Reaction score
So I see this cryptic exchange with this Jeff Brennan guy

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr

@jay_eee_eff_eff @ChrisEgan5 Sonics!

14h Jeff Brennan Jeff Brennan ‏@jay_eee_eff_eff

@Softykjr @chrisegan5 shhhhhhhh!
Expand
14h Dave Softy Mahler Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr

@jay_eee_eff_eff @ChrisEgan5 just be ready..
Expand

@Softykjr @chrisegan5 I know, I know. I can't wait. I've been dying to tell ppl.
Expand
14h Chris Egan King-5 TV Chris Egan King-5 TV ‏@ChrisEgan5

@jay_eee_eff_eff @Softykjr What a week Fiscal Cliff over and now your telling me the Sonic news is coming! Whats next, more Star Wars movies
Expand
14h Dave Softy Mahler Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr

@ChrisEgan5 @jay_eee_eff_eff actually, yes! Lol..

@Softykjr @chrisegan5 haha yeah, I think the answer is probably yes to all of those. Just hoping it all works out...

Then I see this

Jeff Brennan ‏@jay_eee_eff_eff

yes I deleted tweets, yes I may or not may not know something, but don't expect to find out anything here. #sonics

12h Jeff Brennan Jeff Brennan ‏@jay_eee_eff_eff

I've said too much, but haven't said anything.

So I gather some big news is going to be happening regarding the potential new Sonics team but before I put too much stock in this, does anyone know how this guy is connected to things? Seatown81, what do you know?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I wish you never made this thread. This is just going to drive me crazy now!

SeaTown81

Reaction score
This is the first I've seen of this, Doc. My phone broke and I haven't been paying as close attention to Twitter of late. Checked out SonicsRising.com, the new SonicsCentral. Someone there posted it as well, but nobody knows anything. Haven't seen a reply from Brian Robinson, who is in the know on a lot of arena stuff. Don't know if that means anything or not. I have absolutely no clue who this Jeff Brennan dude is. Hope this isn't hot air!

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Well... the Maloofs were trying to woo a city that has no business getting a team. That tells me they are now "bargaining". They are taking a current offer and see who will give more. My guess is the league has asked them to sell the team. They have defied the league by going to Virginia or some such bullcrap, and the owners have said they will all vote no, so you might as well sell while your team is still worth something. Or the league can pull the ol' "in the best interest of the league" stuff and take it over, especially if they are as in debt in dirty money as people claim. The league may take over operations at any time to save the franchise from being taken over in a bankruptcy type situation and forcing them to sell to somebody who will relocate them next year to the Key Arena while another facility is being built. That was the guess I had when I read an article about them visiting with some city back east that won't get a team and has no business getting one.

Throwdown

Reaction score
More weird twitter stuff going on, Eddie Francis (Former Kube 93 DJ) and Jake One (Seattle hip hop producer) were having a conversation about it, and then mysteriously Jake One's posts about it magically disappear as I'm posting this, FRAAAAAAAAACK

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Lots of smoke going around in form of rumor on Twitter. Softy and others saying more cryptic things. Read the comments on the last two blog postings at Sonics Rising. Not to mention Brian Robinson's post in the 2nd one. He's pretty much telling his counterpart in Sacramento how bad he feels for him, having been in his shoes before. Brian claims he doesn't know anything, and that his comments could've been said months ago. But the timing isn't to be ignored. He's clearly hearing the same things others are. Who knows if it's legit, or something less so. Whatever it is, crap this is exciting.

http://blog.sonicsrising.com/kings-to-v ... ays-mayor/

http://blog.sonicsrising.com/dear-sactown-mike/

Oh, and Hansen closed on another plot of land yesterday.

Chris Daniels‏@ChrisDaniels5
JUST IN: Chris Hansen quietly closes deal on more land in Seattle’s SODO Neighborhood, buying lot at 1757 1st Ave S for $1.8 million.

Throwdown

Reaction score
^ I just read that, he claims but he knows something, the smoke around here's getting real heavy for there not to be a fire... Or maybe I'm hoping lol