Seattle Bowl of Shame

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Seattle Bowl of Shame
Thu May 16, 2019 12:49 pm
  • Ranting in another forum, I suggested stamping some players' names into the urinals of a local sports bar (that's not so local anymore but hey, I've been away for some years...)

But it got me thinking that if Slugger's or some such had a fund raiser where you could vote by putting money in a box with some infamous sports figures' name on it. And the the 'winners' names would be painted in the urinals for the coming year, who would you put your money on?

Assume three urinals. Go!

I'd put my money on: Ken Behring, Alex Rodriguez, and Clay Bennett.
    Own The West
    NET Rookie

Re: Seattle Bowl of Shame
Thu May 16, 2019 12:56 pm
  • Own The West wrote:Ranting in another forum, I suggested stamping some players' names into the urinals of a local sports bar (that's not so local anymore but hey, I've been away for some years...)

But it got me thinking that if Slugger's or some such had a fund raiser where you could vote by putting money in a box with some infamous sports figures' name on it. And the the 'winners' names would be painted in the urinals for the coming year, who would you put your money on?

Replace Arod with Howard Schultz and you have a trifecta.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu May 16, 2019 8:53 pm
  • Clay Clay Bennett, David Stern, Darrell Bevell
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu May 16, 2019 9:03 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Own The West wrote:Ranting in another forum, I suggested stamping some players' names into the urinals of a local sports bar (that's not so local anymore but hey, I've been away for some years...)

Replace Arod with Howard Schultz and you have a trifecta.

My immediate reaction. Even my Darrell F. Bevell hatred doesn't surpass this trifecta. As for A-Roid, I never really hated him from the Seattle standpoint. I was irritated, but, I waited for him to build a solid record of being a general douchebag, and now I can call him A-Roid, and know that he was truly a disgrace.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Thu May 23, 2019 1:24 pm
  • Own The West wrote:Ranting in another forum, I suggested stamping some players' names into the urinals of a local sports bar (that's not so local anymore but hey, I've been away for some years...)

That's a good idea!

1. Ken Behring
    2. Howard Schultz
    3. Super Bowl XL Refs
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Thu May 23, 2019 6:32 pm
  • What did Alex Rodriguez do that was wrong? He got a huge contract from another team and left. Any one of us would have done the same thing. I'm sure he didn't handle the PR gracefully but don't be so thin skinned about it. The year after he left the team won a buttload of games, so get over it. The fact that the Mariners have been horrible ever since is just a continuation of what baseball has been in the city since the beginning.

Clay Bennett did exactly what he said he would do, enabled by Howard Schultz. I don't blame Clay one bit for what happened.

My worse 3:

Behring
    Etric Pruitt
    Howard
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

Fri May 24, 2019 8:25 am

YES.

What did Rodriguez do????...First of all he held the M's hostage right after they drafted him. Then he bolted for Texas and was a complete d*ck about all of it, on top of that, he was juicing the whole time. A COMPLETE and utter douchebag, get over THAT.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri May 24, 2019 8:44 am
  • Well if we're going to get upset about juicing dicks then may as well quit being a sports fan.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

Fri May 24, 2019 9:48 am
  • Lol but Arod was in Seattle in a Press conference and stated he loved Seattle and it wasn't about the Money, next day signs with Texas.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information