Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seattle will have a team in XFL2.

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Seattle will have a team in XFL2.
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:22 pm

Re: Seattle will have a team in XFL2.
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:38 pm
  • Uh oh.....

"Commissioner and chief executive Oliver Luck also said there will be franchises in Houston, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa and Washington when the league kicks off the weekend of Feb. 8-9.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:29 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:Uh oh.....

"Commissioner and chief executive Oliver Luck also said there will be franchises in Houston, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa and Washington when the league kicks off the weekend of Feb. 8-9.

I think they mean DC.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:39 pm
  • Be interesting to see how they make this interesting and appealing to fans at a time when player safety is a big issue. Going to be hard to push the "Badass coolguy league" angle like they did before.

That being said, I doubt they would invest the money and time to re-launch it if they didn't feel they were going to have something intriguing, so I'll check it out and give it a fair shot.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:07 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:Be interesting to see how they make this interesting and appealing to fans at a time when player safety is a big issue. Going to be hard to push the "Badass coolguy league" angle like they did before.

That being said, I doubt they would invest the money and time to re-launch it if they didn't feel they were going to have something intriguing, so I'll check it out and give it a fair shot.

I think it will be more like old school football, no pillows on the receivers and QB's.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:19 pm

Hmm?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:41 pm
  • I'll watch it, now that there's a Seattle team. At least I have a reason to watch it now. Is "He Hate Me" still available??
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:10 pm
  • The promotions of the league highlight both player safety, and fewer infractions....which dont make no sense.

Its gonna be a shitshow.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:24 pm
  • Is Vince McMahon involved? Say no more.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:01 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:The promotions of the league highlight both player safety, and fewer infractions....which dont make no sense.

Its gonna be a shitshow.

Fewer penalties would be a great thing. Maybe the NFL can learn something in that area.
    Let em play, less penalties, calling only obvious infractions, streamlined rulebook.

This would help eliminate incompetence, and “steering” games to desired results.

Imagine the irony of a “wrestling company” running a football league that is more “legit” than the NFL results wise.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:18 am
  • With XFL2 and AAF both launching in the next two years, it will be interesting to compare the two and see which one is more likely to stick around.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:22 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:Uh oh.....

I think they mean DC.

I understood that part.....Red means bad usually.....That means they are gonna play on a lowsy field in the summer too. Lets do an experiment in ankles...how bad does the grass have to be to destroy peoples ability to walk? Lets use Redskin stadium to find out.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:47 am
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

I think they mean DC.

I understood that part.....Red means bad usually.....That means they are gonna play on a lowsy field in the summer too. Lets do an experiment in ankles...how bad does the grass have to be to destroy peoples ability to walk? Lets use Redskin stadium to find out.

They won't be playing at FedEx Field. They'll be playing at Audi Field, the new stadium that was just build for DC United.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:10 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:With XFL2 and AAF both launching in the next two years, it will be interesting to compare the two and see which one is more likely to stick around.

History has shown Neither. Media saturation of the game from both College and NFL level and a year around barrage from Draft, Combine, etc keeps people looking in all the time. Then there is the College bowl and playoffs also.

Your really have only three months of down time, May thru July, and end of July is when Camp and Hall of fame start making news.

That doesn't even include who signed and F.A. periods, OTA's and who did what etc.

The College has their letters of intents and all the recruitment info also.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:14 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:With XFL2 and AAF both launching in the next two years, it will be interesting to compare the two and see which one is more likely to stick around.

Apparently there is also another league forming, the FFL "Freedom Football League"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/280 ... =editorial

seriously we need 3 more leagues when having just one hasn't worked in the past and the arena league is basically nonexistant anymore?

The world league was actually pretty interesting. I followed the Barcelona Dragons just because as a kid at the time the idea of a Dragon mascot was cool.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:57 pm
  • Can we still draft He Hate Me?

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:16 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

I think they mean DC.

They won't be playing at FedEx Field. They'll be playing at Audi Field, the new stadium that was just build for DC United.

Do they have the same field maintenance crew maintaining that field as well?? Asking for a friend's ankles. :twisted:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:26 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:They won't be playing at FedEx Field. They'll be playing at Audi Field, the new stadium that was just build for DC United.

At least one thing in DC is united... :mrgreen:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:07 pm
  • This could work. COULD. They are going to play in the spring which is smart.

Some things that look really interesting.

The pace of play is a focus. They want games to be under 2 hours.

Players have one-year contracts.

45 players per team.

Per game pay will be higher than CFL per game pay.

Will forbid any player with a criminal record from participating.

Most the teams are playing in MLS stadiums.

Looks like he learned a lot of lessons from his first time around and a lot of this version will be a direct shot at the NFL and their blunders over the past two decades
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:33 pm
  • I'll check it out. Who knows, might be cool.

I found it funny a couple days ago, listening to Clayton on 710 being defiant about the idea of any other football league, like it was some sort of threat to his livelihood.

Personally, I wish arena league had gotten bigger and expanded so smaller towns like Tacoma could have a team. Those games are pretty fun to watch, but like any sport, it's not as fun without a team to root for.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:24 pm

Well maybe his son will now have a league he can dominate in (see Andrew Luck).
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:09 am
  • Hawknballs wrote:Be interesting to see how they make this interesting and appealing to fans at a time when player safety is a big issue. Going to be hard to push the "Badass coolguy league" angle like they did before.

Me too. Might be interesting. Or at least entertaining.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:15 am
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:The promotions of the league highlight both player safety, and fewer infractions....which dont make no sense.

Its gonna be a shitshow.

They can let the qb get smeared like old-school nfl without causing brain damage. They can do both.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:20 am
  • I'll still watch it, shoot why not? If it's bad, worth watching. If it's good, same thing. It's football in Seattle, I'll give it a shot, but w/very low expectations.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:44 am
  • I wonder if a player will hit another with a folding metal chair over the head when the refs are not looking. 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information