EPL 2012-2013

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: EPL 2012-2013
Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:21 pm
  • Sir Alex Ferguson has fallen in a well
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5588
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:13 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Sir Alex Ferguson has fallen in a well


    And not a single f*** was given that day...


    Seriously though, bacon-face might have just said the stupidest thing he's ever said with the "RVP could have been killed" thing. What a hypocritical muppet.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:07 am
  • And what's his reactions to all of Man U's "attempted murders"? Absolutely nothing.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1856
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:13 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:And what's his reactions to all of Man U's "attempted murders"? Absolutely nothing.


    CORRECT. Finally we agree, Gate. Roy Keane used to be one of the dirtiest bastards on the pitch. Did Fergie ever say anything? Did he shite....
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:10 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:And what's his reactions to all of Man U's "attempted murders"? Absolutely nothing.


    CORRECT. Finally we agree, Gate. Roy Keane used to be one of the dirtiest bastards on the pitch. Did Fergie ever say anything? Did he shite....


    Its a Christmas miracle! !

    And yeah.... Fergie has lost the plot.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5588
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:46 am
  • Fergie's descent into madness continues as he has been berating the referee, the 4th official and an assistant referee over the 2nd Newcastle goal.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1856
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:13 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:Fergie's descent into madness continues as he has been berating the referee, the 4th official and an assistant referee over the 2nd Newcastle goal.


    I hate him more than any other figure in sports. I don't think there's ever been a bigger hypocrite than him. Disgusting.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:14 am
  • Yeah, he's a giant ass. Of course the FA has no balls so they won't do anything about him.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 7021
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:47 pm
  • The FA would never do anything to harm their precious Manchester United, they would rather screw over the other clubs just for the fun of it.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1856
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:54 pm
  • Re: Liverpool season - I love roller coasters.....wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 435
    Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:08 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Sir Alex Ferguson has fallen in a well


    And not a single f*** was given that day...


    Seriously though, bacon-face might have just said the stupidest thing he's ever said with the "RVP could have been killed" thing. What a hypocritical muppet.



    Yeah, it is quite obvious RVP was coming along quite nicely after the ball hit his head. :D

    Image
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 100
    Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:40 am
    Location: Chandler, AZ


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:22 am
  • Oh what a freaking surprise, Fergie's not gonna be reprimanded for that temper tantrum he threw on the sidelines yesterday.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1856
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:45 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:Oh what a freaking surprise, Fergie's not gonna be reprimanded for that temper tantrum he threw on the sidelines yesterday.


    Of course not. And united fans wonder why they're hated.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:14 pm
  • 35 goals scored today, according to Fox Soccer it's the most goals scored in a single day in EPL history. 23 of the goals were scored by Arsenal, City, Newcastle, Stoke, Southampton and Norwich.

    I watched probably 50 minutes of the Man U-West Brom match and the Red Devils looked like they were lucky to get 3 points as their 2nd came when Foster was unbeatable and West Brom were the more likely to score in the second half.

    Arsenal and Newcastle can be described with two simple coments, for 70 minutes neither team played defense, the last 20 minutes only Arsenal played defense. Walcott scored a hat trick in his 3rd game at the front and Giroud came off the bench to bag a brace and the crossbar denied him of his first Arsenal hat trick. potential-Arsenal signing Demba Ba had his own brace, his first taking an extremely fortunate deflection off of Wilshere's head, thank god he didn't die, and Marveaux scored his first EPL goal. The other Arsenal scorers were The Ox and Podolski, who's goal came when it seemed like the ball hung on the crossbar waiting for him.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1856
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:11 pm
  • Walcotts third (which is eloquently displayedin Gates post) was a pure class. Love the kid, wish Liverpool would press for him while hes unsettled (or unsigned atleast)

    Watched the last 25 of the Arsenal game... I mean it was beautiful to watch the ball fly in the net so often, but Newcastle should be ashamed.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5588
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:43 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Walcotts third (which is eloquently displayedin Gates post) was a pure class. Love the kid, wish Liverpool would press for him while hes unsettled (or unsigned atleast)

    Watched the last 25 of the Arsenal game... I mean it was beautiful to watch the ball fly in the net so often, but Newcastle should be ashamed.


    I completely forgot to mention about how he scored his 3rd goal when I typed that. Also you probably shouldn't be saying he's unsettled cause there's absolutely nothing to suggest that he is, unless there's something behind the scenes nobody's seeing. If not for Cameron Jerome's strike that could easily have been Goal of the Week. It actually reminded me of his goal against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last year.

    And Newcastle should be incredibly embarrassed, it's completely pointless to make an excuse like how Arsenal didn't play on Boxing Day so they were more rested. It was inexcusable how they defended, Demba Ba and Marveaux played really good and the defense ruined it for them.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1856
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:25 pm
  • Gate, only you could ruin someone on this board complimenting your team. Christ on a bike (peaches!)

    In regards to walcott, I don't know, f---ing google it ffs...
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5588
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:56 am
  • The Reds kick a bad team while they're down, finally. Hope to see more of that. With some tough games coming up we need to get points when they're available.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 435
    Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:31 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Gate, only you could ruin someone on this board complimenting your team. Christ on a bike (peaches!)

    In regards to walcott, I don't know, f---ing google it ffs...


    How the fuck did I ruin it? Damn dude you are strict if you think I did.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1856
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:30 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Gate, only you could ruin someone on this board complimenting your team. Christ on a bike (peaches!)

    In regards to walcott, I don't know, f---ing google it ffs...


    How the fuck did I ruin it? Damn dude you are strict if you think I did.


    Just take the compliment and move on, stop trying to dispute rumors or talk your team up more than necessary. ffs....
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:58 am
  • I took the compliment, Si apparently thinks I ruined it.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1856
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:28 am
  • Kind of a lucky point for Arsenal, Southampton is certainly not the same team that got kicked around like ragdolls back in September. Both teams had goals disallowed and the Saints gave Arsenal headaches in defense and threatened to take all 3 multiple times in the last 5-10 minutes. Should have done better in the midfield and it was difficult to get the ball back from them especially in the final 3rd. Should be a confidence boost for Southampton and a tough hit to Arsenal, who need to stop this roller coaster form.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1856
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:03 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:Kind of a lucky point for Arsenal, Southampton is certainly not the same team that got kicked around like ragdolls back in September. Both teams had goals disallowed and the Saints gave Arsenal headaches in defense and threatened to take all 3 multiple times in the last 5-10 minutes. Should have done better in the midfield and it was difficult to get the ball back from them especially in the final 3rd. Should be a confidence boost for Southampton and a tough hit to Arsenal, who need to stop this roller coaster form.


    Roller coaster form seems to be the theme for a lot of teams in the PL this season, Gate.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:22 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Roller coaster form seems to be the theme for a lot of teams in the PL this season, Gate.


    For Arsenal it's a bit of a different kind of Roller Coaster form. most teams are roller coaster in their results, whereas Arsenal just seem to show up as a different team for every single game and appear to win, lose or draw in the most random and baffling of ways.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1856
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:27 pm
  • Talksport is reporting that Arsenal's interest of Wilfried Zaha has cooled admist a breakthrough in negotiations with Theo Walcott and that Walcott is set to sign a new deal.

    http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... use-theo-w
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1856
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:38 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:Talksport is reporting that Arsenal's interest of Wilfried Zaha has cooled admist a breakthrough in negotiations with Theo Walcott and that Walcott is set to sign a new deal.

    http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... use-theo-w



    Its really strange. I would be surprised if Arsenal meet the wage demands for Walcott but wouldn't for RvP.

    But here Wenger is now placating Walcotts positional demands despite its impact on the rest of the line up (not going to argue this with you Gate, Walcott at central striker on Arsenal is not an efficient use of the entire squad, as evident today). But Wenger continues to appease Walcott and may get him resigned. Stange situation all together
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5588
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:39 pm
  • Far too much Arsenal on this thread
    Storts
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 126
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:50 pm
  • Storts wrote:Far too much Arsenal on this thread

    True and point taken.

    Spurs are playing well... might be in for Holtby which would bum me as a Liverpool fan. Id like him in with us despite being an Everton fan.

    United and City look to be alone in the battle for the top. Chelsea and Spurs for the top 4.

    Big night for Liverpool tomorrow .... they all are at this point
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5588
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:09 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Storts wrote:Far too much Arsenal on this thread

    True and point taken.

    Spurs are playing well... might be in for Holtby which would bum me as a Liverpool fan. Id like him in with us despite being an Everton fan.

    United and City look to be alone in the battle for the top. Chelsea and Spurs for the top 4.

    Big night for Liverpool tomorrow .... they all are at this point


    We are doing what's necessary at the moment yeah, we just have to take it a game at a time and see what happens.

    Think it's Uniteds title to lose, could even see City slipping back into the pack a bit. Don't rule Arsenal out either, still expect us to finish below them unfortunately.

    Yeah Liverpool need some consistency, a few wins on the trot and who knows, the problem is you seem to get a few nice victories the ruin it with results like Villa and Stoke
    Storts
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 126
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:30 pm
  • Storts wrote:Far too much Arsenal on this thread


    Blame the other people for not posting in here as often as I do
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1856
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:02 pm
  • Liverpool don't have the squad to see off matches like the Villa one yet. The stoke game is another matter. We honesrly need three starters in. Sturridge will be one, borinis return will help. But we can't rely on sterling to shoulder the wing all season. but a true cam, left back and winger are in need. Hoped walcott would fit that role, push sturridge out wide, borini to cf and suarez underneath. Unlikely though.

    Would like Holtby.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5588
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:56 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Liverpool don't have the squad to see off matches like the Villa one yet. The stoke game is another matter. We honesrly need three starters in. Sturridge will be one, borinis return will help. But we can't rely on sterling to shoulder the wing all season. but a true cam, left back and winger are in need. Hoped walcott would fit that role, push sturridge out wide, borini to cf and suarez underneath. Unlikely though.

    Would like Holtby.


    If the Talksport rumor about Walcott does have any weight then it's highly unlikely, I agree with you there. I do think Holtby would be a great signing for anyone, weather or not he puts aside his love of Everton to play for their rivals is a whole other matter.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1856
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:17 pm
  • I have, for my sins, listened to a fair amount of Talksport over the last few years. They are good at breaking news but pretty poor at speculating about transfers and deals. I'm not saying that about Walcott getting re-upped at Arsenal necessarily, but , like The Sun and Daily Mail, I wouldn't go placing bets based on their 'sources'.

    I haven't managed to the see any football (asides from the Seahawks and a few other NFL games) in the past few weeks but am obviously pleased with Spurs' results. Bring on a mid and a striker in January, be it Moutinho, Erikson, Holtby, Wilian, Leandro.... we need more depth if we're going to keep it up.
    Last edited by Hawkspur on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1296
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:40 pm
  • Chelsea have triggered Demba Ba's release clause and they are discussing potential terms. Newcastle fans will be gutted.
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1296
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:49 pm
  • Hawkspur wrote:Chelsea have triggered Demba Ba's release clause and they are discussing potential terms. Newcastle fans will be gutted.


    Bastards. Liverpool are stupid for not doing this.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:13 pm
  • How do you not love Luis Suarez? Best footballer in the PL by a mile right now.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:25 pm
  • While he may possibly be the most talented player in the league he definitely has the most punchable face.
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1296
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:29 pm
  • Hawkspur wrote:While he may possibly be the most talented player in the league he definitely has the most punchable face.


    I dunno....You don't think Wayne Rooney could get a dig in the chops?
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:39 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Hawkspur wrote:While he may possibly be the most talented player in the league he definitely has the most punchable face.


    I dunno....You don't think Wayne Rooney could get a dig in the chops?


    It's tough to separate them, I admit. Wayne certainly sports a look that invites a slap upside his head.
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1296
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:43 pm
  • Hawkspur wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    Hawkspur wrote:While he may possibly be the most talented player in the league he definitely has the most punchable face.


    I dunno....You don't think Wayne Rooney could get a dig in the chops?


    It's tough to separate them, I admit. Wayne certainly sports a look that invites a slap upside his head.


    Suarez does have an annoying face though, I'll give you that. If he played for Man Ure or Everton, I'd likely want to kill him dead. As it stands, he plays for Liverpool and I love him.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:44 pm
  • Speaking of people deserving of physical punishment - suck it Chelsea! Arry will be dining out on this result for weeks. Good job the Queen's park rangers.
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1296
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:52 pm
  • Hawkspur wrote:Speaking of people deserving of physical punishment - suck it Chelsea! Arry will be dining out on this result for weeks. Good job the Queen's park rangers.


    My facebook post was as ironic as it was sublime:

    'Benitez out!"
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:22 pm
  • Hawkspur wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    Hawkspur wrote:While he may possibly be the most talented player in the league he definitely has the most punchable face.


    I dunno....You don't think Wayne Rooney could get a dig in the chops?


    It's tough to separate them, I admit. Wayne certainly sports a look that invites a slap upside his head.


    Gareth Bale for me...

    great result for Liverpool this evening. well played, and Suarez once again dominant. Hitting a nice stretch of form now (just in time for United). taken with Chelsea a great night, could have been better if Everton had dropped points.

    peaches, not broken up about Ba. seems a risk for a team in our position. Chelsea can afford the dump if he gets hurt.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5588
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:03 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Gareth Bale for me...



    The Monkey God?! With his love heart goal celebration? And his 9.3 dives? What's not to love?
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1296
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 pm
  • What kind of player is Tom Ince?
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 435
    Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:45 pm
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:What kind of player is Tom Ince?


    Was an interesting young prospect and seems to have some ability, but I personally don't rate him as more than a squad player.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:56 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:How do you not love Luis Suarez? Best footballer in the PL by a mile right now.


    It's hard to disagree, but his reputation is what keeps people from agreeing to the fullest
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1856
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:13 am
  • Suarez has elevated himself to the most dangerous player in the PL and top 4-5 players in the world. "Reputation" is subjective and watching the media start supporting him and recognizing his brilliance, fortitude and strength has been a pleasant reprieve. He starts diving again and its back to 3 months ago. But for now he deserves the credit for overcoming the pressures (and most PL defenses)
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5588
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:23 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    InSuarezWeTrust wrote:What kind of player is Tom Ince?


    Was an interesting young prospect and seems to have some ability, but I personally don't rate him as more than a squad player.


    Ince is a young pacey winger, much in the same mold as Sterling (not as technical) and Assaidi (not as fast). Has a good scoring record with Blackpool. He's a nice squad player. with the addition of Sturridge (which I'm excited about) the resurgence of Downing and the soon returning Borini we have nice depth at the position. Adding Ince let's us give Sterling more breaks and allows us to play Suso in the midfield, where he belongs. Be a good move, and we get 35% off the transfer fee so any proposed fee will be that much less if agreed.

    Losing Cole reduces the wage bill considerably for the summer. I think Rodgers is satisfied with the squad adding sturridge and ince. Look for a couple bigger buys this summer, or maybe pre contract for Holtby?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5588
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests