EPL 2012-2013

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: EPL 2012-2013
Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:53 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:INCORRECT

Okay Mr. Expert, care to elaborate on why it's incorrect? Cause I don't see a reason why I might be wrong, and all that tells me is that you don't like my predictions. Last year you said I was wishful thinking about me predicting a 3rd place finish for Arsenal, but I was right? Hell I was right bout the Top 3's exact order.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:48 am
  • Pretty good opening day.

Always nice to see Liverpool get smashed
    BillHawks
    NET Starter

Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:58 am
  • Jog on, Bill.

Liverpool were admittedly poor. I'm not happy to see so many players out of position. I don't think we have the personnel for a solid 4-3-3 like that. Suarez not putting away his chances is one thing, but he was basically the only one creating them. Downing is awful, Gerrard needs to step back, Borini was poor, Allen was a non-factor, lucas was way out of position. Rodgers needs to start putting players in position to enhance their strengths, not weaken them. First game, lots of lessons to be learned. WBA were great up front, and decently organized in the back. Liverpool's back 4 were shambolic, especially in the second half.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:17 am
  • I just finished watching the Arsenal game. Sunderland didn't even try today, but had almost as many decent shots on goal. I was watching while cooking and there was no commentary so my assessments may be well off, but Carzola looked very good, Giroud looked promising, despite a pretty poor miss, Gervinho has skills but lacks control when it comes to finishing, Podolski was a bit off the pace. Mertesacker didn't have to do much, but still didn't look convincing in defence.

They had absolutely no help from the crowd. As there was no commentary on my feed (living the dream!) you could hear the crowd pretty clearly, or you could have, if they'd bother to open their mouths. Poor effort.

It was still promising for Arsenal though. A few new faces settling in and most of the possession and territory, but Sunderland did sweet FA, passing poorly and hoofing it long out of the box all game, so it's hard to make a proper judgment. Except that Carzola looked good.

Oh, and Song's gone. Barcelona for £15 million.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:35 am
  • I watched the majority of the Arsenal match and it was a fairly good match by Arsenal. They were unfortunate not to score with the amount of shots they had. Sunderland played very good defense, which was really all they could do. The new signings were good, especially Cazorla who I think was man of the match. Podolski had some good chances but didn't finish them and Giroud was good as well. I will have to disagree with Hawkspur about Mertesacker, as I'm not sure if it was just me, but he almost looked faster. I still question Per's decision to push forward some of the time.

Sunderland on the other hand were way more worrisome with the lack of possession on the attacking half. They did have a great chance 5 minutes in but McClean shot straight at Szczesny. Most of their other chances were either shut down, or a bad pass or touch ruined it.

I liked how Arsenal played today, obviously I would have liked a win, but it looked like a better game than last season's opener. If the injured players comeback fit and stay that way it looks like it could be a good season.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:00 am
  • So while watching the Arsenal-Sunderland match this morning the announcers commented that starting this season the PL was requiring all pitches to be the same size. Anyone know why they made that change?
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:04 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:So while watching the Arsenal-Sunderland match this morning the announcers commented that starting this season the PL was requiring all pitches to be the same size. Anyone know why they made that change?

This is the first time I've heard about that.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:37 am
  • Bad result, bad not a bad start for Spurs. We restricted one of the league's best front lines to 2 goals from about our only mistakes in the game. We should have scored more, but such is life. The result highlighted our need to get the Modric nonsense over with and buy a striker and another midfielder. Defoe had a good game but I'd be happier with him coming on as an impact sub and we I'd prefer if we didn't need to start with Livermore too often at this stage.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:47 am
  • That was a great strike by Demba Ba
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:57 am
  • Yeah, it was. He's a good player alright. Newcastle have quietly assembled a whole lot of them.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:14 pm
  • Pleased to see Fulham thumping Norwich today to chants of, "Are you watching Clint Dempsey?"

Too many players spit the dummy out when they don't get their own way. If you sign a contract, it's the clubs perogative to turn down offers for you. Well played Fulham.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:49 pm
  • 3 things I learned from the Arsenal-Sunderland match today:

1. The team isn't going to have a problem distributing the ball.
    2. There wasn't enough action for the defense to have a definitive opinion on where they stand.
    3. We are going to hear the RVP excuse for EVERYTHING and it isn't going to be Arsenal using it. Examples: If Arsenal missed a shot, "if that was RvP they would have scored". If Arsenal drew or lost, "If they had RvP, that would have turned out differently."
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:07 am
  • Watched Match of the Day last night and it was a great opening day; unfortunately for Spurs, Newcastle looked good, but if Spurs had another Striker other than Defoe, i'm not sure this would have been the result; however Ba and Cabaye are definately quality players!
    Swansea, well, stunned by their play, and Fulham aswell!
    Rodgers and Liverpool? Teething problems possibly, but not helped by the crap defending; if something doesn't improve there, I can certainly see him losing the fans, though not necessarily his job but I'm thinking if Hughes has a few more days like that with the super hoops, he'll be making my prediction of him being the first one for the chop come true; I just don't see Tony Fernandes being THAT patient with his investment; he looked so pissed off when the camera cut to him on the stands! I personally don't see QPR as ever being good enough to be more than relegation dodgers/bottom half at best, but I think the Chairman does, so Hughes will be a gonner with either a few more results like that, or they're not top half later on in the season, rightly or wrongly!

Early days though, but i think it's going to be a good season :D
    If i could get this bloody signature thing to work it would be a very pretty picture
    SussexSeahawk
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:00 am
  • Sussex - how are Brighton's prospects this season?

Gate - What you say about people's lazy comments about missing RvP is undoubtedly true, but....RvP would have scored. Gervinho and Giroud got loads of great service but couldn't finish it off. Of course you can't guarantee that RvP would have scored, but I'm certain he would have threatened more than Gervinho did.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:19 am
  • Hawkspur wrote:Sussex - how are Brighton's prospects this season?

Gate - What you say about people's lazy comments about missing RvP is undoubtedly true, but....RvP would have scored. Gervinho and Giroud got loads of great service but couldn't finish it off. Of course you can't guarantee that RvP would have scored, but I'm certain he would have threatened more than Gervinho did.

I think Gervinho's main problem is that even he doesn't realize how fast he is and that he tries to do too much.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:21 pm
  • Hawkspur wrote:Sussex - how are Brighton's prospects this season?

@Hawkspur..........Early days but I honestly think play offs this year; there's a few signings coming soon according to Mr Poyet, so i'm hoping they'll be good ones
    If i could get this bloody signature thing to work it would be a very pretty picture
    SussexSeahawk
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:53 pm
  • Hmm, I wonder what happened to Man United today. They bought Van Persie to aid in scoring goals. Instead they started him on the bench and they couldn't score. When they brought him on, they still couldn't score. They just flat out couldn't score even when Howard was caught out of goal. They better hope this is just a blip and not a sign of things to come.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:20 pm
  • He hardly played in the preseason, give him a few games to get rolling. Everton isn't a pushover either especially at home.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:07 am
  • Looks like Sahin is off to Arsenal on loan. It's strictly 1 year, though, as Mourinho has once again absolutely refused to consider any possibility that the deal could become permanent.

I think Llorente could be on his way to Chelsea. Boo.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:20 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:Hmm, I wonder what happened to Man United today. They bought Van Persie to aid in scoring goals. Instead they started him on the bench and they couldn't score. When they brought him on, they still couldn't score. They just flat out couldn't score even when Howard was caught out of goal. They better hope this is just a blip and not a sign of things to come.

RVP is not match fit yet. Everton are prety tough to beat at Goodison. HOWEVER. I thought United looked flat. Their defense - although having a couple of injuries - was shambolic. Couldn't cope with Fellaini at all. Scholes was far and away their best player, and I think that's worrisome to pin your hopes on a 39 yr old. Kagawa didn't look great, their wingers were pretty awful, and Rooney couldn't get anything going. Having said that, it's a long season, and you know United will be there at the end. RVP will score goals for them, provided he can stay healthy.

You need to learn that players leaving your club is part of football, Gate. Nothing personal.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:41 am
  • I made the mistake of turning on the radio when, arguably, the two biggest idiots in sports (Andy Gray and Richard 'Smash It' Keys - if they're not the most idiotic they're certainly the most odious)) were in the midst of declaring that Everton will probably finish in the top 4! Talk about knee-jerk. Pretty much sums up that particular station though, I guess.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:52 am
  • Hawkspur wrote:I made the mistake of turning on the radio when, arguably, the two biggest idiots in sports (Andy Gray and Richard 'Smash It' Keys - if they're not the most idiotic they're certainly the most odious)) were in the midst of declaring that Everton will probably finish in the top 4! Talk about knee-jerk. Pretty much sums up that particular station though, I guess.

Andy Gray's always been a muppet. Everton looked well against United, but I don't think a top-4 finish is on the cards.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:22 am
  • This is actually the hypocrisy of the move, I can't mock Van Persie cause he isn't "match fit" while it's alright for people to mock Olivier Giroud, who had virtually the same amount of preseason action, for missing really the only shot he got against Sunderland. I wasn't taking anything away from Everton, they were obviously the better team yesterday.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:24 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Hawkspur wrote:I made the mistake of turning on the radio when, arguably, the two biggest idiots in sports (Andy Gray and Richard 'Smash It' Keys - if they're not the most idiotic they're certainly the most odious)) were in the midst of declaring that Everton will probably finish in the top 4! Talk about knee-jerk. Pretty much sums up that particular station though, I guess.

Andy Gray's always been a muppet. Everton looked well against United, but I don't think a top-4 finish is on the cards.

Everton's got about a snowball's chance in hell to finish Top 4, qualifying for the Europa League is probably their finish at the most this year.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:58 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:This is actually the hypocrisy of the move, I can't mock Van Persie cause he isn't "match fit" while it's alright for people to mock Olivier Giroud, who had virtually the same amount of preseason action, for missing really the only shot he got against Sunderland. I wasn't taking anything away from Everton, they were obviously the better team yesterday.

Who mocked Giroud? all reports I read said he looked pretty good.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:15 am
    Who mocked Giroud? all reports I read said he looked pretty good.

Probably the Arsenal 'fans' who were all over twitter saying that they hoped van Persie contracted AIDS after signing with United.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:41 am
  • What reports have you been reading? And Hawkspur, get your head out of your ass, Arsenal fans just want RvP injured in some form, they haven't criticized Giroud.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:15 pm
  • Busy day at the Lane today. Levy seems to have cashed in on two 5-0 thrashings on the weekend by offloading our surplus centre backs to Norwich (Bassong) and QPR (Dawson) respectively. It'll be sad to see Dawson go but I couldn't see his style of play suiting AVB's high-line, ball-playing defensive style. Apparently the fee agreed for Dawson is £9 million too, which would be nothing short of mind-boggling.

Adebayor is back as well. Reports about the fee vary but £5 mil seems to be what City have received. The BBC are reporting that City will continue to pay the majority of his wages for the next 2 years too, which, if true, would be incredible business for Spurs, and quite frankly serves City right for driving up wages by paying ridiculous amounts, seemingly to anyone who asks for them.

If all these fees are true (and the Dawson fee goes through) we'll be in profit for this window with the Modric deal still to come. I have my fingers firmly crossed for some exciting signings in the next 10 days.

Striker, playmaking midfielder and winger please!
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:21 pm
  • Daily Mail is reporting that the Nuri Sahin deal has been completed, with a clause that will allow Arsenal to make the move permanent for £14 million at the end of the season. Sky Sports, on the other hand, is reporting that the deal is almost complete. If this true, We should expect the deal to be confirmed by the end of this week

AC Milan is reportedly after Nicklas Bendtner and are prepared to offer Philippe Mexes as part of their bid for the Danish striker.

Fernando Llorente's agent has stated that there are two EPL clubs that have made their interest in the Spanish striker, one in Manchester and one in London. We all know who the Manchester club is but the London club may be either Arsenal or Spurs, not so sure about Spurs after Adebaywhore's completed move.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:22 am
  • $14 million for Sahin? seems, well..... thats a very un-Arsenal like offer. I've been reading that Wenger is not sold on the deal... if that's the deal I can see why. They just did solid business in off-loading a 29 year old, oft-injured striker and would now be willing to throw 14 million and an even more oft-injured mid fielder?Something's off there. I see Sahin going (and doing above average) but not at that deal....

Its taken me some time to step in here after the debacle on Saturday. Christ on a bike, just find the freaking net and we're sitting at three points.. instead its Liverpool-as-usual and already the fingers are out of the ears and resting firmly on the panic button.

Its only game 1, but obviously some concerns are apparent for a few teams, including Liverpool, United (Everton looked good to net 3-4), Spurs depth and Arsenal's wastefulness near goal. Interesting reading Gate, I'm not sure we watched the same game. All true it was the first game, but the defending will get better as well. Carzola looked the part. Podolski looked average. Giraud.... well this isnt Ligue 1. He will need to step up (with Posolski). Is the Song deal complete? seems a massive loss... is it?

Liverpool needs another striker-winger to add... and quickly. It cant wait until January. The Dempsey deal may come around again, but seeing that Carroll has no place in the squad they will need to more than just Dempsey (or Adam Johnson, Walcott, etal).

There seems to be some steam gathering on Kaka coming as well.... i have nothing to add to that (except if it was sstill 2009 we would have Alonso)...

and the holders this weekend.... getting late early
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:27 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:$14 million for Sahin? seems, well..... thats a very un-Arsenal like offer. I've been reading that Wenger is not sold on the deal... if that's the deal I can see why. They just did solid business in off-loading a 29 year old, oft-injured striker and would now be willing to throw 14 million and an even more oft-injured mid fielder?Something's off there. I see Sahin going (and doing above average) but not at that deal....

Its taken me some time to step in here after the debacle on Saturday. Christ on a bike, just find the freaking net and we're sitting at three points.. instead its Liverpool-as-usual and already the fingers are out of the ears and resting firmly on the panic button.

Its only game 1, but obviously some concerns are apparent for a few teams, including Liverpool, United (Everton looked good to net 3-4), Spurs depth and Arsenal's wastefulness near goal. Interesting reading Gate, I'm not sure we watched the same game. All true it was the first game, but the defending will get better as well. Carzola looked the part. Podolski looked average. Giraud.... well this isnt Ligue 1. He will need to step up (with Posolski). Is the Song deal complete? seems a massive loss... is it?

Liverpool needs another striker-winger to add... and quickly. It cant wait until January. The Dempsey deal may come around again, but seeing that Carroll has no place in the squad they will need to more than just Dempsey (or Adam Johnson, Walcott, etal).

There seems to be some steam gathering on Kaka coming as well.... i have nothing to add to that (except if it was sstill 2009 we would have Alonso)...

and the holders this weekend.... getting late early

Yep. Christ on a bike.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:51 pm
  • Okay, maybe it wasn't so much as Sunderland played great defense as it was Arsenal just didn't spread the play in the final 3rd. But still Arsenal found very little room for error when it got towards the goal, that can be chalked up to good defense by Sunderland.

About the Sahin situation, if this was last year, yeah it would be un-Arsenal like. This year Arsenal has spent 11 mil on Podolski, 13 mil on Giroud and 16.5 mil(still reportedly) on Cazorla. They've been cranking out the cash this past offseason, but haven't broken the bank to do so. My only surprise is that the 14 million pound buyout isn't more.

The Song move is a big loss. But it would be worse if Arsenal hadn't gotten Cazorla before hand. Song was a catalyst in a lot of Arsenal's goals last year, and in the Sunderland game last Saturday, Cazorla was a serious player, a ton of Arsenal's movements began with him, to the point that Martin O'Neal put a player specifically on him.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:34 am
  • I guess this has really little to do with Sahin in specific (who by the way is now headed to Liverpool according to Madrid's major newspaper... have to love the media. Gate please dont tell me its wrong. i'm well aware of the ridiculousness of the saga).

Gate seems surprised that the buyout clause for Sahin is only 14 million. This for a player who was bought for 12 and hasnt yet played for Real due to major injury. And yet his value goes up? (this to me is the major catch in the Arsenal deal, and why it hasnt gone through. I still see him a Gunner in near time)

(preface: I'm a Liverpool fan still trying to cope with dumping 72 million on three players we rarely use)

The reason I find the Sahin saga so interesting is the sudden strength of position Real (and Barca) seem to have over the EPL teams.

In the end Sahin is a good player and I'd love him at Liverpool, but the speculation over one player sitting on RM's bench is astonishing
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:10 am
  • I think the disparity between the fees is even bigger, Si. I think Madrid signed Sahin for around £8mil. I blame the fact that the fee has gone up so much, despite the negative factors that you mention, on Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool for paying well over the odds for players. Other clubs must think British clubs are muppets. We have a problem at Spurs at the moment which is that Madrid know that Modric wants to join and as such Spurs are in a weak position. The fee that Madrid are supposedly willing to pay for Modric is roughly 75% of the cost of the (inferior) players that we've been pursuing. To use Moutinho as an example, Porto apparently won't let him go for less than £35mil, while Madrid are willing to up to £27m for Modric. We saw at the Euros that Modric is a better player. There have been other similar examples too. I don't blame Porto and these other clubs for naming a high price for their player, but when Modric signed an extension 15 months ago it was because Spurs wanted to be able to get market value for him.

In short, Madrid and Barca know that they don't need to convince players to join, and largely because of the extravagant spending of the 3 clubs mentioned above, foreign clubs now look at English buyers and add 50% to their asking price, kind of like if you accidentally mention that the catering or flowers are for a wedding.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:35 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:I guess this has really little to do with Sahin in specific (who by the way is now headed to Liverpool according to Madrid's major newspaper... have to love the media. Gate please dont tell me its wrong. i'm well aware of the ridiculousness of the saga).

I'm not gonna call you a liar cause I saw it in the Daily Mail website, which ironically said the deal was done 2 days ago. The funny thing is, other news sites are still claiming his move to Arsenal is almost complete or is done, while Sky Sports Germany had on it's ticker a line that stated, and this is the translation I got: Information exchanged Nuri Sahin on loan to Arsenal.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:50 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:I guess this has really little to do with Sahin in specific (who by the way is now headed to Liverpool according to Madrid's major newspaper... have to love the media. Gate please dont tell me its wrong. i'm well aware of the ridiculousness of the saga).

I'm not gonna call you a liar cause I saw it in the Daily Mail website, which ironically said the deal was done 2 days ago. The funny thing is, other news sites are still claiming his move to Arsenal is almost complete or is done, while Sky Sports Germany had on it's ticker a line that stated, and this is the translation I got: Information exchanged Nuri Sahin on loan to Arsenal.

all depends on where you look
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:11 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:I guess this has really little to do with Sahin in specific (who by the way is now headed to Liverpool according to Madrid's major newspaper... have to love the media. Gate please dont tell me its wrong. i'm well aware of the ridiculousness of the saga).

all depends on where you look

Just read an article linked on thisisanfield.com that says Liverpool officials met with Sahin's agent today. Read into that what you will. I honestly don't want him anymore. Or Dempsey. Give me Gaston ramirez. We've too many in CM right now as it is. We need someone who can play in behind Suarez/Borini and we need another winger, but I'd like to see Sterling step into that role.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:14 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Just read an article linked on thisisanfield.com that says Liverpool officials met with Sahin's agent today. Read into that what you will. I honestly don't want him anymore. Or Dempsey. Give me Gaston ramirez. We've too many in CM right now as it is. We need someone who can play in behind Suarez/Borini and we need another winger, but I'd like to see Sterling step into that role.

Liverpool needs someone who can score period.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:17 am
  • According to the Daily Mail Rafael Van Der Vaart is on the verge of returning to his former club Hamburger SV. Not sure about how Spurs fans will feel if he does leave, but it's gotta be a massive loss, right up there with Modric.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:43 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Just read an article linked on thisisanfield.com that says Liverpool officials met with Sahin's agent today. Read into that what you will. I honestly don't want him anymore. Or Dempsey. Give me Gaston ramirez. We've too many in CM right now as it is. We need someone who can play in behind Suarez/Borini and we need another winger, but I'd like to see Sterling step into that role.

We've scored as many as Arsenal and Man ure have this season...
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:52 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:According to the Daily Mail Rafael Van Der Vaart is on the verge of returning to his former club Hamburger SV. Not sure about how Spurs fans will feel if he does leave, but it's gotta be a massive loss, right up there with Modric.

Despite the fact it's in the Daily Mail I could see this happening. Only if we are very confident of signing Wilian though, I would have thought. While I'm sure he'd be happy to stay I think van Der Vaart would love to go back to Hamburg. His wife works there so she'd surely be keen too. He's a classy player and I'd miss watching him, but if we can sign someone a bit quicker and younger to rotate with Sigurdsson I'd not lose too much sleep over it. It looks like Sigurdsson is 1st choice in his position now anyway and he doesn't seem the type to sit happily on the bench.

Unlike Modric, any deal here will only happen on Spurs' terms.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:18 am
    Gatehawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Just read an article linked on thisisanfield.com that says Liverpool officials met with Sahin's agent today. Read into that what you will. I honestly don't want him anymore. Or Dempsey. Give me Gaston ramirez. We've too many in CM right now as it is. We need someone who can play in behind Suarez/Borini and we need another winger, but I'd like to see Sterling step into that role.

We've scored as many as Arsenal and Man ure have this season...

Who was closer to scoring in their games? Arsenal should have scored 6 times in the Sunderland, and I've still yet to figure out what went wrong for Man U, I didn't really pay attention to the Liverpool match.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:23 am
  • This is kind of a stupid thought, but what about Kaka to Arsenal? I'm saying that cause in the past hour that has been popping up on my Facebook news feed and on twitter.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:38 am
  • Kaka's lost his quick first step and change of pace. Real Madrid are desperate to offload him. I can't really see Arsene being keen.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:42 am
  • Hawkspur wrote:Kaka's lost his quick first step and change of pace. Real Madrid are desperate to offload him. I can't really see Arsene being keen.

This. He's fallen out of favor and Real want him out. He could probably be gotten cheap, but I'm not sure how much is left in the tank.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:59 pm
  • Victor Moses to Chelsea.

Rodgers reckons Sahin to Liverpool within the next 24 hours.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:02 pm

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:04 pm
  • I didn't realise Sheffield Wednesday has a trampolining team.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:10 pm
  • It looks as though our shady chairman has plumbed new depths of shadiness. Ezekiel Fryers has joined Standard Liege on a free from Manchester United on a 2 year deal. However, Spurs have paid the registration for Liege and presumably thrown other compensation (Bentley?) their way, presumably in order to avoid paying the £6mil compensation to United as decreed by the tribunal (foreign clubs don't have to pay for signing youth players on a free). Sounds well dodgy, but see you in January "on loan" I guess, Mr Fryers.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:03 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information