Drew Magary

OP
OP
acer1240

acer1240

Reaction score
Threedee":3up0es55 said:
As an avid reader of Why Your Team Sucks, I just assume that he is a major d-bag.

I imagine it would be easy to. Read his stuff. The Romo Peter King stuff was epic.

Threedee

Reaction score
acer1240":3iudexta said:
Threedee":3iudexta said:
As an avid reader of Why Your Team Sucks, I just assume that he is a major d-bag.

I imagine it would be easy to. Read his stuff. The Romo Peter King stuff was epic.

Funny thing is, right after I posted that, I clicked on the link and read his account. Pretty effed-up thing to have to experience. Don't know if his condition means he has to lay off alcohol, otherwise, I reccommend the brain hemorrhage shot to him whenever he's feeling festive again.

Granted, Deadspin is basically all about being cynical, edgy, and downright douchy. It would be refreshing to read some of Magary in a non-WYTS environment.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Threedee":3l1liiyv said:
acer1240":3l1liiyv said:
Threedee":3l1liiyv said:

Funny thing is, right after I posted that, I clicked on the link and read his account. Pretty effed-up thing to have to experience. Don't know if his condition means he has to lay off alcohol, otherwise, I reccommend the brain hemorrhage shot to him whenever he's feeling festive again.

Granted, Deadspin is basically all about being cynical, edgy, and downright douchy. It would be refreshing to read some of Magary in a non-WYTS environment.
He also writes for GQ.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Drew is a terrific writer. He's funny with a sharp wit. Plays off himself and is very self aware. He's also incredibly smart and fearless about what he writes about.

Deadspin is my go-to website for everything pop culture and sports. It also has links to other sites who take on a wide variety of other topics. It's far from "douchey" (that would be Barstool sports) in that its very aware of how invasive and ridiculous sports are and so never takes it or itself seriously.

mrt144

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1zzmbyy3 said:
Drew is a terrific writer. He's funny with a sharp wit. Plays off himself and is very self aware. He's also incredibly smart and fearless about what he writes about.

Deadspin is my go-to website for everything pop culture and sports. It also has links to other sites who take on a wide variety of other topics. It's far from "douchey" (that would be Barstool sports) in that its very aware of how invasive and ridiculous sports are and so never takes it or itself seriously.

Same!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Magery is my spirit animal, dude's a bad ass writer.

Also check out his books, most are quite a departure from his usual sports-centric style of writing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=drew+ma ... e&ie=UTF-8

Thankfully Drew's recovering nicely and is back to writing. We've already lost Bordain, we can't lose Magery as well. We won't!

OP
OP
acer1240

acer1240

Reaction score
Maulbert":z4zemvy0 said:
I feel sorry for him, but I despise that entire family of blogs. The only thing I enjoy from there is WYTS. I do hope he gets better, that sounds utterly miserable.

Drew writes a Jambaroo every Thursday during the season as well as funbags every Tuesday. I'd encourage you to check them out.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Peter King (now at NBC) and the crew he created at MMBQ are the teacher's pets.

Barstool are the meathead bullies.

Bill Simmons and The Ringer staff are the AP kids.

Deadspin are the smart alecks throwing spitballs from the back of the room.

Drew hangs with the smart alecks and resents the pets, bullies, and the AP kids (while also being smarter than all of them).

mrt144

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2wm538ba said:
Peter King (now at NBC) and the crew he created at MMBQ are the teacher's pets.

Barstool are the meathead bullies.

Bill Simmons and The Ringer staff are the AP kids.

Deadspin are the smart alecks throwing spitballs from the back of the room.

Drew hangs with the smart alecks and resents the pets, bullies, and the AP kids (while also being smarter than all of them).

More than anything they show how up their own asses the rest of sports media is. Greg Easterbrook Haughty Dipshit of the Week!