Mariners....

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Will we get ANY bat worth a damn this year. I dont want just a big ass TV. I feel like wearing a bag on my head at safeco this year.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Well I don't have to bother with a bag, I won't be attending any games.

Baseball is boring enough. Its horribly slow watching a team that can't hit the broad sign of a barn.

Sounds like Nick Swisher is close to a deal with the Indians..

Who does that leave.. Bourne? Chone Figgins part 2?

Yech.

(take it all with a grain of salt, as i've said.. im not a huge baseball fan). They need to instrument a salary cap in the MLB. Doesn't seem fair that the Angels signed both Pujols and Hamilton back to back. They are Yankees west.

getnasty

Reaction score
has Justin Upton signed with anyone? i wouldn't mind that guy

OP
OP
425HawkSpark

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
I know jack z likes to trade but come on we need at least 2 good/great bats to make an impact. Looks like the mariners will enjoy 5th place this year. Uhhhhh...

jkitsune

Reaction score
Michael Bourn isn't Chone Figgins part 2. He's a completely different human being with a different future ahead of him. They just happen to share similar skillsets. He'd be a fine signing and would upgrade the offense, leading off for a lineup in desperate need of a hitter who can get on base.

That said, I'll be disappointed if they don't sign Swisher or trade for someone (Upton isn't a free agent, he's just been on the trading block).

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I am so frustrated with how irrelevant and lousy the Mariners are. I think, with a decent FO, Jack Z could be really good, but Lincoln and co. have just completely handcuffed the guy. The M's offense is gonna be last in the league again. My goodness.

OP
OP
425HawkSpark

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Why would swisher come here? We would need to make a trade for a bigger bat and then go get swisher. He does not want to be the "guy" here. It's hard when FA's don't want to come play against Texas and the Angels more than they have too. Trade the farm for proven hitters or sit back and collect top 5 draft pics year in and year out.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I don't understand this infatuation with "big" bats. The Giants were last in home runs last season and all they did was win the world series. The Mariner's don't need "big" bats (though their nice to have), they need good bats.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
It's not jut a big bat IMO. I look at it as any bat. We are one of the worst if not the worst hitting teams in history...ever. Right now we are just the worst hitting team since the DH in '73

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I will not attend another Mariners game until...

1. Tickets are gifted to me.

OR

2. They spend money on things that will actually improve the team, not a useless screen.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":35zluxb6 said:
Huh? dont wear a bag on your head. Just dont go

I will never go again unless they sell. I hate this franchise as it sits now with its current leadership.

jkitsune

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":p1mg121x said:
I will not attend another Mariners game until...

1. Tickets are gifted to me.

OR

2. They spend money on things that will actually improve the team, not a useless screen.

Yeah the screen was kind of a slap in the face.

Msfann

Reaction score
But..but it was from a separate budget so it's ok!

:sarcasm_off:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm apathetic. ....and will be until that assclown that is Howard Lincoln is gone.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":22mpc86x said:
Why would swisher come here? We would need to make a trade for a bigger bat and then go get swisher. He does not want to be the "guy" here. It's hard when FA's don't want to come play against Texas and the Angels more than they have too. Trade the farm for proven hitters or sit back and collect top 5 draft pics year in and year out.

And to that point, it appears the Ms offered Hamilton 4 years 100 million with a vested 5th AND 6th year for average number of plate appearances. This is a better offer than he got from the Angels.

Hate the Ms all you want, but as Seahawk fans we know know what its like when free agent after free agent turns us down. The Ms are no different it appears.

OP
OP
425HawkSpark

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
It's hate with the FO not the mariners in general. The Seahawks get some FA the mariners get nobody on a top teir. We need to face it we are no A's we can't win with 30 million.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":21f35697 said:
It's hate with the FO not the mariners in general. The Seahawks get some FA the mariners get nobody on a top teir. We need to face it we are no A's we can't win with 30 million.

Yes, the ms have struggled to bring in quality FAs since the Beltre/Sexson deals (of which many forget)... but again we just offered Hamilton roughly 150 million. And he said no. The Ms don't want to be the As. They may have no choice

Latest posts