Russell Wilson, Ciara join Seattle Sounders FC ownership gro

Jville

Reaction score
usa_today_12098255.0.jpg

“Seattle means so much to me and Ciara,” Wilson said in the official press release. “We’re fired up about being part of the Sounders for a long, long time, having ownership in the Sounders and continuing to build that winning culture.
Russell Wilson, Ciara join Seattle Sounders FC ownership group >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/8/13/20804092/russell-wilson-ciara-join-seattle-sounders-fc-ownership-group-nfl-mls-news[/urltargetblank]

2_0_6

Reaction score
Me thinks this is just the first of a couple franchises that the Russ/Ciara team will own.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Can Russell play centerback? Macklemore? Ciara?............Anyone?

chris98251

Reaction score
The big picture is he is now in the ownership circle at CenturyLink which is a partner with the Seahawks, he may not be able to own part of the Seahawks now but the stage is set for a possible cross over with that after he retires at 55.

:)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":3t3x5ljc said:
The big picture is he is now in the ownership circle at CenturyLink which is a partner with the Seahawks, he may not be able to own part of the Seahawks now but the stage is set for a possible cross over with that after he retires at 55.

:)

You gotta be a billionaire, with a "b" to get into the big boy NFL club, even as part owner. I don't think Russell will ever bet at the net worth needed to be an NFL owner...............maybe a VERY small minority owner.

Sounders are a great start though for him to get into pro sports ownership and see how that world operates. Also great for the Sounders having him as a high profile owner being at matches and club events.

chris98251

Reaction score
With his wife and him and all the endorsements etc his Net worth grows, and will continue, he is pretty savvy it seems, may not be a Jordon type owner but he may be able to get in a share owner.

knownone

Reaction score
I hope this is Wilson's clever(er) version of TB12.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Yeah wow, that’s kinda cool.. I was impressed until I saw Macklemore (IMO bandwagon man) as well introduced to the ownership group

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I am waiting on the NBA, I know he was involved in a potential group to purchase part of the team if it comes here also.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":hr7ubhss said:
Well I am waiting on the NBA, I know he was involved in a potential group to purchase part of the team if it comes here also.

The only way Hansen gets his NBA team is to abandon his SODO arena project and get into bed with with the Oakview group to hopefully be a part of whatever ownership group forms once the new arena is built and the NBA starts their vetting process on potential relocation and/or expansion.