NBA Playoffs Thread

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
NBA playoffs start this weekend. East is wide open. Warriors will likely come out of the West but this is probably the weakest they have been in a few years. If you don't like the NBA, no need to respond, feel like that happens a lot on here.

Threedee

Reaction score
I hope a bunch of Seattleites get into the Rose Garden and create a distinctly anti-Thunder atmosphere.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3nf0oxip said:
NBA playoffs start this weekend. East is wide open. Warriors will likely come out of the West but this is probably the weakest they have been in a few years. If you don't like the NBA, no need to respond, feel like that happens a lot on here.

It's not like there isn't a good reason for that..

Atradees

Reaction score
Kanter Blocks a shot! Thats defense! Gets O rebound downtown and scores! Blazer shoot 60 percent in the first!

mistaowen

Reaction score
Dame was absolutely launching 3's. Fun game, much better than the celtics/pacers. That series will be a snooze, Pacers are garbage without Oladipo. Can see Pacers stealing 1 game cause Celts looked so uninterested first half.

Giannis is also unreal. Love watching that Bucks team play.

Atradees

Reaction score
mistaowen":3mt7relc said:
Dame was absolutely launching 3's. Fun game, much better than the celtics/pacers. That series will be a snooze, Pacers are garbage without Oladipo. Can see Pacers stealing 1 game cause Celts looked so uninterested first half.

Giannis is also unreal. Love watching that Bucks team play.

Is Danny Ainge still calling the shots? I dont even know who the Celtics are! hahahah

sdog1981

Reaction score
Blah blah blah blah three-pointer blah blah blah Drymon suspended blah blah blah Warriors win.

Atradees

Reaction score
Or Lebron, Shaq, Jordon.........

Portland's team is not mercenary. It is a as fun as the nba gets.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
What a comeback by the Clippers last night. I turned the game off and then turned it back on with about 5 minutes left. The Clippers are a very scrappy team. Still would be surprised if they won another game, but that was a great finish.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Largent80":dc0p3jt0 said:
People actually still watch the nba?

Of course they do. I saw some fans at the games.

Everyone is different. NBA is probably the second most popular sport after NFL. All the biggest stars are in the NBA, even more than NFL. While the product isn't what it used to be, it is still very entertaining to watch.

I understand people in Seattle are upset at the NBA, but I don't get the people that boycott the NBA but will watch Mariners, one of the worst sports franchises. You can also make a case for the Sounders, MLS isn't even a top 5 soccer league.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1gw4yiaw said:
What a comeback by the Clippers last night. I turned the game off and then turned it back on with about 5 minutes left. The Clippers are a very scrappy team. Still would be surprised if they won another game, but that was a great finish.

It was incredible to watch. The Clipper just play well together. They send Tobis Harris away it looked like they were giving up on the season and the guys they got just clicked.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2tkrdto6 said:
Largent80":2tkrdto6 said:

Everyone is different. NBA is probably the second most popular sport after NFL. All the biggest stars are in the NBA, even more than NFL. While the product isn't what it used to be, it is still very entertaining to watch.

I understand people in Seattle are upset at the NBA, but I don't get the people that boycott the NBA but will watch Mariners, one of the worst sports franchises. You can also make a case for the Sounders, MLS isn't even a top 5 soccer league.

How the hell does boycotting the NBA have anything to do with watching the Mariners or the Sounders?

I watch the Mariners because I am a fan of the Mariners.

I watch the Sounders because I am a fan of the Sounders.

I watch the Seahawks because I am a fan of the Seahawks.

I don't watch the NBA because the team that I was a life long fan of no longer exists. Since I have no rooting interest I don't care what happens or who wins which makes watching boring and pointless.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Chapow":x3jpym1x said:
Hawk-Lock":x3jpym1x said:
Largent80":x3jpym1x said:

How the hell does boycotting the NBA have anything to do with watching the Mariners or the Sounders?

I watch the Mariners because I am a fan of the Mariners.

I watch the Sounders because I am a fan of the Sounders.

I watch the Seahawks because I am a fan of the Seahawks.

I don't watch the NBA because the team that I was a life long fan of no longer exists. Since I have no rooting interest I don't care what happens or who wins which makes watching boring and pointless.

My point was that everyone has their own reasons for watching or not watching a sport or league. I totally agree with what you said. I watch the Mariners because I'm a fan of the team. But I also watch the NBA because I'm a fan of the game of basketball.

There are different reasons for watching a particular sport or team. But I know there are a lot of people who don't watch the NBA because of what happened in Seattle, and that's totally fine. I just gave other reasoning for not watching other sports and leagues.

Atradees

Reaction score
I just watched Lilliard guard Westbrook into a slapp happy frenzie. I hate Westbrook. Tie game at the half. A chippy affair. That is black velcro on Paul George to rub players raw. Ive never seen a shoulder brace that is not a brace. Ridiculous cheater.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Impressive win by Portland last night. I think they are simply the better team. I think a lot of people expected OKC to win just because of Westbrook and George, but their supporting cast is really weak. Blazers have much better role players than OKC. I used to think Westbrook was a great player, but the more I watch him the more I think he is a stats guy. So far Lillard has owned him, his deep pull up three was great.

Atradees

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":48zncih3 said:
Impressive win by Portland last night. I think they are simply the better team. I think a lot of people expected OKC to win just because of Westbrook and George, but their supporting cast is really weak. Blazers have much better role players than OKC. I used to think Westbrook was a great player, but the more I watch him the more I think he is a stats guy. So far Lillard has owned him, his deep pull up three was great.

Everybody is buying into playing defense. The Blazers are doing a great job there. When Lilliard totally stopped Westbrooke he nearly fell over with the ball. I didnt expect this.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Expect OKC to take one at home but Blazers are clearly a better and deeper team. Westbrook and George will get theirs no matter what, Blazers doing a great job not letting anyone else step up.

Surprising game with Pacers/Celtics, talk about a meltdown in the 4th. Kyrie proving he's one of the best in the league, Celtics team has waaay too much talent to look as average as they have been, they're lucky Olapido is hurt.

Pistons made game 2 a little more interesting but the Bucks are quite the team.

Don't really have a team I'm rooting for overall, just enjoy watching competitive basketball. College game pulled way ahead for me but the NBA product is getting better. Emergence of these young guys across the league plus some actual defense being played is helping.