyon outside of Orondo. All of them have their fair share of pros and cons, but being in the eastern foothills of the Cascades will most likely get you sunny days and there's a good amount of inexpensive tourist locations/lodging near these golf courses.

I played a handful on the west side of the mountains when I was a teenager, but I honestly don't even remember what they were at this point.

Good call on the Chelan courses.

I've done quite a few dude trips to these courses, great weekend getaway destination if you can find acommodations for under $300 a night in and around Chelan in the summertime.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:31 pm
  • We were thinking about Chelan and maybe Gamble Sands, anyone do the suncadia courses those look good too.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:50 pm
  • getnasty wrote:We were thinking about Chelan and maybe Gamble Sands, anyone do the suncadia courses those look good too.

I've played Rope Rider and Prospector, but not Tumble Creek.

It's similar to the Chelan courses, it all depends on if you can find a deal or cheaper accommodations...........because not only are the rounds expensive at the Suncadia courses, the resort is crazy expensive pretty much all year around.

But great courses if you're just talking golf. Personally I like the Chelan area courses better, and the city is more fun than Suncadia.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:41 pm
  • A couple of other suggestion for weekend trips.

1) Port Ludlow and White Horse on the Olympic Peninsula.
    Both courses are great challanges and the scenary is amazing.

2) Semiahmoo and Loomis Trail
    Loomis Trail has water on almost every hole so score can get a bit ugly.

3) Apple Tree Golf Course in Yakima. Could add one of the Suncadia courses for the weekend.
    Apple Tree is in absolute stunning course in my opinion. Tried both Suncadia courses and they are both great courses
    DKHAWK79
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 pm
  • Heading to play 36 at Gamble on Thursday, should be fun
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information