Kings/Sonics Roster

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
OK -- since I've seen almost no NBA the last 5 years and absolutely no Sacramento King....

Who's any good on their roster?

DeMarcus Cousins looks solid .. I see Isaiah Thomas from UW is there. JImmer was always overrated and I doubt he has much of a future. Anyone know much?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Tyreke Evans is probably the most talented player on the roster, former Rookie of the year, and the first round pick from this past draft is talented too and has a really good story.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Here's The Thomas Robinson story, you can't help but root for the guy

[youtube]KOrZareB_oM[/youtube]

SirTed

Reaction score
Cousins is dope - but he's a Rasheed Wallace type, super talented, definitely a wild card.

Aaron Brooks is on the roster as well. Not a Husky, but a Franklin HS grad!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
It's cool we'll be in the Western Conference Pacific with the Lakers again. That's the rivalry I grew up with!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Kings have some talent. Now that they will have ownership that gives a rats ass about winning.. well Seattle could have done much worse on inheriting a team.

Shaz

Reaction score
I would imagine the Division will be switched a bit given you can't call this team a Pacific team when it's the most northwestern team in the NBA and there is a division called the Northwest

RKDfan

Reaction score
I'm actually a Kings fan and can tell you this about the team:

-The 2 most talented players on this team are obviously DeMarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans. DeMarcus isn't a head case or anything, but he does tend to voice his many complaints and it gets him into trouble. Tyreke Evans is an ultimate team player and does what ever is asked of him. He has a good handle and can get to the basket at will. His jumpshot is a work in progress, but it's finally looking better now in his 4th season. His contract expires after this season.

-There are few players willing to be role players on this team. Jason Thompson is a keeper. He's consistent, and does all the dirty work and little things as the starting PF next to Cousins. Marcus Thornton has struggled this season with injuries and personal issues with his family, but what he brings to the table is SCORING. He scores in bunches and would make a fine 6th man on a playoff team. Isaiah Thomas is in a bit of a sophomore slump, but he brings hustle, pesky defense, decent scoring, and solid playmaking. Jimmer looked lost in his first season, but has progressed and looks a lot better in year two. Solid bench player. Thomas Robinson has been a huge disappointment. He doesn't even look like he wants to be out there when he's on the floor. He also looks a little too small for a PF and has no post moves. His defense is pretty solid though. Aaron Brooks is a chucker.... He just looks for his own shot at the expense of the team. He needs to go. And for the rest of the players, they're pretty much garbage. John Salmons is solid, but waaaay overpaid. Garcia is old and done, Outlaw is terrible, Hayes is a puny center who is only valuable in post defense and is also overpaid.

-The assistant coaches on the team are actually pretty good, but the head coach... not so much. His rotations are the worst that I've ever seen. He rests players for too long, and pretty much has a team A for the entire 1st and 3rd quarter and a Team B for the 2nd and 4th. Ironically his name is Smart. I would imagine a new ownership group would replace him.

Shaz

Reaction score
RKD

So if this does indeed happen and the Kings move to Seattle to become the Sonics

Who are you going to root for in the NBA now?

This isn't a knock on your or any other fan from Sacramento, I love your fanbase and it's unfortunate stuff like this is happening

RKDfan

Reaction score
Shaz":9xkpahb1 said:
RKD

So if this does indeed happen and the Kings move to Seattle to become the Sonics

Who are you going to root for in the NBA now?

This isn't a knock on your or any other fan from Sacramento, I love your fanbase and it's unfortunate stuff like this is happening

It would be too difficult for me to root for another team. I became attached to the players on the team and will continue to root for them if they move to Seattle. The Maloofs are terrible, so I'm just hoping that a new ownership group can bring the team back to relevance. It's bittersweet.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Cousins is a good player but they'd be better getting rid of him. Sort of like when the Seahawks shipped out Jerramy STevens, Anthony Simmons, etc. Addition by subtraction.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Don't trash talk Jimmer guys... you know I'll have to step in and set you all straight.

RKDfan

Reaction score
It would be hard to get fair value in return for Cousins. He is too talented at a position that doesn't have many quality players.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Thanks for the info RKD. I will take your word as I have not followed the kings but would love to see them in sonics green and yellow

RKDfan

Reaction score
No problem guys. I just hope the Seattle fan base supports the team like you support the Seahawks.