Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seattle Mariners 2020 season

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:11 pm
  • 60 games.


    Record?

    32 and 28.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3286
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:07 pm
  • Since the season is only 60 games and I’m assuming there will be no minor league or very limited minor league games, do you bring up play/start Kelenic, Julio Rodriguez, and other top minor league players? They are already talking about expanded rosters.....

    Not playing would likely hurt their development possibly more than playing @ the MLB level.

    What is everyone’s opinion on this?
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:45 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Since the season is only 60 games and I’m assuming there will be no minor league or very limited minor league games, do you bring up play/start Kelenic, Julio Rodriguez, and other top minor league players? They are already talking about expanded rosters.....

    Not playing would likely hurt their development possibly more than playing @ the MLB level.

    What is everyone’s opinion on this?



    Yes id bring them up. A lot of starters wont go 7 innings for awhile so a lot of relievers. Plus idk if triple A is happening. So, yes id let them play some.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3286
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:25 am
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Since the season is only 60 games and I’m assuming there will be no minor league or very limited minor league games, do you bring up play/start Kelenic, Julio Rodriguez, and other top minor league players? They are already talking about expanded rosters.....

    Not playing would likely hurt their development possibly more than playing @ the MLB level.

    What is everyone’s opinion on this?



    Yes id bring them up. A lot of starters wont go 7 innings for awhile so a lot of relievers. Plus idk if triple A is happening. So, yes id let them play some.

    They're manipulating the squad numbers so that kids like these can be close to the show, while not just throwing them to the wolves. Apparently, they'll have Cheney Field available for practice/intersquad games, since there won't be any minors. Game day rosters will be expanded on opening day, too, especially to allow pitchers to not have to throw full games early in the season. Have been reading articles in the Times about it. Sounds like there is a plan in place.

    They have to be careful about the major league eligibility and call up options available, also.

    Mariners fans know well what happens when you bring up young guys too soon, so they burn out early in their careers. Some kids never get over the shock.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20079
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:24 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Since the season is only 60 games and I’m assuming there will be no minor league or very limited minor league games, do you bring up play/start Kelenic, Julio Rodriguez, and other top minor league players? They are already talking about expanded rosters.....

    Not playing would likely hurt their development possibly more than playing @ the MLB level.

    What is everyone’s opinion on this?



    Yes id bring them up. A lot of starters wont go 7 innings for awhile so a lot of relievers. Plus idk if triple A is happening. So, yes id let them play some.

    They're manipulating the squad numbers so that kids like these can be close to the show, while not just throwing them to the wolves. Apparently, they'll have Cheney Field available for practice/intersquad games, since there won't be any minors. Game day rosters will be expanded on opening day, too, especially to allow pitchers to not have to throw full games early in the season. Have been reading articles in the Times about it. Sounds like there is a plan in place.

    They have to be careful about the major league eligibility and call up options available, also.

    Mariners fans know well what happens when you bring up young guys too soon, so they burn out early in their careers. Some kids never get over the shock.

    I get what you’re saying but Kelenic and Rodriguez are going to be much better players than Ackley and Zunino.
    Kyle Lewis got called up late last year and was on fire as soon as he was called up, last year was his first FULL minor league season.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:24 am
  • Mariners and their taxi squad predictions:

    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mar ... lb-season/
    Analysis: Who will make the Mariners’ 40-man roster and 20-man ‘taxi squad’ for shortened MLB season?

    At first, it seemed like it would be a quick and easy analysis. The plan, which most baseball writers will do in the next few days, was to project the group of 60 players that the Mariners expect to invite to participate in spring training 2.0, or perhaps if you prefer “summer camp” … hat tip to Steve Bonaci on Twitter for that moniker.

    How difficult could it be?

    Pick the 60 best players who are most ready to step in and play in one of the 60 regular-season games in this shortened campaign. The 40-man roster takes up the bulk of the 60 players, so that leaves 20 non-roster players to fill out what is being called “a taxi squad,” which will consist of players not on the active roster.

    But the Mariners are bringing a different philosophy into this truncated 2020 season. They are still in the midst of a rebuilding plan that has been slowed, if not sidetracked, by the shutdown caused by the spread of coronavirus. Before the sports world was put on pause, the Mariners’ plan was to use this season for development by having a slew of young and largely inexperienced players amass innings, at-bats and games at the major-league level. On paper, the projected roster appeared to be a 90-plus loss team. While the win-loss results were expected to be ugly at times, the purpose was to give players an opportunity to gain MLB experience to build for the seasons to come while the organization could evaluate them to see if or when they’d be a part of the future core of this rebuild.

    And with the typical minor league season expected to be canceled and no definite plans for an extended spring training league or fall league in place, the Mariners need to get top prospects back on the field in some way. This was expected to be a significant developmental season in the minor leagues for top prospects like Jarred Kelenic, Julio Rodriguez, Logan Gilbert and others. And not having any baseball for them would be crushing.


    More at link.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20079
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:05 pm
  • Would it be any more of a Mariner thing to do but make the playoffs and covid cancels playoffs.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3286
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:10 pm
  • sutz wrote:Mariners and their taxi squad predictions:

    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mar ... lb-season/
    Analysis: Who will make the Mariners’ 40-man roster and 20-man ‘taxi squad’ for shortened MLB season?

    At first, it seemed like it would be a quick and easy analysis. The plan, which most baseball writers will do in the next few days, was to project the group of 60 players that the Mariners expect to invite to participate in spring training 2.0, or perhaps if you prefer “summer camp” … hat tip to Steve Bonaci on Twitter for that moniker.

    How difficult could it be?

    Pick the 60 best players who are most ready to step in and play in one of the 60 regular-season games in this shortened campaign. The 40-man roster takes up the bulk of the 60 players, so that leaves 20 non-roster players to fill out what is being called “a taxi squad,” which will consist of players not on the active roster.

    But the Mariners are bringing a different philosophy into this truncated 2020 season. They are still in the midst of a rebuilding plan that has been slowed, if not sidetracked, by the shutdown caused by the spread of coronavirus. Before the sports world was put on pause, the Mariners’ plan was to use this season for development by having a slew of young and largely inexperienced players amass innings, at-bats and games at the major-league level. On paper, the projected roster appeared to be a 90-plus loss team. While the win-loss results were expected to be ugly at times, the purpose was to give players an opportunity to gain MLB experience to build for the seasons to come while the organization could evaluate them to see if or when they’d be a part of the future core of this rebuild.

    And with the typical minor league season expected to be canceled and no definite plans for an extended spring training league or fall league in place, the Mariners need to get top prospects back on the field in some way. This was expected to be a significant developmental season in the minor leagues for top prospects like Jarred Kelenic, Julio Rodriguez, Logan Gilbert and others. And not having any baseball for them would be crushing.


    More at link.

    Thanks for the info. I will be disappointed if Kelenic doesn’t get some MLB AB’s this summer, as he was projected by many to be a September call up. Kyle Lewis jumped from AA to MLB last year and did very well.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:38 am
  • I’ve been a Mariners fan since the late 70’s and have committed considerable time and money supporting them. For that commitment I have “several” amazing memories that reached the pinnacle of winning a divisional series. Even with all the failures and disappointments I started each season with that hope that this could be the year. I unfortunately have watched the passing of friends and family that shared the hope of a WS, and have been all to aware that as my age climbs the odds of me seeing my team play in one are looking grim.

    My fear today is not about never watching them in a WS but.... that they will win the 60 game covid season *WS
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 215
    Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:47 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:29 pm
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:I’ve been a Mariners fan since the late 70’s and have committed considerable time and money supporting them. For that commitment I have “several” amazing memories that reached the pinnacle of winning a divisional series. Even with all the failures and disappointments I started each season with that hope that this could be the year. I unfortunately have watched the passing of friends and family that shared the hope of a WS, and have been all to aware that as my age climbs the odds of me seeing my team play in one are looking grim.

    My fear today is not about never watching them in a WS but.... that they will win the 60 game covid season *WS



    Why? A title is a title.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3286
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:24 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Flyingsquad23 wrote:I’ve been a Mariners fan since the late 70’s and have committed considerable time and money supporting them. For that commitment I have “several” amazing memories that reached the pinnacle of winning a divisional series. Even with all the failures and disappointments I started each season with that hope that this could be the year. I unfortunately have watched the passing of friends and family that shared the hope of a WS, and have been all to aware that as my age climbs the odds of me seeing my team play in one are looking grim.

    My fear today is not about never watching them in a WS but.... that they will win the 60 game covid season *WS



    Why? A title is a title.

    Exactly!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:03 pm
  • Well, 2020 schedule is released. 40 games against AL West and 20 vs NL West. Kind of quirky and home/away splits are not even. We'll see.

    https://www.mlb.com/mariners/schedule/2020-07
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20079
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:31 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Flyingsquad23 wrote:I’ve been a Mariners fan since the late 70’s and have committed considerable time and money supporting them. For that commitment I have “several” amazing memories that reached the pinnacle of winning a divisional series. Even with all the failures and disappointments I started each season with that hope that this could be the year. I unfortunately have watched the passing of friends and family that shared the hope of a WS, and have been all to aware that as my age climbs the odds of me seeing my team play in one are looking grim.

    My fear today is not about never watching them in a WS but.... that they will win the 60 game covid season *WS



    Why? A title is a title.

    Exactly!

    Oh please!I get where the guy is coming from as fan
    from the start,all those horrible seasons and so close
    to WS you could taste it!
    The first title has to be one earned over 162 games
    not some punny schedule with weird changes.
    Anyone who wins will be considered the covoid champ.
    I hope play all their young ones in prep for next year
    and get a top 3 pick the next draft.
    That is my take :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5497
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:05 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Flyingsquad23 wrote:I’ve been a Mariners fan since the late 70’s and have committed considerable time and money supporting them. For that commitment I have “several” amazing memories that reached the pinnacle of winning a divisional series. Even with all the failures and disappointments I started each season with that hope that this could be the year. I unfortunately have watched the passing of friends and family that shared the hope of a WS, and have been all to aware that as my age climbs the odds of me seeing my team play in one are looking grim.

    My fear today is not about never watching them in a WS but.... that they will win the 60 game covid season *WS



    Why? A title is a title.

    Exactly!

    Oh please!I get where the guy is coming from as fan
    from the start,all those horrible seasons and so close
    to WS you could taste it!
    The first title has to be one earned over 162 games
    not some punny schedule with weird changes.
    Anyone who wins will be considered the covoid champ.
    I hope play all their young ones in prep for next year
    and get a top 3 pick the next draft.
    That is my take :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

    I’ll take a COVID WS Title and proudly display it in the trophy case.
    I do agree with playing the young studs however.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:18 pm

Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:22 pm
  • Indy got my drift. This season if it even goes through will be topped off with an asterisk. Like prize rookies getting hurt, trading first ballot HOF’ers, and finishing a season with 116 wins(tied for the record) a WS* this year would be true Mariner style.
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 215
    Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:47 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:34 pm
  • With the expanded playoff and shortened season maybe the M's suprise us and sneak in this year?
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4506
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:22 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:09 pm
  • 19 long years of frustration is over! Lol
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3286
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:11 pm
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:Indy got my drift. This season if it even goes through will be topped off with an asterisk. Like prize rookies getting hurt, trading first ballot HOF’ers, and finishing a season with 116 wins(tied for the record) a WS* this year would be true Mariner style.


    Pitchers pitching everyday?

    Like 154 game seasons?

    1995 shortened season?

    Steroid era?

    Drugs being heavily used in 70s and 80s?


    Wah wah. A season is a season. It wont matter as mariners wont make it but come on.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3286
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:59 pm
  • Maybe one advantage the Mariners have is starting pitchers will only go 4ish innings to start.
    So when you face other teams “stud” pitchers it won’t be for 8 innings. So maybe this will even things out a bit?
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:21 am
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Flyingsquad23 wrote:Indy got my drift. This season if it even goes through will be topped off with an asterisk. Like prize rookies getting hurt, trading first ballot HOF’ers, and finishing a season with 116 wins(tied for the record) a WS* this year would be true Mariner style.


    Pitchers pitching everyday?

    Like 154 game seasons?

    1995 shortened season?

    Steroid era?

    Drugs being heavily used in 70s and 80s?


    Wah wah. A season is a season. It wont matter as mariners wont make it but come on.


    If you want to treat it like every other year more power to you. If the Yankees or dodgers or Red Sox win it all this year everyone will say they had the squad no matter how many game we’re played, if the M’s win it will be written off as the pandemic season where anyone could win. Top it off with the fact that odds are we won’t be at the ballpark to witness. And sorry we haven’t waited 100 years, it’s still been a lifetime of no WS. So go wah wah yourself in the...
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 215
    Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:47 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:33 pm
  • Kyle Lewis just crushed one against Verlander. 438 feet.
    M’s up 1-0, top of 2nd.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:37 pm
  • Yay! Baseball! :snack:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20079
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:14 pm
  • Seager just hit one out, 2-1 Seattle.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:47 pm
  • Good to see Seager be productive in game one. Lewis picking up where he left off. Marco looking shakey. Mallex reminding me why he is my least favorite player ever, overtaking Ketel Marte. Damn, I miss Leonys Martin patrolling the OF.

    And all of a sudden it's 6-2 Houston.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1673
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:05 am
    Location: Out here


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:49 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:Good to see Seager be productive in game one. Lewis picking up where he left off. Marco looking shakey. Mallex reminding me why he is my least favorite player ever, overtaking Ketel Marte. Damn, I miss Leonys Martin patrolling the OF.

    And all of a sudden it's 6-2 Houston.

    Yep, brought in some no name who coughed up a lead and Seager made an error before that.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:07 pm
  • I didn't like pulling Marco at 73 pitches when he'd just given up a couple ground balls one of which should have been a double play.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2517
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:11 pm
  • Not impressed with the bullpen. They are crapping the bed.
    Thought Marco pitched well, Seager’s error was a killer, gotta get at least the lead runner there.

    Offense looks too thin. Bring up Kelenic to add some energy and pop to the offense.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:13 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:I didn't like pulling Marco at 73 pitches when he'd just given up a couple ground balls one of which should have been a double play.

    Don’t like it but understand it. He had a 75 pitch limit.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:14 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:I didn't like pulling Marco at 73 pitches when he'd just given up a couple ground balls one of which should have been a double play.


    Exactly my thoughts. He wasn't great, but was keeping it within reason. Typical Servais in mid season form already. Turing up his pen of single A'ers that immediately blow the game wide open.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1673
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:05 am
    Location: Out here


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:21 pm
  • My God, the Ms batter's have been chasing pitches all night. This is tough to watch.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1673
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:05 am
    Location: Out here


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:23 pm
  • Out of the playoff race yet?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19332
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:38 pm
  • Seager is whatever. Vogelbach is annoyingly loved. I like seager tho but he is just not the star fans wanted.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3286
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:53 pm
  • Losing 5-1 bottom 5.

    Seattle’s offense is too anemic. Too many automatic outs.
    When you have Nola hitting 5th and Volglout hitting 6th your line up has serious holes.

    Bullpen also has serious holes.

    Bring up the kids that are close, let em play. You’re not even going to be close to making the playoffs with this roster.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:17 pm
  • Lewis still dropping bombs. Need to get some guys on base for him to drive in. Crawford is hot to. It would be nice if those were base clearing triples.

    The pitching leaves a lot to be desired.

    But hey, wasn't expecting much out of the season except seeing what the kids can do anyway. Kelenic should come up soon.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2517
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:32 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote: Kelenic should come up soon.


    It will be a huge disappointment and slap in the face if he isn't called up by the beginning of the next series in against the Angels. Mallex needs to be DFAd. He can't hit, he can't get walks, he can't track a fly ball to save his life. Two games in a row he biffs on a completely catchable fly ball. Ridiculous. And instead of hustling to pick it up, he sinks his head and sulks. His problems go back to last season. His best trait can't even be used if if he can't get on base.

    I love the youth movement, but this lineup needs some pop. If you're going with your young guns, why keep the most promising one back? Especially with no minor league season? He needs to play.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1673
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:05 am
    Location: Out here


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:00 pm
  • I was too busy to post this last night, but here it is:

    Image
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6806
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:52 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:Lewis still dropping bombs. Need to get some guys on base for him to drive in. Crawford is hot to. It would be nice if those were base clearing triples.

    The pitching leaves a lot to be desired.

    But hey, wasn't expecting much out of the season except seeing what the kids can do anyway. Kelenic should come up soon.

    Lewis when he connects the ball goes a long ways.
    Still young but would love to see him cutdown on his strikeouts. ...but if he keeps hitting bombs at this pace, it’s a secondary concern.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:33 pm
  • Kikuchi is dealing so far. Bottom 4, 1 run, only 40 pitches so far. :2thumbs:

    Hitters actually scored 4 runs so far. :2thumbs:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20079
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:55 pm
  • And then wilts in the 4th. :laugh:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20079
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:08 pm
  • Kikuchi scared of the moment.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3286
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:09 pm
  • Id have kelnic(spelling) up. Why not? Griffey was playing 1st year. I am not saying Jared is jr.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3286
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:12 pm
  • Mallex is anemic.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3286
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:50 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Id have kelnic(spelling) up. Why not? Griffey was playing 1st year. I am not saying Jared is jr.

    Kelenic should be up IMHO. He has the ability and confidence/swagger to handle MLB pressure.
    M’s are too worried about the service time crap.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:00 pm
  • M’s win! M’s win! M’s win!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:06 pm
  • Huge win plus verlander out for year. Im calling the mariners win tomorrow and get the split.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3286
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:08 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:Id have kelnic(spelling) up. Why not? Griffey was playing 1st year. I am not saying Jared is jr.

    Kelenic should be up IMHO. He has the ability and confidence/swagger to handle MLB pressure.
    M’s are too worried about the service time crap.



    Yea i fully agree with you. Its a short season and he can provide more runs and who knows? They showed a graph that 30 and 30 would of made playoffs last year. I am not saying they can but at same time let the best players play.

    And if they snuck in and got blasted in 1st rd? Still a huge experience for the team who is so young.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3286
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:18 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Huge win plus verlander out for year. Im calling the mariners win tomorrow and get the split.

    Now they are saying he might be out for only 3 or 4 weeks with a forearm strain. Who knows which one is accurate.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:20 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:Huge win plus verlander out for year. Im calling the mariners win tomorrow and get the split.

    Now they are saying he might be out for only 3 or 4 weeks with a forearm strain. Who knows which one is accurate.



    Oh wow. The youth has potential. I am excited to see kyle lewis through the years.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3286
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:39 pm
  • Nice win for the young guys. Good comeback top of 8, and Williams struggled but came through with the save.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20079
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Next


It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests