EPL 2012-2013

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:43 pm
  • Hawkspur wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    Hawkspur wrote:While he may possibly be the most talented player in the league he definitely has the most punchable face.


    I dunno....You don't think Wayne Rooney could get a dig in the chops?


    It's tough to separate them, I admit. Wayne certainly sports a look that invites a slap upside his head.


    Suarez does have an annoying face though, I'll give you that. If he played for Man Ure or Everton, I'd likely want to kill him dead. As it stands, he plays for Liverpool and I love him.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11158
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:44 pm
  • Speaking of people deserving of physical punishment - suck it Chelsea! Arry will be dining out on this result for weeks. Good job the Queen's park rangers.
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:52 pm
  • Hawkspur wrote:Speaking of people deserving of physical punishment - suck it Chelsea! Arry will be dining out on this result for weeks. Good job the Queen's park rangers.


    My facebook post was as ironic as it was sublime:

    'Benitez out!"
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11158
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:22 pm
  • Hawkspur wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    Hawkspur wrote:While he may possibly be the most talented player in the league he definitely has the most punchable face.


    I dunno....You don't think Wayne Rooney could get a dig in the chops?


    It's tough to separate them, I admit. Wayne certainly sports a look that invites a slap upside his head.


    Gareth Bale for me...

    great result for Liverpool this evening. well played, and Suarez once again dominant. Hitting a nice stretch of form now (just in time for United). taken with Chelsea a great night, could have been better if Everton had dropped points.

    peaches, not broken up about Ba. seems a risk for a team in our position. Chelsea can afford the dump if he gets hurt.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5325
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:03 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Gareth Bale for me...



    The Monkey God?! With his love heart goal celebration? And his 9.3 dives? What's not to love?
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 pm
  • What kind of player is Tom Ince?
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 434
    Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:45 pm
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:What kind of player is Tom Ince?


    Was an interesting young prospect and seems to have some ability, but I personally don't rate him as more than a squad player.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11158
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:56 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:How do you not love Luis Suarez? Best footballer in the PL by a mile right now.


    It's hard to disagree, but his reputation is what keeps people from agreeing to the fullest
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1846
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:13 am
  • Suarez has elevated himself to the most dangerous player in the PL and top 4-5 players in the world. "Reputation" is subjective and watching the media start supporting him and recognizing his brilliance, fortitude and strength has been a pleasant reprieve. He starts diving again and its back to 3 months ago. But for now he deserves the credit for overcoming the pressures (and most PL defenses)
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5325
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:23 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    InSuarezWeTrust wrote:What kind of player is Tom Ince?


    Was an interesting young prospect and seems to have some ability, but I personally don't rate him as more than a squad player.


    Ince is a young pacey winger, much in the same mold as Sterling (not as technical) and Assaidi (not as fast). Has a good scoring record with Blackpool. He's a nice squad player. with the addition of Sturridge (which I'm excited about) the resurgence of Downing and the soon returning Borini we have nice depth at the position. Adding Ince let's us give Sterling more breaks and allows us to play Suso in the midfield, where he belongs. Be a good move, and we get 35% off the transfer fee so any proposed fee will be that much less if agreed.

    Losing Cole reduces the wage bill considerably for the summer. I think Rodgers is satisfied with the squad adding sturridge and ince. Look for a couple bigger buys this summer, or maybe pre contract for Holtby?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5325
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:35 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Suarez has elevated himself to the most dangerous player in the PL and top 4-5 players in the world. "Reputation" is subjective and watching the media start supporting him and recognizing his brilliance, fortitude and strength has been a pleasant reprieve. He starts diving again and its back to 3 months ago. But for now he deserves the credit for overcoming the pressures (and most PL defenses)


    Suarez is probably the main reason Liverpool isn't in the Relegation battle, he deserves a ton of credit and admiration. But like you side he dives one time and it goes to hell for him. Like Bale, his talent would be recognize a lot more if he didn't dive as much as he has.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1846
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:10 pm
  • Here's the latest installment from everybody's favourite, Alex Ferguson, talking about Fryers' move to Spurs:

    "We knew immediately and suspected that he would return to Tottenham in January and that's happened. It's a [Spurs chairman] Daniel Levy deal. You know, it's his fingerprints all over it. It's the kind of thing we expected he was going to do."

    And just to blow all Spurs fans minds Levy has signed 2 players in the first week of a window! Although Holtby won't be joining til summer, he's coming for free. Good job. Striker next please.
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:31 pm
  • Hawkspur wrote:Here's the latest installment from everybody's favourite, Alex Ferguson, talking about Fryers' move to Spurs:

    "We knew immediately and suspected that he would return to Tottenham in January and that's happened. It's a [Spurs chairman] Daniel Levy deal. You know, it's his fingerprints all over it. It's the kind of thing we expected he was going to do."

    And just to blow all Spurs fans minds Levy has signed 2 players in the first week of a window! Although Holtby won't be joining til summer, he's coming for free. Good job. Striker next please.


    Holtby is a nice player. Wanted him at Liverpool. But 90k a week? That's a lot. Bale has to be on the move to Real no? I mean where does he git into that midfield with Bale? Poor Siggurdsen.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5325
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:45 pm
  • I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bale off to Madrid in the summer. I'm pretty sure the remuneration would be too enticing for Levy to turn down. Imagine having to defend against Bale and Ronaldo. Nightmare.

    90K is a lot. Are you sure about that? Spurs have never paid anyone close to that much. Bale's on 75.
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:47 pm
  • Although I guess if it's a free transfer he may well get a signing on bonus to make his wage average that over 3 or 4 years.
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:23 pm
  • All I heard for the last month was how Arsenal was planning to be real busy during the January Transfer Window. 4 days in and it seems like half of the players Arsenal were linked with have either moved to other clubs or signed new contracts with their clubs. Wenger and the board better get off their ass and do something positive.

    David Villa is supposedly pushing to get a move to Arsenal. I'm a bit skeptical about this but numerous outlets have been talking about this link and each one seems to point to both Arsenal and Villa wanting this to happen.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1846
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:28 am
  • Well what should have been 4 or 5-0 early turns into a clown show for Liverpool, rescued only by Suarez dubious goal. Feel bad for Mansfield. Ref should have supported them there. Don't think even suarez thought it would count. Either way, nice debut for sturridge. Easy to see what he brings. Should have bagged three early and one late, but rusty. I like him though.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5325
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:23 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Well what should have been 4 or 5-0 early turns into a clown show for Liverpool, rescued only by Suarez dubious goal. Feel bad for Mansfield. Ref should have supported them there. Don't think even suarez thought it would count. Either way, nice debut for sturridge. Easy to see what he brings. Should have bagged three early and one late, but rusty. I like him though.


    Agreed. All that matters to me is that we live to fight another day. On to Oldham in round 4!
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 434
    Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:03 pm
  • I shouldn't be that surprised that we didn't beat Swansea, seeing as in the last 4 meetings, Arsenal's only victory was off of a dumb goalkeeping decision and lucky goal. Still doesn't excuse the fact that Arsenal coughed up the lead that they fought their ass off to get with 3 minutes remaining. They've seriously gotta close down players on set pieces faster if they're gonna keep doing that zonal marking cause Graham was given a century of time and space to use, and at this point we gotta start thinking that anytime Michu gets in the box with the ball, it's gonna be in the goal not long after. As for Arsenal's goals, both were extremely well done, with Gibbs' being the best one of the match.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1846
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:05 pm
  • This is for ISWT cause I'm interested to know. Exactly how proud are you, in knowing that the only reason that Liverpool don't have a replay with Mansfield is cause a ref totally missed a deliberate handball?
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1846
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:20 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:This is for ISWT cause I'm interested to know. Exactly how proud are you, in knowing that the only reason that Liverpool don't have a replay with Mansfield is cause a ref totally missed a deliberate handball?

    "
    Hows your Carling (Capital One) campaign going?

    Oh wait....
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5325
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:18 pm
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Well what should have been 4 or 5-0 early turns into a clown show for Liverpool, rescued only by Suarez dubious goal. Feel bad for Mansfield. Ref should have supported them there. Don't think even suarez thought it would count. Either way, nice debut for sturridge. Easy to see what he brings. Should have bagged three early and one late, but rusty. I like him though.


    Agreed. All that matters to me is that we live to fight another day. On to Oldham in round 4!


    Definately no apologies... we made 8 changes to the team that beat Sunderland, our starting striker hadnt played proper football in 2 months and we started three teenagers not named "Sterling"...

    The Cup is a pitfall (see Newcastle) so despite the inglorious goal, Im happy to progress while United have a replay with West Ham to cope with in succession to our match. its not pretty, but done.

    Again though, i must say, really impressed with Mansfield. Played the second half with determination, and despite a poor miss by the ref, moved on. Their manager showed a ton of class in the post match interview, congratulating Liverpool and Suarez, and despite the tapping up of the announcers admitted that Suarez was world class and "England is lucky to have him"... ive been on the wrong side of poor officiating, and with far less on the line, and have a hard time turning it. Very impressed.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5325
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:23 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:This is for ISWT cause I'm interested to know. Exactly how proud are you, in knowing that the only reason that Liverpool don't have a replay with Mansfield is cause a ref totally missed a deliberate handball?

    "
    Hows your Carling (Capital One) campaign going?

    Oh wait....


    Are you ISWT? Last I checked you aren't. And oh yeah, yours went so much better than Arsenal's.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1846
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:29 am
  • Gate, these things happen. Maradonna's most famous goal came in the World cup off a deliberate handball. Was it Sunderland against us where the ball went in off a beach ball that was thrown onto the pitch and was allowed to stand? I'm sure Arsenal have benefitted from their fair share of controversial or dubious goals.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11158
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:34 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:This is for ISWT cause I'm interested to know. Exactly how proud are you, in knowing that the only reason that Liverpool don't have a replay with Mansfield is cause a ref totally missed a deliberate handball?

    "
    Hows your Carling (Capital One) campaign going?

    Oh wait....


    Are you ISWT? Last I checked you aren't. And oh yeah, yours went so much better than Arsenal's.


    PM him them...

    Who did you lose to again?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5325
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:27 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:This is for ISWT cause I'm interested to know. Exactly how proud are you, in knowing that the only reason that Liverpool don't have a replay with Mansfield is cause a ref totally missed a deliberate handball?


    Proud? Not really. Happy that we get to keep playing in the FA cup? Definitely.

    You know every team gets screwed eventually, so you might as well celebrate when it benefits you because it won't be long until you're on the other end. It isn't footballers jobs to call fouls on themselves.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 434
    Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:47 am
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:This is for ISWT cause I'm interested to know. Exactly how proud are you, in knowing that the only reason that Liverpool don't have a replay with Mansfield is cause a ref totally missed a deliberate handball?


    Proud? Not really. Happy that we get to keep playing in the FA cup? Definitely.

    You know every team gets screwed eventually, so you might as well celebrate when it benefits you because it won't be long until you're on the other end. It isn't footballers jobs to call fouls on themselves.



    Dont even bite... noone should question Suarez on this. the fact that others do shows a sense of the inherent racism that permeates the FA, or an unrealized sense of hypocrisy.

    Now, i feel Gate's real question is more in regards to the poor second half performance and getting bailed out by the referee. In that, it was a slop fest last 45 and we were very fortunate. Brad Jones showed himself a PL level keeper, but others really struggled. The back 4 looked poor. Carragher is a coach not a 90 minute Cback. Coates needs more minutes. Great to see Jack Robinson again, and he truly understands how to join the attack. But another player who needs more minutes.

    Im excited to see Sturridge and Suarez together. Was hoping BR would have let them run for atleast 10 minutes together
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5325
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:34 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:PM him them...

    Who did you lose to again?


    I've moved on from that, what's the point in moving forward when you dwell in the past? You guys seem to want me to dwell in something that can't be changed, but it ain't happening. Besides Bradford does deserve to be where they are at, especially with the fact that they didn't back down from a near impossible challenge that they had, and Liverpool came 2 handballs short of being even more embarrassed.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1846
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:56 pm
  • Theo Walcott is now expected to resign with Arsenal on a 5 year, £90,000 a week deal. Numerous outlets are reporting this, from The Sun, Daily Mail, Mirror, The Guardian, Goal.com to name a couple.

    And it also appears that Wesley Sneijder will be turning down the opportunity to play in the EPL and sign with Galatasaray instead.

    Aston Villa has joined Wigan and Arsenal as EPL sides to lose to League 2 club Bradford City, the 3-1 result means the Villains have a tough hill to climb if they want to make the Capital One Cup finals when they host The Bantams in the second semifinal leg later this month.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1846
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:52 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:Theo Walcott is now expected to resign with Arsenal on a 5 year, £90,000 a week deal. Numerous outlets are reporting this, from The Sun, Daily Mail, Mirror, The Guardian, Goal.com to name a couple.

    And it also appears that Wesley Sneijder will be turning down the opportunity to play in the EPL and sign with Galatasaray instead.

    Aston Villa has joined Wigan and Arsenal as EPL sides to lose to League 2 club Bradford City, the 3-1 result means the Villains have a tough hill to climb if they want to make the Capital One Cup finals when they host The Bantams in the second semifinal leg later this month.


    90K for Walcott? but they couldnt keep Fabregas, Nasri or RvP? ... i like Walcott, would have him on Liverpool. but if Im an Arsenal fan Im still scratching my head as to why they felt obligated to meeting Walcott's demands, but were more than happy to see off better players (Nasri being questionable). Weve opined rather poetically the choices of players to seek trophies over cash, but tbf Fabregas and RvP would still be in North London if Arsenal paid them what they wanted. Oh well, better to have him on squad than not.

    Speaking of, interesting articles up on ESPN regarding Ferguson's loss of his futures of late, and Wenger's string of players out on loan and still on the books.

    Peaches, ISWT.... Next Gen Liverpool beat up on holders Inter yesterday. Apparently outstanding performances from McLaughlin (heir apparent to Glen Johnson), Ibe (another Sterling), and Yesil (very much a Sturridge type player). Strong games from 16 and 17 year olds like Sinclair, California product Pelosi and debutante Rossiter (Fowler tweeted him the "next Gerrard"). Adorjan struggled a bit, and Conor Coady was his usual self (all according to LFCtv... i didnt watch).

    Always interesting to hear our Academy progress (recently hailed as second best in the world to Barcelona's). Love that about our club.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5325
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:09 am
  • Heard about the nextgen game. Apparently Yesil was a beast. Ibe was very highly rated, and it was considered quite a coup for us to get him ahead of United, Spurs and Arsenal at the time. Future does look bright, HOWEVER, similar things were said about Adjarevic, Nemeth and Pacheco, and they didn't exactly pan out, so you never know.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11158
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:43 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:90K for Walcott? but they couldnt keep Fabregas, Nasri or RvP? ... i like Walcott, would have him on Liverpool. but if Im an Arsenal fan Im still scratching my head as to why they felt obligated to meeting Walcott's demands, but were more than happy to see off better players (Nasri being questionable). We've opined rather poetically the choices of players to seek trophies over cash, but tbf Fabregas and RvP would still be in North London if Arsenal paid them what they wanted. Oh well, better to have him on squad than not.


    Two things come to mind about this deal. Either it is true about the financial restrictions Arsenal's board had being lifted, or Arsenal are finally standing up and keeping their best players. Now 90k does seem a bit steep for someone who has a ton of inconsistent moments like Walcott, so if he does sign it, then he better keep up the form he's been in since Wenger started using him as the up-front striker a bit more and not go back to his showing up for 3 out of every 15 games kind of form. As for the other players Arsenal let go of, we all know that Nasri and RvP obviously are being paid well over 100k, so they wanted more money than what Walcott is asking for, and Fabregas, I feel the main factor was him wanting to play for his boyhood club again and Arsenal were not exactly in a favorable position to convince him to stay cause of that. Walcott is obviously not demanding an absurd amount of money, but it's still a bit much for a player with his playing history.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1846
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 am
  • What was your favorite Nuri Sahin moment? After a drawn out loan race with Arsenal the Madrid midfielder has been optioned off back to Dortmund in a permanent move with Liverpools blessing.

    Such a strange and disappointing term. I was hoping he would help Allen in the 4231 and let Gerrard roam. But one goal, 4 appearances, an apparent injury and questions of effort and ethic in training have led to his departure. Overall not too bothered by it. 90k a week off the books. And for sahin he is back where he started (and probably wishes he never left)
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5325
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:46 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:What was your favorite Nuri Sahin moment? After a drawn out loan race with Arsenal the Madrid midfielder has been optioned off back to Dortmund in a permanent move with Liverpools blessing.

    Such a strange and disappointing term. I was hoping he would help Allen in the 4231 and let Gerrard roam. But one goal, 4 appearances, an apparent injury and questions of effort and ethic in training have led to his departure. Overall not too bothered by it. 90k a week off the books. And for sahin he is back where he started (and probably wishes he never left)


    Odd situation all around. Henderson and Lucas preferred over him, so there wasn't much 1st team time to be had. Hopefully we can use some of the freed up funds to bring in some more goal inspiration.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 434
    Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:25 am
  • Do you hear that? It's the sound of West Brom and Swansea dropping like a rock. We all kinda knew it was going to happen, but still painful to watch.

    You know fellas I wouldn't bet my house on it, but if City beats Arsenal, and Liverpool pull the upset at Old Trafford mighty Arsenal and Liverpool will be tied on points.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 434
    Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:44 am
  • It's a proud day for Stoke's Jonathan Walters: 2 own goals and a missed penalty. It's just a shame that it all happened against Chelsea.
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:00 am
  • The good and bad of Daniel Sturridge....

    After 60 minutes of giving the ball away like it was infested with an STD the Reds finally settled in. The adding of Sturridge changed the attacking ideas of Liverpool. They midfield played with more confidence and began winning the ball easier and finding gaps through the middle zone.

    Adding Borini dropped Suarez underneath into a CAM role and the group really looked threatening. I like this option going forward (unless Sneidjer really does come)

    Still, wasteful in front cost them a point
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5325
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:34 am
  • I didn't watch the Arsenal match due to having to work, and somewhat glad I didn't. I'm seriously starting to think about cutting off any and all Arsenal news feeds I'm on cause it's become one of two things, empty promises and "Wenger Out" pricks. It's becoming more and more irritating, more so than Arsenal themselves. And it's no longer reasonable, or sane, to blame a single person for Arsenal's problems because it's really everyone at the club as well as the bastards who turned their backs on Arsenal and left for more money and "to win trophies".
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1846
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:58 am
  • not sure where to post it, didnt warrant a new thread, but I was just given the top h.s. soccer program in the state yesterday. Very excited.

    and now commence twisting Gate's myriad emotions into a nicely wound rubber ball and bouncing them off the pavement....
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5325
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:00 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:not sure where to post it, didnt warrant a new thread, but I was just given the top h.s. soccer program in the state yesterday. Very excited.


    Congrats!
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 434
    Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:32 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:not sure where to post it, didnt warrant a new thread, but I was just given the top h.s. soccer program in the state yesterday. Very excited.


    Well done! What level have you been coaching until now?
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:35 am
  • Hawkspur wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:not sure where to post it, didnt warrant a new thread, but I was just given the top h.s. soccer program in the state yesterday. Very excited.


    Well done! What level have you been coaching until now?


    Eight year olds, dude....
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11158
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:27 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Hawkspur wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:not sure where to post it, didnt warrant a new thread, but I was just given the top h.s. soccer program in the state yesterday. Very excited.


    Well done! What level have you been coaching until now?


    Eight year olds, dude....


    You're out of your element, Peaches. Mark it zero.
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:44 pm
  • I am the Jesus!

    We have two youth soccer systems here. Basic high school and club. High school is what it is. This is my second program. I had another for 8 years but left it this past season. My new program is different, twice as big, has a club (that I work in) prepping players, has tradition (state titles, etc) so I'm excited, nervous.

    I also coach Academy/Premier soccer teams from u12 to u19 for our club.

    Both are different. High school is lights, letter jackets, cheerleaders... and 3 months. Club is developing highly competitive players traveling the region, nation and prepping for collegiate (and sometimes professional) levels of play.

    Both are involved, different and great in their own way. With this hs team though I inherit a top 3 team each year. Excited
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5325
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:14 pm
  • Chelsea definitely mucked it up today. Drawing with Southampton hurts them, especially seeing as this was their game in hand on the clubs ahead of them.

    Man U slipped past West Ham in Rooney's return to action. And Arsenal finally dominated a match from wire to wire and won, albeit it took them 26 shots to score 1 goal, that's a bit frustrating but I can handle it seeing as they didn't screw it up and lost.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1846
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:16 pm
  • Any thoughts on Pep Guardiola signing with Bayern Munich to become their manager after this season ends?
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1846
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:42 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:Any thoughts on Pep Guardiola signing with Bayern Munich to become their manager after this season ends?



    As much as it makes my German club- BVB Dortmund- have to work even that much harder to overtake them on a yearly basis, it is AWESOME news for the Bundesliga.

    I love Everton don't get me wrong but the Bundesliga is so far above the EPL in entertainment. The league is doing it right in allowing it's German youth plenty of chances to play. The ticket prices are kept at a reasonable level plus they still have safe standing terraces which I have experienced various times during my travels over there. There is no way you will ever see some rich oil baron or shiekh purchase a team as a toy. The system is set up that it can't happen.


    As for Pep, I think he picked a great team for him. The culture there in Munich is one that should work for him.


    Much wiser move than going to the cluster%^&& that is Chelsea and going to Money City.
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 100
    Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:40 am
    Location: Chandler, AZ


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:18 am
  • Tattooedseahawk wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:Any thoughts on Pep Guardiola signing with Bayern Munich to become their manager after this season ends?



    As much as it makes my German club- BVB Dortmund- have to work even that much harder to overtake them on a yearly basis, it is AWESOME news for the Bundesliga.

    I love Everton don't get me wrong but the Bundesliga is so far above the EPL in entertainment. The league is doing it right in allowing it's German youth plenty of chances to play. The ticket prices are kept at a reasonable level plus they still have safe standing terraces which I have experienced various times during my travels over there. There is no way you will ever see some rich oil baron or shiekh purchase a team as a toy. The system is set up that it can't happen.


    As for Pep, I think he picked a great team for him. The culture there in Munich is one that should work for him.


    Much wiser move than going to the cluster%^&& that is Chelsea and going to Money City.


    I agree with you about the Bundesliga, it is far more entertaining, regardless if it's 1st place versus 2nd place or 1st place versus 20th place.

    I also think calling Chelsea and City a clusterf*** only begins to describe it.
    User avatar
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1846
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:19 am

Re: EPL 2012-2013
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:14 pm
  • Don't know why any LFC fan would be arsed by Walcott signing with Arsenal. Its good for Wenger. Was interested its only a 3+ year contract. So basically he will be 26 and subject to massive speculation again in 2015 (winter, maybe summer going into 2016 season).. but he's theirs now.

    Pep to Bayern is interesting. I disagree that the Bundasliga is anywhere near on par with the PL in terms of interest. However they have 4-5 teams that are well constructed and stylistic. Dortmund is easily my 2nd favorite. Peps influence in the German league could be groundbreaking. Could be all to do about nada as well. But its interesting. Should shape their transfers this summer
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5325
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests