Justin Upton anyone?

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Of course, are the M's willing to give up what it would take to get Upton, and would we be giving up too much to do so?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Depends on what you would view as too much, build a cute package around any of the young arms is something I'd do personally. To me if they view Seattle as a partner, they're looking at the arms.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I refuse to get excited until something actually happens. Too many letdowns this offseason.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":3ebl2vb2 said:
I refuse to get excited until something actually happens. Too many letdowns this offseason.
OK Les.....

:les:

Trrrroy

Reaction score
According to Dave Cameron, rumors are the M's may be on Upton's no-trade list. He also points out that enough compensation can always change a players mind. I'm not getting my hopes up. Apparently the Diamondbacks have been asking too much (which is why he hasn't been traded already) and we know too well what the M's think about overpaying for players.

Lithium

Reaction score
he probably wont allow it, I think we should do what we can to get Giancarlo Stanton from Miami.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1h7i30rd said:
jkitsune":1h7i30rd said:
OK Les.....

Hey now, I'm as ardent an m's guy as anyone on this forum. I'm just saying after the Hamilton saga, the swisher saga, no Bourn signing, and now a Raul signing, I'm trying not to get excited about any more ms rumors. If it happens I will be psyched, especially if we only lose one major pitching prospect.

pinksheets

Reaction score
jkitsune":1fu5mv9k said:
Jazzhawk":1fu5mv9k said:
jkitsune":1fu5mv9k said:
OK Les.....

Hey now, I'm as ardent an m's guy as anyone on this forum. I'm just saying after the Hamilton saga, the swisher saga, no Bourn signing, and now a Raul signing, I'm trying not to get excited about any more ms rumors. If it happens I will be psyched, especially if we only lose one major pitching prospect.
All I've ever asked for the past year has been to get Upton, but I'm not getting excited either. With all of the talk about how we're not a good match for a trade (which brings into question just how huge of an overpay it'd have to be) and that we may be on Upton's veto list, just seems unlikely.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I don't think it would take as much to get Upton as last year. Prospects (pitcher and field player) and maybe Montero or Smoak.

Would be a good trade but I don't see it happening.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ovww752h said:
I don't think it would take as much to get Upton as last year. Prospects (pitcher and field player) and maybe Montero or Smoak.

Would be a good trade but I don't see it happening.

Giving up Montero would be an enormous mistake, IMO. I'd be fine with trading away two prospects and Smoak.

Spounge84

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1hsf7bby said:
They should trade the owners.

Yeah, but what can we get for them? More likely we'd have to pay for someone to take them off our hands.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":3ejnzpjm said:
Brilliant post. Not sure anyone had thought the owners of this team were holding them back. Certainly not within the confines of the numerous other Ms threads on here.

Christ on a bike

pinksheets

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1588t5r0 said:
SouthSoundHawk":1588t5r0 said:
Brilliant post. Not sure anyone had thought the owners of this team were holding them back. Certainly not within the confines of the numerous other Ms threads on here.

Christ on a bike
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts