Russell Wilson, Ciara join Seattle Sounders FC ownership gro

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Wilson joins Sounders ownership team
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:29 am

• Me thinks this is just the first of a couple franchises that the Russ/Ciara team will own.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Can Russell play centerback? Macklemore? Ciara?............Anyone?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• The big picture is he is now in the ownership circle at CenturyLink which is a partner with the Seahawks, he may not be able to own part of the Seahawks now but the stage is set for a possible cross over with that after he retires at 55.

:)
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:The big picture is he is now in the ownership circle at CenturyLink which is a partner with the Seahawks, he may not be able to own part of the Seahawks now but the stage is set for a possible cross over with that after he retires at 55.

:)

You gotta be a billionaire, with a "b" to get into the big boy NFL club, even as part owner. I don't think Russell will ever bet at the net worth needed to be an NFL owner...............maybe a VERY small minority owner.

Sounders are a great start though for him to get into pro sports ownership and see how that world operates. Also great for the Sounders having him as a high profile owner being at matches and club events.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• With his wife and him and all the endorsements etc his Net worth grows, and will continue, he is pretty savvy it seems, may not be a Jordon type owner but he may be able to get in a share owner.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I hope this is Wilson's clever(er) version of TB12.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• Yeah wow, that’s kinda cool.. I was impressed until I saw Macklemore (IMO bandwagon man) as well introduced to the ownership group
    JPatera76
    NET Veteran

• Well I am waiting on the NBA, I know he was involved in a potential group to purchase part of the team if it comes here also.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Well I am waiting on the NBA, I know he was involved in a potential group to purchase part of the team if it comes here also.

The only way Hansen gets his NBA team is to abandon his SODO arena project and get into bed with with the Oakview group to hopefully be a part of whatever ownership group forms once the new arena is built and the NBA starts their vetting process on potential relocation and/or expansion.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information