Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The name: Climate Pledge Arena

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:41 am
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 7043
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:01 pm
  • Well that is just a scrotum grabber.

    CPA is what it will be called, dumbest name in sports now. I am sure he didn't want it to be Amazon only because that name is already targeted for a lot of things negative.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 31844
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:38 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Well that is just a scrotum grabber.

    CPA is what will be called, dumbest name in sports now. I am sure he didn't want it to be Amazon only because that name is already targeted for a lot of things negative.

    Wow, dumbassed name.
    Maybe this is why, this is why they’ve been taking so long on the team’s name, they were worried about crap like this.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 29375
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:54 pm
  • HORRIBLE name. I have no problem with what it stands for but as far as Arena names go....

    :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

    And let me guess, Seattle's NHL team will be called the Kraken.

    "Hey all let's 'Pledge' to go see the Kraken this week!"

    :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 14082
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:32 pm
  • Aros wrote:HORRIBLE name. I have no problem with what it stands for but as far as Arena names go....

    :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

    And let me guess, Seattle's NHL team will be called the Kraken.

    "Hey all let's 'Pledge' to go see the Kraken this week!"

    :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

    AreNA I agree, but I like the Kraken name.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 31844
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:37 pm
  • Yeah, kind of blew it on that one.

    :34853_doh:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 19633
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:02 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 7043
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:05 pm
  • There are some stupid arena names but this has to take the cake. I wish arena's would do away with the sponsor crap and just go back to old way of naming arenas like Seattle Center Coliseum or the Forum or the Spectrum or Madison Square Garden, etc. The modern sponsor names have gotten ridiculous.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter
     
    Posts: 7746
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 pm
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:37 pm
  • Horrible name! The team name better not be the Seattle Climate Controllers... wouldn't surprise me at this point. Hey, it IS Seattle afterall. Bunch of hippies, I tell ya!
    nategreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1706
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 12:36 pm


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:41 pm
  • nategreat wrote:Horrible name! The team name better not be the Seattle Climate Controllers... wouldn't surprise me at this point. Hey, it IS Seattle afterall. Bunch of hippies, I tell ya!

    They should call the team the “Hippy Dopers”, they all come out to the ice smoking a big fat J.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 29375
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:42 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:There are some stupid arena names but this has to take the cake. I wish arena's would do away with the sponsor crap and just go back to old way of naming arenas like Seattle Center Coliseum or the Forum or the Spectrum or Madison Square Garden, etc. The modern sponsor names have gotten ridiculous.

    Agree 100%
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 29375
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:46 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:There are some stupid arena names but this has to take the cake. I wish arena's would do away with the sponsor crap and just go back to old way of naming arenas like Seattle Center Coliseum or the Forum or the Spectrum or Madison Square Garden, etc. The modern sponsor names have gotten ridiculous.

    Agree 100%


    Double agree 100%.

    Even Amazon Arena would be a trillion times better.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 14082
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:59 pm
  • Seattle just seems to continue to find ways to be a laughing stock of the nation
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3067
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:25 pm
  • Ugh.

    That name just screams trying too hard. Why does Seattle always have to try and be the most progressive, the most woke..... god just give it a normal name.

    "It will be the first net zero carbon certified arena in the world!!!!" Aren't you all so impressed? Huh??

    They're going to sprain their shoulder patting themselves on the back.
    twisted_steel2
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 6820
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:28 pm
  • :sarcasm_on: Maybe they'll name the team the Eco Warriors. :sarcasm_off:

    :twisted:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 19633
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:52 pm
  • To be fair... name sucks but the features in the arena are cool.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18686
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:48 am
  • Some alternative nicknames:

    The Greenhouse

    The CHOP House :P

    Although every time I hear "Climate Pledge" I think "Comet Pledge", so maybe "The Clean House"
    Yoonhawk
    * NET Attorney *
     
    Posts: 853
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:58 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:04 am
  • It'll be shortened to "The Pledge" by the press. Guess it'll work. :Dunno:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 19633
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:08 am
  • sutz wrote:It'll be shortened to "The Pledge" by the press. Guess it'll work. :Dunno:



    CPA arena
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 31844
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:18 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    sutz wrote:It'll be shortened to "The Pledge" by the press. Guess it'll work. :Dunno:



    CPA arena

    Yep, CPA.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 29375
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:23 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Aros wrote:HORRIBLE name. I have no problem with what it stands for but as far as Arena names go....

    :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

    And let me guess, Seattle's NHL team will be called the Kraken.

    "Hey all let's 'Pledge' to go see the Kraken this week!"

    :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

    AreNA I agree, but I like the Kraken name.

    You should since you came up with it :lol:
    Pledge arena makes me think of that wood surface
    cleaner.
    That arena will always be Seattle Center to me,
    the home of the Sonics.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5450
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:18 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Aros wrote:HORRIBLE name. I have no problem with what it stands for but as far as Arena names go....

    :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

    And let me guess, Seattle's NHL team will be called the Kraken.

    "Hey all let's 'Pledge' to go see the Kraken this week!"

    :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

    AreNA I agree, but I like the Kraken name.

    You should since you came up with it :lol:
    Pledge arena makes me think of that wood surface
    cleaner.
    That arena will always be Seattle Center to me,
    the home of the Sonics.



    I always think of it as the Coliseum.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 31844
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:31 am

Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:53 am
  • Time wounds all heels. :twisted:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 19633
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:29 pm
  • Hey a political based name!! Nope it's the krackshack.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 9780
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:25 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Hey a political based name!! Nope it's the krackshack.

    Nope, Krakhouse!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 29375
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:04 pm
  • I find it hilarious Amazon spent all that money on the name, and no one is going to use it. :lol:

    "What are you doing tonight? Heading down to the Krakhouse to watch some hockey!"
    twisted_steel2
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 6820
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:44 am
  • Honestly, with an arena name like that I'm surprised the team didn't name themselves the Seattle Man-Buns.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 7448
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:44 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:Honestly, with an arena name like that I'm surprised the team didn't name themselves the Seattle Man-Buns.

    They basically did by calling them the kracken, with the crappy S logo, & the baby blue jerseys.
    notyou
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 180
    Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:50 pm


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:23 pm
  • notyou wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:Honestly, with an arena name like that I'm surprised the team didn't name themselves the Seattle Man-Buns.

    They basically did by calling them the kracken, with the crappy S logo, & the baby blue jerseys.


    Bruh, you can't even spell the name right so you have no ground to criticize from whatsoever. Baby blue jerseys? It's an accent stripe. And the logo is fresh as hell, so you may as well get used to seeing it everywhere soon.

    Almost all NHL/NBA arenas have god awful, overly-corporate names because it's easy income from the highest bidder. Even the old, storied MLB and NFL stadiums with traditional names are losing way in the sake of making a buck for selling naming space. Doesn't matter what it's officially called -- if there's enough general consensus among fans to give it an unofficial nickname, it'll stick.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3274
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:36 am
    Location: PNW


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:50 pm
  • 253hawk wrote:
    notyou wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:Honestly, with an arena name like that I'm surprised the team didn't name themselves the Seattle Man-Buns.

    They basically did by calling them the kracken, with the crappy S logo, & the baby blue jerseys.


    Bruh, you can't even spell the name right so you have no ground to criticize from whatsoever. Baby blue jerseys? It's an accent stripe. And the logo is fresh as hell, so you may as well get used to seeing it everywhere soon.

    Almost all NHL/NBA arenas have god awful, overly-corporate names because it's easy income from the highest bidder. Even the old, storied MLB and NFL stadiums with traditional names are losing way in the sake of making a buck for selling naming space. Doesn't matter what it's officially called -- if there's enough general consensus among fans to give it an unofficial nickname, it'll stick.

    If you mean not done before by "fresh as hell", then ok, but if you mean it's great, that's laughable. It looks like something a 10yr old scribbled. I've seen a better design in the toilet after taking a $h!t. The name Kraken is just dumb. I'm sure I will see it around as people are just plain stupid these days. It's about as bad as the front facing Seahawk logo.
    notyou
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 180
    Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:50 pm


Re: The name: Climate Pledge Arena
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:15 pm
  • So people that think it's fine are stupid? Grow up.

    Imagine being so bent out of shape over something so trivial.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3274
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:36 am
    Location: PNW




It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests