Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 945 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:11 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
Sounds like Benitez on a 6 month deal until Guardiola. Dos cerveza por favor!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:13 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Hawkspur wrote:
Sounds like Benitez on a 6 month deal until Guardiola. Dos cerveza por favor!


Chelsea board should be ashamed, they've turned that club into a joke. Di Matteo should have been given more time, and if I were benitez, I wouldn't take a 6 month deal, but whatever.

I think Guardiola might get exposed at a team like Chelsea. in the Spanish league, he really had only one other team to worry about, and he had Messi. In England, there are no easy games, and everyone's out to get you. I don't think Pep would have the same success at Chelsea.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:05 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
I'm inclined to agree about Guardiola. The way I understand it the Spanish teams are all under instructions to play a similar style to each other with a focus on the Spanish pressing and passing. I wonder if Barcelona would have enjoyed the same success in the Premier League. Playing midfielders in defense doesn't seem like a tactic that would work in England, as Chelsea are finding out with Luiz.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:17 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Hawkspur wrote:
I'm inclined to agree about Guardiola. The way I understand it the Spanish teams are all under instructions to play a similar style to each other with a focus on the Spanish pressing and passing. I wonder if Barcelona would have enjoyed the same success in the Premier League. Playing midfielders in defense doesn't seem like a tactic that would work in England, as Chelsea are finding out with Luiz.


Yeah, pretty much. Not that I mind the Spanish football style, but I don't think it would work in England. Much faster and more physical game. Guardiola would be found out of his depth just like AVB was.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:53 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4198
peachesenregalia wrote:
Hawkspur wrote:
I'm inclined to agree about Guardiola. The way I understand it the Spanish teams are all under instructions to play a similar style to each other with a focus on the Spanish pressing and passing. I wonder if Barcelona would have enjoyed the same success in the Premier League. Playing midfielders in defense doesn't seem like a tactic that would work in England, as Chelsea are finding out with Luiz.


Yeah, pretty much. Not that I mind the Spanish football style, but I don't think it would work in England. Much faster and more physical game. Guardiola would be found out of his depth just like AVB was.


This is very poor business by Chelsea.... as you have both said the team is not set up for success (at the level they expect) and in reality no manager is going to mask the fortune that saw them take the Champs league last year (or conveesely change the misfortune that saw them drop points recently).

Chelsea are flawed, as are Arsenal, City, Spurs (Liverpool if I dare put them in that group) and they failures this season are about players (Torres and Sturridge are your striking options? Whol are your cms?) Than managers.

Rafa may be tapped up to steady the sinking ship, but major repairs are needed.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:38 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 405
Benitez to Chelsea? I feel gross. Either he patches a few holes in the ship and they become title contenders in the league and get blank checks for a few players or the repairs are too many and Roman continues to disgrace plastic FC.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Okay, so Chelsea apparently fired Di Matteo so they could accomplish their objectives. So the FA Cup and Champions League apparently weren't their objectives, they've won 3 EPL titles since Abromovich became owner. So that begs the question, what in God's name is their "objectives" then?!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:54 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 405
Gatehawk wrote:
Okay, so Chelsea apparently fired Di Matteo so they could accomplish their objectives. So the FA Cup and Champions League apparently weren't their objectives, they've won 3 EPL titles since Abromovich became owner. So that begs the question, what in God's name is their "objectives" then?!


Not get bounced in the group stages of the UCL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:21 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Well Mark Hughes has joined Di Matteo on the unemployment line and Harry Redknapp looks like the odds on favourite to take the vacancy.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:41 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Gatehawk wrote:
Well Mark Hughes has joined Di Matteo on the unemployment line and Harry Redknapp looks like the odds on favourite to take the vacancy.


Think we all saw this coming. Arry will do what he always does. Take the job, get the team playing well, plateau out then leave.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:24 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:27 am
Posts: 447
Location: Redding, CA
Gatehawk wrote:
Okay, so Chelsea apparently fired Di Matteo so they could accomplish their objectives. So the FA Cup and Champions League apparently weren't their objectives, they've won 3 EPL titles since Abromovich became owner. So that begs the question, what in God's name is their "objectives" then?!


DiMatteo did a great job of turning West Brom around. He laid the foundation in turning us into a perennial Premier League club, and not one that gets relegated every other year. He deserves another shot somewhere else.

_________________
Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:43 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
peachesenregalia wrote:
Think we all saw this coming. Arry will do what he always does. Take the job, get the team playing well, plateau out then leave.


Honestly the only surprising thing is that it Di Matteo was fired first. I feel Hughes' time was up a month ago, and it was a fools game to keep him around until now.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Please tell me this is a joke that Stuart Downing is linked with Arsenal.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4198
Gatehawk wrote:
Please tell me this is a joke that Stuart Downing is linked with Arsenal.


He's perfect for Arsenal... he doesn't score either

(On a side note, none of these "linked" reports are anything more than bs drummed up by media a.d club officials trying to persuade them to talk about thir team)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:23 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:
Please tell me this is a joke that Stuart Downing is linked with Arsenal.


He's perfect for Arsenal... he doesn't score either

(On a side note, none of these "linked" reports are anything more than bs drummed up by media a.d club officials trying to persuade them to talk about thir team)


A scoreless draw and suddenly people think Arsenal can't score again? Funny how you say that and Arsenal has scored more goals than over half the other teams in the Premier League. I'd rather not even hear links to players that are jokes like Downing.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Just heard the sickening news about West Ham fans mocking the Spurs fans who were stabbed in Rome this past week.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:44 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Daily Mail has reached a whole new level of stupidity. They now believe if a player isn't on his team's calender, they will be leaving their club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:40 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
COYS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:40 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 405
Hawkspur wrote:
COYS


Go eat a penis.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
Hawkspur wrote:
COYS


Go eat a penis.


I'll pass, thanks mate!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
Rafa wore a red tie. Fantastic stuff. And if he doesn't want to play Mata, can we have him?

Entertaining game at the Lane. Both sides had good and bad periods. All I can say is: it's great having Dembele back.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7855
FAO Liverpool fans on here - you have a young lad called Jordan Rossiter in your youth set up. Watched him playing for England U16 tonight. He'll be a good player one day.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:05 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 405
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
FAO Liverpool fans on here - you have a young lad called Jordan Rossiter in your youth set up. Watched him playing for England U16 tonight. He'll be a good player one day.


Hopefully. I don't think he he the answer to our Liverpool footballing prayers, but shouldn't Fabio Borini be a good deal down recovery road by now? I haven't heard anything from him since he broke his foot in late Sept early Oct.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:20 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7855
You shouldn't expect him to be the answer. He's playing for the England under-16 team. He's a long way off the first team.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4198
Good stuff English. I do like what liverpools doing on the academy level. Dalglish put emphasis on it and its paying off. Any other names?

Decent stuff by the reds today.. just enough. Bone headed hand ball by suarez and he's out for west ham.

Arsenal again struggle to put pieces together. Chelsea is a listless ship, soon to be scuttled.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
I'm absolutely loving what's happening at Chelsea. All other teams in the hunt for 3rd/4th had better get some points in the bank, though, because I can see the likes of Cavani and Falcao up front for them from January.

After a bleak spell Spurs are winning without being great. The main difference from last year is that our new look midfield is much tougher than it has been with Modric. Not necessarily better, but tougher, which suitable Villas-Boas' willingness to sit back and absorb pressure to hold a lead. Midfield cover is desperately needed, specifically for Dembele. Parker can cover Sandro once he's back but it killed us losing Dembele.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:35 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
I actually feared Swansea would steal this one, though I didn't expect it to happen the way it did with how the match unfolded. The Swans were a stubborn side last season and they did improve in the summer. The only good thing for me is that I have Michu on my EPL fantasy team but that doesn't make me really feel any better about the result of the match.

On a slightly related note, it seems Wenger is starting to consider stepping down after the season ends.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:27 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4198
For you Gate... pretty good assessment of Wenger, and moreso a very fine critique of his current squad. I fear for an EPL without Wenger, to be honest, as much as I despise Arsenal

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8712871/arsenal-arsene-wenger-decline


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:03 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 105
Finally decided to brave this section again after three wins in a week.

The league really is so poor this year though, we're not particularly good yet joint third.

Also lets all laugh at Arsenal


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:16 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
Storts wrote:
Also lets all laugh at Arsenal


It's not Arsenal's fault: they're tired.

Also, good to see 'Arry ban the Xmas party again. Worked well last time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4198
Hawkspur wrote:
Storts wrote:
Also lets all laugh at Arsenal


It's not Arsenal's fault: they're tired.

Also, good to see 'Arry ban the Xmas party again. Worked well last time.


not Arsenal's fault? I'd like to blame global warming, testicular cancer, the Egyptian political unrest and everytime the tooth fairy "forgets" to put money under my kids pillow on Arsenal

btw Spur... because I know you're there. Friend of mine is in London and trying to get tickets to Arsenal's Saturday game at the Emirates. Any ideas? he's been scammed once already (or nearly)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
Well, according to Wenger the Arsenal players are tired, hence the dip in form. Pretty embarrassing and pods poor excuse if you ask me.

As for Arsenal tickets - I'm not sure. I've only ever got tickets through the clubs. I have 2 friends with season tickets, but both are going and one has a wheelchair section ticket anyway. Spurs' ticket office has a ticket exchange where season ticket holders can sell their seats. Arsenal might have one on their website and after the last couple of games it might be a good time to have a look at that option. Otherwise stubhub would be worth a look. There are always loads of scalpers but I have no experience of dealing with them so don't know whether to recommend that option or not.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:10 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 105
And I should hope you've never had the misfortune of buying tickets for 'them'


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:29 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Arsenal got a somewhat deserved win today, though not quite the way they got it. I feel the Cazorla penalty is a big talking point, and while I do feel there was contact, after watching the replay like 50 times, I'm not quite sure if there was enough to take Santi down. The second penalty was clearer and a better called one. Podolski should have scored at the end, but I think his affinity for his left foot cost him as he had the entire right side of the goal wide open.

On a side note, who else is dumbfounded as to what's in Norwich's drinking water? Cause it's working.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4198
Gatehawk wrote:
Arsenal got a somewhat deserved win today, though not quite the way they got it. I feel the Cazorla penalty is a big talking point, and while I do feel there was contact, after watching the replay like 50 times, I'm not quite sure if there was enough to take Santi down. The second penalty was clearer and a better called one. Podolski should have scored at the end, but I think his affinity for his left foot cost him as he had the entire right side of the goal wide open.

On a side note, who else is dumbfounded as to what's in Norwich's drinking water? Cause it's working.

Bad penalty set up the rest of the match... not the wba looked like doing anything prior to it. Maybe norwich is piping wbas water....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
Bad penalty set up the rest of the match... not the wba looked like doing anything prior to it.


West Brom only had 1 shot on goal in the entire game and that came in the 86th minute, so that kinda shows who was playing better without having to look at the other stats.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4198
http://ballsdot.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/cazorladive.gif

But here's what your arsenal team resorted to take the game...

Disgraceful really. But arsenal players never dive. That's just Suarez.

Really, it could be argued the 2nd pen shouldn't have been awarded because of the foul that proceeded Oxs trip (which was a foul). And why not a pen on Mertesacker? Where exactly was the first foul?

WBA look like they're sinking fast... but not sure the Gunners were convincing at all. Still, three points right?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
http://ballsdot.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/cazorladive.gif

But here's what your arsenal team resorted to take the game...

Disgraceful really. But arsenal players never dive. That's just Suarez.

Really, it could be argued the 2nd pen shouldn't have been awarded because of the foul that proceeded Oxs trip (which was a foul). And why not a pen on Mertesacker? Where exactly was the first foul?

WBA look like they're sinking fast... but not sure the Gunners were convincing at all. Still, three points right?


Arsenal were more convincing than West Brom, lets just agree on that. As for the penalties, I'm lost as to where this Mertesacker penalty is that your claiming? Ox's penalty, the only thing I can think of is that Ox had the ball and the West Brom player never took control of it before Alex pushed him over, not sure if that's a legit reason. As for Santi's penalty, we can't really say that was the main difference maker of the game as West Brom was never looking like they were gonna make a difference and there was that second pk goal that put the game to bed. Cazorla supposedly went up to Wenger after the match and explained that he did feel contact and it threw him off balance. And like I said that there may have been contact but I'm not quite sure it was enough to warrant a penalty. We can't totally blame Cazorla, as the ref is just as much at fault, he did see it happen but cause of where how the players were, with Cazorla closer to the ref, it may have made the ref feel there was a clip. In the end it was a judgement call and the ref made it in Arsenal's favor. Having it happen one time doesn't make anyone a diver.

Also Suarez has brought that reputation on himself with bonehead maneuvers like these:
ImageImageImageImage
And let's not forget this memorable one from this season:
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4198
Mertesacker handled the ball in the box...

And so Carzola dived but its the refs fault?

Jesus christ Gate... you truly are something
Muppet (as peaches would say)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:29 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
DIRTY JAMMIE DISGUSTING UNITED BASTARDS!!!!!

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:56 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
What a nightmare. 1-0 up at 90 minutes - lose 2-1. Our depth is non-existent. Everton were better all game to be fair. Spurs decent in the build up but very conservative once we got the ball near their area. Must be more aggressive.

Rubbish.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:02 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4198
What a win for the Reds.. so needed. Great Sunday for the EPL in honesty.

Hawkspur... i know its a hard one, but is AVB the man for that job?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:07 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Fantastic match, the Liverpool one. They were dead in the water, then that Joe cCole strike brought them to life. Could have had 4 or 5, to be honest. Clear-cut penalty not called against Shelvey. How many is that for us this season? Unreal. Anyway, massive win for the Reds, and could be a turning point in the season for them. The race for 4th is as clear as mud, look at what Arsenal were able to do last season.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:13 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
Uncle Si wrote:
What a win for the Reds.. so needed. Great Sunday for the EPL in honesty.

Hawkspur... i know its a hard one, but is AVB the man for that job?


Jury's still out for me but I'm not a fan of sitting deep to protect a lead and the cautiousness around the Everton box today was infuriating. We get in positions to get shots at goal but seem to be doing an Arsenal and trying to pass the ball into the net.

I wasn't a fan of the appointment initially but have given him the benefit of the doubt until now. If we remain this cautious then no, he is not the right man for the job. I still like the bloke who was managing the winning side today, although I suspect his wage packet might be too much for Levy's sensibilities.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:21 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4198
peachesenregalia wrote:
Fantastic match, the Liverpool one. They were dead in the water, then that Joe cCole strike brought them to life. Could have had 4 or 5, to be honest. Clear-cut penalty not called against Shelvey. How many is that for us this season? Unreal. Anyway, massive win for the Reds, and could be a turning point in the season for them. The race for 4th is as clear as mud, look at what Arsenal were able to do last season.



Only 4 points from 4th... and what do we have to do to win a pen? its astonishing.. and I hated the pen call on Joe Allen. I understood it, just hate that type of call.

Anyways, great performance from the boys this evening. and the build up play and Joe Cole's run and finish was sublime.

Huntelaar, Walcott, Diame and an wing back in January


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:43 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Fantastic match, the Liverpool one. They were dead in the water, then that Joe cCole strike brought them to life. Could have had 4 or 5, to be honest. Clear-cut penalty not called against Shelvey. How many is that for us this season? Unreal. Anyway, massive win for the Reds, and could be a turning point in the season for them. The race for 4th is as clear as mud, look at what Arsenal were able to do last season.



Only 4 points from 4th... and what do we have to do to win a pen? its astonishing.. and I hated the pen call on Joe Allen. I understood it, just hate that type of call.

Anyways, great performance from the boys this evening. and the build up play and Joe Cole's run and finish was sublime.

Huntelaar, Walcott, Diame and an wing back in January


No to Walcott. I'd sooner have Demba Ba, apparently we're linked with him, and there's a 7.5 mil buyout clause for him.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
Huntelaar, Walcott, Diame and an wing back in January


Diame's apparently out for 3 months and Arsenal apparently will block every move for Walcott in January and risk losing him in the summer for nothing. As for Huntelaar, Arsenal are the big favorites to sign him, with French newspaper L'Equipe reporting that a deal has already been completed, and even if that's true, I doubt Huntelaar would ditch a club in the Champions League, and essentially demote himself, for a Europa League side. If Liverpool were to get any of those guys it'd be big for them but each have massive hurdles to leap over.

No thanks to Spurs, Arsenal fall back behind Everton while Liverpool keeps West Ham from doing the same. I think we all need to agree that this has gotta be the most competitive the EPL has ever been, seeing as we're in December and the difference between 4th place and 12th place being only 4 points.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4198
Gatehawk wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
Huntelaar, Walcott, Diame and an wing back in January


Diame's apparently out for 3 months and Arsenal apparently will block every move for Walcott in January and risk losing him in the summer for nothing. As for Huntelaar, Arsenal are the big favorites to sign him, with French newspaper L'Equipe reporting that a deal has already been completed, and even if that's true, I doubt Huntelaar would ditch a club in the Champions League, and essentially demote himself, for a Europa League side. If Liverpool were to get any of those guys it'd be big for them but each have massive hurdles to leap over.

No thanks to Spurs, Arsenal fall back behind Everton while Liverpool keeps West Ham from doing the same. I think we all need to agree that this has gotta be the most competitive the EPL has ever been, seeing as we're in December and the difference between 4th place and 12th place being only 4 points.


Real bummer about Diame as well. He was controlling the Liverpool game and having a real nice year.

You continually overestimate the allure of Champions League over tradition... or let's just say global popularity. And Im not worried about any speculation surrounding players at this time. You call it a "demotion" to play for the most storied club in the EPL, maybe in Europe. Sad you havent figured it out yet. Ofcourse this is versus choosing a club like Arsenal who you have said yourself may be moving on from Arsene, so why would he go there? for maybe 3-4 more games? Sure.

As for the rest, 4 points separate 4th from 12th...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:58 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 405
Great match today. Most fun i've have down at the pub in quite some time. Made it even better when the loudmouth Tottenham fan got really excited and kept asking the Liverpool contingent what place on the table we were.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
You continually overestimate the allure of Champions League over tradition... or let's just say global popularity. And Im not worried about any speculation surrounding players at this time. You call it a "demotion" to play for the most storied club in the EPL, maybe in Europe. Sad you havent figured it out yet. Ofcourse this is versus choosing a club like Arsenal who you have said yourself may be moving on from Arsene, so why would he go there? for maybe 3-4 more games? Sure.

As for the rest, 4 points separate 4th from 12th...


I've never said anything about this being a Champions League over Europa League be all end all decider. What I said was Schalke is in the Champions League Last 16, Liverpool is in the Europa League Last 32. He's probably more likely to stay at Schalke till the end of the season than transfer to Liverpool in January. The real thing I'm thinking is, all the reports are linking Huntelaar to Arsenal, I don't even recall ever seeing anything linking him to Liverpool so I find it hard to believe he could be going there.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 945 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.