Sonics logo when they return

Should they tweak the logo?

• Yes - give 'em a new face to reflect the team's new beginning.

Votes: 34 41.5%
  • No - leave it the same, as if they'd never left in the first place.

Votes: 48 58.5%

• Total voters

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
With the sudden buzz that the Sonics are coming back to town, it made me wonder whether we should have a slightly different, newer logo, or keep the one identical to the team we lost. Sports teams redo their logos from time to time, so it would not be any big surprise.

There are pros and cons to this, as I see it. With a new logo, we have a new, fresh face to the team, something to usher in a new era of Seattle basketball. With the old, we retain the face of the franchise we lost.

So what say you folks?

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'm down with either, but if we go old, we gotta go back to the city skyline or even farther back to the original, because that one looks awesome.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Not a huge one, but a small one kind of like the Seahawks did. To show this is the new era of Sonics

Veilside

Reaction score
Throwdown":27422ywi said:
I'm down with either, but if we go old, we gotta go back to the city skyline or even farther back to the original, because that one looks awesome.

I'm with going back to the skyline logo if we go old. I hate the red in the newer logo; green, yellow and red just doesn't work well. If it was between going back to the latest logo or making a new one, I'd vote for a new one and hope it turns out better.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
2004351717.jpg

Sonics roots Vertlieb with uniform e1306084691694
I would love to go with these lighting styled Sonic jerseys.

grizbob

Reaction score
Went with leave it cause I hate changes, still pissed about the new Seahawks uniforms :mrgreen:

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Bring back the skyline logo. Never should've changed it in the first place. Iconic as hell. Have you noticed it's the main logo being used in all the retro Supes gear being sold and worn around town?

Shock2k

Reaction score
Bad mojo to keep the logo's you had when your team got Starbuck'd.

Heck I would like them to go back to the Seattle Supersonics!

[youtube]9GTQtCIPPf4[/youtube]

madbohem

Reaction score
I really don't care what the logo is. I DO care that its the Sonics.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I think they should use this logo, call them the SonicHawks and start calling the fans the 6th Man.

Sonic zps24adbe8e

dunceface

Reaction score
I would love to have the old skyline logo but the last logo we had was a newer more modern type with a retro feel which I really liked

chris98251

Reaction score
I think we should go back to the original year one logo, so far removed from Bennett that he cannot cash in on it with some damn promotion. I also hope we can get our history from the first year back of his ownership to the 1st year of the franchise. He can have everythijng from his day on since it was never the Seattle Supersonics anyway but a camoflaged Thunder team.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Beat me to it, Jazz! That's pretty funny. And it looks like folks are split pretty evenly about it.

Me, I think a new logo is definitely a good thing. It's a slight nod to the Kings, in that we're not just reverting back to exactly the way it was before and pretending they didn't come from Sacramento. It's also a fresh start, a new beginning, a point of moving forward with the franchise. And it would also be a reminder of the debacle that took them away from us for a time, something no Seattle sports fan should ever forget. Not too much of a change, just a bit. I'm thinking more the change between the Holmgren-era Seahawks logo to the current logo, not as drastic as from the original to the Holmgren-era.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
My favorite logo/uni combo was the one's they had before the last ones minus the alternate burgundy ones. Though I'm cool with the last ones.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Maybe tweak the skyline one a bit, to look more modern and change up the font to something modern too, at least that's what id like to see.