Seattle will have a team in XFL2.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Uh oh.....

"Commissioner and chief executive Oliver Luck also said there will be franchises in Houston, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa and Washington when the league kicks off the weekend of Feb. 8-9.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1oi5ayg6 said:
Uh oh.....

"Commissioner and chief executive Oliver Luck also said there will be franchises in Houston, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa and Washington when the league kicks off the weekend of Feb. 8-9.

I think they mean DC.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Be interesting to see how they make this interesting and appealing to fans at a time when player safety is a big issue. Going to be hard to push the "Badass coolguy league" angle like they did before.

That being said, I doubt they would invest the money and time to re-launch it if they didn't feel they were going to have something intriguing, so I'll check it out and give it a fair shot.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1hkq3rdx said:
Be interesting to see how they make this interesting and appealing to fans at a time when player safety is a big issue. Going to be hard to push the "Badass coolguy league" angle like they did before.

That being said, I doubt they would invest the money and time to re-launch it if they didn't feel they were going to have something intriguing, so I'll check it out and give it a fair shot.

I think it will be more like old school football, no pillows on the receivers and QB's.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2ptcy0eh said:
Uh oh.....

Hmm?

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The promotions of the league highlight both player safety, and fewer infractions....which dont make no sense.

Its gonna be a shitshow.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3dtvkhi1 said:
The promotions of the league highlight both player safety, and fewer infractions....which dont make no sense.

Its gonna be a shitshow.
Fewer penalties would be a great thing. Maybe the NFL can learn something in that area.
Let em play, less penalties, calling only obvious infractions, streamlined rulebook.

This would help eliminate incompetence, and “steering” games to desired results.

Imagine the irony of a “wrestling company” running a football league that is more “legit” than the NFL results wise.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
With XFL2 and AAF both launching in the next two years, it will be interesting to compare the two and see which one is more likely to stick around.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Maulbert":276pke9t said:
Seahawkfan80":276pke9t said:
Uh oh.....

I think they mean DC.

I understood that part.....Red means bad usually.....That means they are gonna play on a lowsy field in the summer too. Lets do an experiment in ankles...how bad does the grass have to be to destroy peoples ability to walk? Lets use Redskin stadium to find out.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3thax35c said:
Maulbert":3thax35c said:
Seahawkfan80":3thax35c said:
Uh oh.....

I think they mean DC.

I understood that part.....Red means bad usually.....That means they are gonna play on a lowsy field in the summer too. Lets do an experiment in ankles...how bad does the grass have to be to destroy peoples ability to walk? Lets use Redskin stadium to find out.
They won't be playing at FedEx Field. They'll be playing at Audi Field, the new stadium that was just build for DC United.

chris98251

Reaction score
SeatownJay":wo54dnus said:
With XFL2 and AAF both launching in the next two years, it will be interesting to compare the two and see which one is more likely to stick around.

History has shown Neither. Media saturation of the game from both College and NFL level and a year around barrage from Draft, Combine, etc keeps people looking in all the time. Then there is the College bowl and playoffs also.

Your really have only three months of down time, May thru July, and end of July is when Camp and Hall of fame start making news.

That doesn't even include who signed and F.A. periods, OTA's and who did what etc.

The College has their letters of intents and all the recruitment info also.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
SeatownJay":393241s6 said:

Apparently there is also another league forming, the FFL "Freedom Football League"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/280 ... =editorial

seriously we need 3 more leagues when having just one hasn't worked in the past and the arena league is basically nonexistant anymore?

The world league was actually pretty interesting. I followed the Barcelona Dragons just because as a kid at the time the idea of a Dragon mascot was cool.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1fybmcvv said:
Seahawkfan80":1fybmcvv said:
Maulbert":1fybmcvv said:
Seahawkfan80":1fybmcvv said:
Uh oh.....

I think they mean DC.

They won't be playing at FedEx Field. They'll be playing at Audi Field, the new stadium that was just build for DC United.

Do they have the same field maintenance crew maintaining that field as well?? Asking for a friend's ankles. :twisted:

sdog1981

Reaction score
This could work. COULD. They are going to play in the spring which is smart.

Some things that look really interesting.

The pace of play is a focus. They want games to be under 2 hours.

Players have one-year contracts.

45 players per team.

Per game pay will be higher than CFL per game pay.

Will forbid any player with a criminal record from participating.

Most the teams are playing in MLS stadiums.

Looks like he learned a lot of lessons from his first time around and a lot of this version will be a direct shot at the NFL and their blunders over the past two decades

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'll check it out. Who knows, might be cool.

I found it funny a couple days ago, listening to Clayton on 710 being defiant about the idea of any other football league, like it was some sort of threat to his livelihood.

Personally, I wish arena league had gotten bigger and expanded so smaller towns like Tacoma could have a team. Those games are pretty fun to watch, but like any sport, it's not as fun without a team to root for.