NHL CBA Done

canzag

Reaction score
According to numerous sources.Hockey is back.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
10 year agreement, with mutual opt-out at 8. That should help fears for some fans that it is just going to happen again shortly. I know it will happen at 8 years, but at least I can watch 8 years of hockey and hope Bettman is gone by the time they renegotiate in 7 years to try to prevent the mess at year 8 that is inevitable.

soohawk

Reaction score
i don't give two hoots

until bettman is fired or retires i have no interest in nhl hockey

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Hell yeah, Go Sharks! (Until Seattle gets a team of course, than I will probably start rooting for them as all my favorite sports teams are from the Northwest)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Go Totems! ......or whatever the name of the future Seattle NHL team will be!

SharkHawk

Reaction score
At one point the Sharks franchise was almost awarded to Seattle. It took a lot of last minute dealing for San Jose to secure the deal. I believe it included their promise to build the "Shark Tank" which is a hockey specific arena (although they do play arena football there, it was designed for the Sharks for hockey), and not try to play in another arena somewhere not in San Jose. I like that arena they have because it's right in the historic San Jose downtown and easy to access.

I think the arena in Seattle is going to be awesome, and once its done, the whole area is going to just become sports junkie heaven between the 3 stadiums along the SoDo area. Hopefully it picks up that part of town with more shops and fun pre-game stuff to do, rather than just a bunch of scary warehouses where you pay to park and hope like crazy your car is still there when you get back. Eeek!

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Go whoever I feel like randomly bandwaggoning in the playoffs until Seattle finally gets a team!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
m0ng0":3ubvic98 said:
Go Av's !

This. Until Seattle finally gets a team. I've been onboard since the beginning of the '95 season, but I'm starting to get more excited about a team here. Avs will still always hold a place in my heart, but not the same anymore. Especially after yet another strike-shortened season.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2xiaoe34 said:
m0ng0":2xiaoe34 said:
Go Av's !

This. Until Seattle finally gets a team. I've been onboard since the beginning of the '95 season, but I'm starting to get more excited about a team here. Avs will still always hold a place in my heart, but not the same anymore. Especially after yet another strike-shortened season.

Yeah I had to order a cover for my phone before I destroyed a second one and elected for this

http://www.coveroo.com/product/iphoneca ... anche-foot

Unless Portland gets a team its the Av's for me. I lived in Denver when the "Nordiques" came to town and was assimilated. I got a killer tie die with the Grateful Dead Skull logo with an Avalanche logo inside and Grateful Deadmarsh on the back and one of Ray Bourques Mission 16 hats from back in the day. Deadmarsh was always my fave as I watched him grow when he played for the Winterhawks!

So excited for this abbreviated season to get going.