NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:39 pm
  • Was listening to Ian Furness at work with my Walkman but KJR'S signal goes in and out. He teased something about Sacramento and I never heard anything else. Anyone else catch this ?
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12139
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:19 am
  • I just want to see a picture of your Walkman!
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2357
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:I just want to see a picture of your Walkman!


    I hope he has a cassette player on it! god, I hope so.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19277
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:36 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:I just want to see a picture of your Walkman!


    I hope he has a cassette player on it! god, I hope so.


    I hope its the yellow sport one that was semi water resistant! Please let it be that one.
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3456
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:13 pm
  • Sorry fellas it the black radio version, says Sony Walkman on it, Fred Meyer still sells them, that's where I bought it in December.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12139
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:09 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Sorry fellas it the black radio version, says Sony Walkman on it, Fred Meyer still sells them, that's where I bought it in December.



    Well, that is pretty ghetto, unless you carry it in a fanny pack.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2357
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:53 pm
  • LOL, It's work, not a fashion show. It's not that big, it's not nano small, it's about half the size of My iPhone.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12139
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:08 am
  • i uses to use my walkman on jogs back in the day... would have been great if not for all the cd skipping and such...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4058
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:26 am
  • hawker84 wrote:i uses to use my walkman on jogs back in the day... would have been great if not for all the cd skipping and such...


    Thank god for my iPod when I go jogging.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19277
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:15 am
  • hawker84 wrote:i uses to use my walkman on jogs back in the day... would have been great if not for all the cd skipping and such...


    You had a cd Walkman!? Fancy!

    I rocked the cassette version, I wore my Pyromania Def Leopard tape out! :)

    Shut up, I was 12!
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5528
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:21 pm
  • BREAKING: Sac announces third investor! Some dude who owns some software company....

    to soften the blow that they failed to come to an arena deal as of today, the self-imposed deadline. Things could be winding down.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:26 pm
  • Larry Ellison?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19277
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:29 pm

Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:34 pm
  • Yeah... just read Sonics Rising, if todays any indication of things, Sonic's are back next season and I'm buying You & Seatown a McDouble at the McDonalds across the street.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19277
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:36 pm
  • My main man!
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:53 pm
  • Wow, so this guy is actually taking over as the lead investor for buying the team. Mastrov would be a minority owner. Seems like an insane shake up at this point in the game.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:56 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Wow, so this guy is actually taking over as the lead investor for buying the team. Mastrov would be a minority owner. Seems like an insane shake up at this point in the game.


    I don't see this shaking out, he's a minority stake owner for the Warriors, can he even go to the NBA and show them anything for ANOTHER team while he still owns part of another team?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19277
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:06 pm
  • In other news, in light of this newest development that Pinksheets has brought to .NET's attention, it appears that Blitzer88 boxed his Sonics gear again, only to bring it back out on the 3rd and 18th of April.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19277
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:17 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:In other news, in light of this newest development that Pinksheets has brought to .NET's attention, it appears that Blitzer88 boxed his Sonics gear again, only to bring it back out on the 3rd and 18th of April.


    Your telling me.......I've run out of packing tape because I opened and re-closed my Sonic's gear box again, again and again. It would be so much more convenient if they just made it official, no?

    And on the Sac-town news that came out today, this could be good news for us. An investor switch this late in the game does not show the NBA BOG stability within the proposed investment group that they are probably looking for.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11249
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:10 pm
  • This not only shows desperation but lack of organzation, lack of being able to keep deadlines, and lack of follow thru, as the article says, all with everyone who makes the decisions from the NBA looking on and taking notes. Is this the group you want leading a franchise in the NBA ? They have to be thinking or that other group lead by Mr. Hansen, who has seemingly been one step or more ahead at every situation in his purchasing and relocation offer.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11536
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:13 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Wow, so this guy is actually taking over as the lead investor for buying the team. Mastrov would be a minority owner. Seems like an insane shake up at this point in the game.


    I don't see this shaking out, he's a minority stake owner for the Warriors, can he even go to the NBA and show them anything for ANOTHER team while he still owns part of another team?

    He'd have to sell his stake in the Warriors. The NBA does not allow an individual ownership in more than one team, or Paul Allen would own the Sonics right now.
    SEAHAWKS HEADED FOR BLOODBATH
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/11/19/ ... bloodbath/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1410
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:56 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Wow, so this guy is actually taking over as the lead investor for buying the team. Mastrov would be a minority owner. Seems like an insane shake up at this point in the game.


    I don't see this shaking out, he's a minority stake owner for the Warriors, can he even go to the NBA and show them anything for ANOTHER team while he still owns part of another team?

    He'd have to sell his stake in the Warriors. The NBA does not allow an individual ownership in more than one team, or Paul Allen would own the Sonics right now.


    I know, but right now I don't see how he's allowed to be out here actually fronting this when he owns a stake in Golden State, just seems odd.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19277
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:58 pm
  • Prob because its all BS anyway...
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3456
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:29 pm
  • dunceface wrote:Prob because its all BS anyway...


    mo' den likleh
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19277
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:46 pm
  • His participation will just be conditional on him selling his GSW share if he gets the Kings.

    Isn't it odd that the new frontman and hero of the Sacramento movement is a guy with a decent stake in the nearest team and obvious choice to fill that TV market if the Kings leave? What is there to gain from winning over current Kings fans? I wonder....

    Image
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:21 pm
  • Sac announces their arena deal.

    $258m public contribution, $190 private. The devil will be in the details, as there could be a lot of ground for legal challenges for how Sac wants to fund this thing. Basically money laundering.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:33 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Sac announces their arena deal.

    $258m public contribution, $190 private. The devil will be in the details, as there could be a lot of ground for legal challenges for how Sac wants to fund this thing. Basically money laundering.


    Sac will fund this in a legit manner
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10606
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:40 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Sac announces their arena deal.

    $258m public contribution, $190 private. The devil will be in the details, as there could be a lot of ground for legal challenges for how Sac wants to fund this thing. Basically money laundering.


    Sac will fund this in a legit manner


    From the last arena deal, it was acknowledged that California state law prohibits parking revenue from being spent on anything besides maintenance, garages, etc. The plan detailed in that deal, if still the same, was to use the parking revenue to pay off debts on garages and use the funds they were going to otherwise use on said debts towards the arena. That's either going to be a hell of a loophole or considered an attempt to circumvent the law, I don't know.

    The other issue is going to be the city's attempt to use a de facto non-profit to issue bonds to try to not make the city's poor credit and existing debt a factor in this. There's talk the IRS might not consider that kosher. We'll still see the specifics, but just from what Shirey had said, this deal has the potential for far more significant legal challenges than Seattle's and will be rammed through in 2 days, a process of just due diligence and consideration that was given 4 months in Seattle. Different political climates, though, obviously. A deal like this would never, ever fly in Seattle, nor would the non-evidence based claim that a sports arena is going to be the centerpiece in revitalizing an economy.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:42 pm
  • And it's oddly convenient that the arena deal was't announced and won't be released until after the 3 public forums on the arena have already occurred. A deliberate attempt to avoid transparency, obviously, but it doesn't seem like it'll catch much flack in Sacramento.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:44 pm
  • I'm still not worried about it, our arena plan is strong, ownership group could buy 100 Ranadive's & Mastrov's if they felt like it.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19277
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:49 pm
  • Time to re-pack the Sonics gear...........again.......... :34853_doh:
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11249
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:53 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Time to re-pack the Sonics gear...........again.......... :34853_doh:


    Hey! You know daggone well you overreact

    Calmeth Downeth dudeth
    User avatar
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 375
    Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:56 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Time to re-pack the Sonics gear...........again.......... :34853_doh:


    wait.... what are you basing that off of?
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3589
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:55 pm
  • $258m in public contribution? Wow, that's a lot for a dying team in a city that could really use that money for other things.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2256
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:18 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:Time to re-pack the Sonics gear...........again.......... :34853_doh:


    wait.... what are you basing that off of?


    It was in reference to something Throwdown said earlier in this thread about how with the up and down nature of this story I have unpacked and repacked my Sonics gear based on that days developments.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11249
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:00 am
  • pinksheets wrote:His participation will just be conditional on him selling his GSW share if he gets the Kings.

    Isn't it odd that the new frontman and hero of the Sacramento movement is a guy with a decent stake in the nearest team and obvious choice to fill that TV market if the Kings leave? What is there to gain from winning over current Kings fans? I wonder....

    Image

    He ha. I see what you're getting at.
    SEAHAWKS HEADED FOR BLOODBATH
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/11/19/ ... bloodbath/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1410
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:50 pm
  • Well looks like the Kings have announced another whale to their group. The Jacobs family who owns Quallcom. And of course the Sac-Town City Council is gonna vote on the arena plan and that is expected to pass. Listening to interviews lately it seems that the Sacramento group seems to have a upper hand on us now or at least thats what my cautious pessimist mind believes. Seems like the the potential trouble that Sac was in last week by not getting their arena plan announced then seems to have turned into great momentum for them.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11249
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:53 pm
  • Image
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:54 am
  • Lol bro if they keep their team so be it, they're still gonna be the same ol garbage franchise they've always been, being in Seattle could've saved em from that.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19277
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:25 am
  • I'm with Throw. If they show great, if not we will have a team soon enough. Stern wants it. It will happen.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9342
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:11 am
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Well looks like the Kings have announced another whale to their group. The Jacobs family who owns Quallcom. And of course the Sac-Town City Council is gonna vote on the arena plan and that is expected to pass. Listening to interviews lately it seems that the Sacramento group seems to have a upper hand on us now or at least thats what my cautious pessimist mind believes. Seems like the the potential trouble that Sac was in last week by not getting their arena plan announced then seems to have turned into great momentum for them.


    DON'T FALL FOR IT, BLITZER!!! Put that Sonics gear back on!

    KJ's always going to talk his mess, and I want to fight him. So Sac, hit up the connect and make it happen! Homies been running his mouth too much for my liking, freakin' cheeseball.

    Hansen gave corporate sponsorship numbers to the NBA and those obviously aren't too shabby, along with the RSN deal that would be up to 5x bigger than it would be in Sacramento.

    We're playing the money card, and always have been throughout this whole deal. As many of us in Washington know, the NBA gives absolutely ZERO you know whats about loyalty and all that jazz, because if they did there wouldn't be a team in OKC right now.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19277
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:57 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:Well looks like the Kings have announced another whale to their group. The Jacobs family who owns Quallcom. And of course the Sac-Town City Council is gonna vote on the arena plan and that is expected to pass. Listening to interviews lately it seems that the Sacramento group seems to have a upper hand on us now or at least thats what my cautious pessimist mind believes. Seems like the the potential trouble that Sac was in last week by not getting their arena plan announced then seems to have turned into great momentum for them.


    DON'T FALL FOR IT, BLITZER!!! Put that Sonics gear back on!

    KJ's always going to talk his mess, and I want to fight him. So Sac, hit up the connect and make it happen! Homies been running his mouth too much for my liking, freakin' cheeseball.

    Hansen gave corporate sponsorship numbers to the NBA and those obviously aren't too shabby, along with the RSN deal that would be up to 5x bigger than it would be in Sacramento.

    We're playing the money card, and always have been throughout this whole deal. As many of us in Washington know, the NBA gives absolutely ZERO you know whats about loyalty and all that jazz, because if they did there wouldn't be a team in OKC right now.


    CHUUUUUUUUUUUCH!!!!!
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3456
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:05 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    KJ's always going to talk his mess, and I want to fight him. So Sac, hit up the connect and make it happen! Homies been running his mouth too much for my liking, freakin' cheeseball.



    Can't do it. Kings need to stay here. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10606
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:08 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    KJ's always going to talk his mess, and I want to fight him. So Sac, hit up the connect and make it happen! Homies been running his mouth too much for my liking, freakin' cheeseball.



    Can't do it. Kings need to stay here. Two wrongs don't make a right.


    Difference is it actually makes financial sense for Seattle to have a basketball team. Sac was losing money on the Kings for years and will have to borrow a lot of money from an already bankrupt state to help fund it. But yeah... go ahead and think the situations are the same.
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3589
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:13 am
  • The Kings didn't start losing money until the Maloofs started making outrageous demands and deliberately forcing moves to make them a losing organization.

    First came the rumors of moving them to Vegas, then selling them outright, then firing good coaches and trading away a lottery pick, all in an attempt to push the fan base away.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10606
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:26 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:Well looks like the Kings have announced another whale to their group. The Jacobs family who owns Quallcom. And of course the Sac-Town City Council is gonna vote on the arena plan and that is expected to pass. Listening to interviews lately it seems that the Sacramento group seems to have a upper hand on us now or at least thats what my cautious pessimist mind believes. Seems like the the potential trouble that Sac was in last week by not getting their arena plan announced then seems to have turned into great momentum for them.


    DON'T FALL FOR IT, BLITZER!!! Put that Sonics gear back on!

    KJ's always going to talk his mess, and I want to fight him. So Sac, hit up the connect and make it happen! Homies been running his mouth too much for my liking, freakin' cheeseball.

    Hansen gave corporate sponsorship numbers to the NBA and those obviously aren't too shabby, along with the RSN deal that would be up to 5x bigger than it would be in Sacramento.

    We're playing the money card, and always have been throughout this whole deal. As many of us in Washington know, the NBA gives absolutely ZERO you know whats about loyalty and all that jazz, because if they did there wouldn't be a team in OKC right now.


    Man....I wish this made me feel better, but I just have the sinking feeling, fueled by recent articles and comments, that our hearts are gonna be ripped out again by the NBA.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11249
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:21 pm
  • It'll be interesting to see if the BOG really go so far as to seriously consider making a decision that makes no sense economically in anyway to promote sentimentality and fairness.

    I still really doubt that Sac group even matches the Hansen bid. A team is simply not worth nearly as much in that market.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:16 pm
  • I heard on tge radio its much ado. Nothing being voted on is binding the way ir is here. Basically what I took from it, no matter what it's still up to the board/owners vote. We shall see.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9342
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:56 pm
  • Money talks. That is all.
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3456
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:27 pm
  • dunceface wrote:Money talks. That is all.


    That is true, but many believe now that with the combined whales that KJ has gotten that their offer will be right around or close too the Seattle offer. I may just be reading the wrong press clippings, but I have come to the realization that this probably isn't going to happen.......some how some way Stern and Co. will find a way to hurt us Sonic fans again.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11249
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


PreviousNext


It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online