Rebuilding the Kings/Sonics

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: Rebuilding the Kings/Sonics
Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 pm
  • We have a 1st round protected pick owed to the Cavs, we have to be bad for like 3 years for them to not get it.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:38 am

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 am

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:03 pm
  • Who was the genius that orchestrated that?

All that for JJ Hickson? what in the hell?

Oh well, If Hansen and Co. want to rebuild, looks like either Evans or Cousins gotta go.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:44 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Who was the genius that orchestrated that?

All that for JJ Hickson? what in the hell?

Oh well, If Hansen and Co. want to rebuild, looks like either Evans or Cousins gotta go.

And to just release him as well. Bad ownership makes for bad basketball operations.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:19 pm
  • Pick is basically lottery protected, if they lose it...it's not that big a deal.
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:28 pm

Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:48 am

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:58 pm
  • Sounds good to me. We could use him in a three guard rotation. He is too similar to Evans, though. I think the Kings are tanking nicely for us right now, so our position just keeps getting higher. We could end up getting one of the superstars - if there are any.
    WILL PHILIP RIVERS TEST RICHARD SHERMAN'S SIDE OF THE FIELD?
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/09/10/ ... the-field/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:18 pm
  • Hmm an Oklahoma State prospect, irony at it's best...........................

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:27 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:Sounds good to me. We could use him in a three guard rotation. He is too similar to Evans, though. I think the Kings are tanking nicely for us right now, so our position just keeps getting higher. We could end up getting one of the superstars - if there are any.

The common thought is that there isn't that prospect in this years potential crop. The more I think about it, the more I think Evans will be allowed to walk this offseason, there will be a lot going on with the team, like the relocation and total rebuild of the Front Office and the inevitable coaching changes that go along with a complete tear down. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Cousins involved in a draft day trade and a few moves after for expiring contracts.

I don't think Smart is a superstar, maybe a fringe all-star player kind of a career like Rashard Lewis (not comparing them as players), but a really good contributing player who can be special for whatever team he plays for.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:38 pm
  • Sounds like a blood and guts guy, does the dirty work that greases the wheels for the highlight reel guys. very young also could deveop a lot more NBA skills that could set him apart. Sounds very John Stockton type, smart versus a pure athlete, dedicated and always looking to get better and not afraid of work.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:45 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Sounds like a blood and guts guy, does the dirty work that greases the wheels for the highlight reel guys. very young also could deveop a lot more NBA skills that could set him apart. Sounds very John Stockton type, smart versus a pure athlete, dedicated and always looking to get better and not afraid of work.

Exactly what I was trying to get across!

I see him as more Ron Artest (defensively) Meets a poor mans James Harden (offensively)
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:02 am
  • As a Kings and Seahawks fan I'd recommend getting rid of both Evans and Cousins if you get the team. Evans is a ball hog who kills ball movement. Cousins is a distraction who will only ever come around if he's on a winning vet-laden team. His bad attitude is not conducive to rebuilding. I hope the Kings stay in Sacramento and get rid of these guys.
    salamander
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:07 am
  • after watching another player to check out, Nerlens Noel. Lorddddddddddddddddddddddddd he's good!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:13 am
  • Some interesting nuggets from Stein's Weekend Dime this morning.
    6. The truth about the Sacramento (for now) Kings

More clarity on where they'll actually be playing next season is expected two weekends from now when the league's power brokers all migrate to Houston for the All-Star Game and the meetings and madness that surround it. But this isn't the place for Seattle-or-Sacramento stuff anyway.

This is the place to talk about Tyreke Evans, since DeMarcus Cousins remains firmly off-limits while the Kings are in sale limbo, according to NBA front-office sources.

As for Evans? Word is the Grizzlies would have loved to acquire him as part of the big trade that sent Gay away, but the Kings really aren't in a position to take on salary as they await clarification on who'll be buying the team from the Maloof brothers.

A couple of teams consulted have volunteered the notion that Kings GM Geoff Petrie is ready to move Evans, but you have to wonder how much shot-calling Petrie can do at the minute. The greater likelihood is that the Kings don't do anything at this deadline unless it saves money or comes in cash neutral.
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:47 am
  • I know one player I'd love to see them try and get though, Eric Bledsoe, the back up PG for the Clippers. Dude is easily a starter in this league.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:14 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I know one player I'd love to see them try and get though, Eric Bledsoe, the back up PG for the Clippers. Dude is easily a starter in this league.

He's got skills, irionically Stein actually mentioned him in that article saying he's a possible big trade chip for Pierce. However Clippers won't move him until they know if Chris Paul is gonna resign or walk, which makes alot of sense.
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:11 am
  • Omar Smart or Nerlens Noel would be my pick in the draft if given the opportunity.
    I like a little...
    Science In My Fiction
    mech.romance
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:00 pm
  • I think it's best if the current incompetant head office does nothing whatsoever and just passes on all the trade bait to the new regime Hanson will hire. He's buddies with Paul Allen. We could see a John Schnieder style rebuild.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:33 pm
  • Random question but why did Paul Allan buy the Trail Blazers rather than the Sonics before they moved? Does he live in Portland a lot?
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:40 pm
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Random question but why did Paul Allan buy the Trail Blazers rather than the Sonics before they moved? Does he live in Portland a lot?

Allen's owned the Blazers for almost 25 years.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:49 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Random question but why did Paul Allan buy the Trail Blazers rather than the Sonics before they moved? Does he live in Portland a lot?

Allen's owned the Blazers for almost 25 years.

Ahh. Thanks for clearing that up. :th2thumbs:
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:54 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I think I have a favorite prospect in this draft, already.

Marcus Smart out of Oklahoma State, NBAdraft.net has him going to the Kings(maybe sonics)

Check him out.
    http://nbadraft.net/players/marcus-smart

And a story that would endear him to Seattle fans http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... e/1850729/

Smart is legitimately good, but he needs a lot of work. Raw talent but needs good coaching to make it at the next level. he can also disappear for entire games at a time, chucks up a lot of bad shots and has trouble operating in heavy double-team situations. A LOT of these issues I attribute directly to Travis Ford being a poor coach, though. Ford's offense is not very good, defense is suspect.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:36 pm
  • Paul Allen has been a hardcore Sonics fan all his life. When he was ready to buy an NBA team he tried to buy the Sonics, but they just weren't available at the time, unfortunately. I'm sure he would've done the same thing he did with the Seahawks. Hanson could be the same kind of owner. They know each other. Sonics fans have probably just got really, really lucky.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:48 am
  • According to nbadraft.net. We are currently projected to get Shabazz Muhammad. Personally, I wouldn't be mad at this at all.

Strengths: Left handed wing with elite level speed, athleticism and skills ... Great scorer who can fill it up in a variety of ways ... Very smart, intense individual who is highly motivated and driven to be great ... Mature offensive game, already has a strong NBA body, INCREDIBLE length (appears to have a wingspan in the neighborhood of 7-feet), is a man amongst boys, very athletic and explosive ... Quick first step and handle make him difficult to contain one on one ... Improving jumpshot and handle, wired to score the ball, can physically dominate his opponents, pull up jumper and ability to put the ball on the floor have improved considerably ... Box game is very advanced for his age ... Great on the offensive glass for a 2 guard ... Knows how to work the baseline and score, terrific in transition, hard worker ... Shows signs of having a killer instinct and will assertively get on his teammates when they're not living up to his expectations ... The most prolific scorer in the country ...

Weaknesses: Has improved his jumpshot but still needs some work to become more automatic ... Relies too much on his strength ... Needs to look to impact the game in other areas besides scoring ... Too left hand dominant, ball tends to stop when it gets in his hands ... Not a great creator for teammates ... Can lose focus sometimes if not involved enough offensively ... Handle needs to tighten up. Not great at creating shots off the dribble ... Prone to offensive fouls, needs to continue to round out his overall game ...

Overall: Muhammad is a terrific long term prospect ... He can score the ball in his sleep and is just scratching the surface of his ability ... Once he improves the consistency on his jumpshot he will almost be impossible to defend, great work ethic and drive to succeed will take him a long way ...
    I like a little...
    Science In My Fiction
    mech.romance
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:05 am
  • Wouldn't be mad at all with Muhammed, dude can hoop.

He'd be a nice running partner for when the NBA hands us the #1 overall pick in 2014 for Andrew Wiggins ;)
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:29 am
  • With 135 days left until the draft, the opportunity is still there to get in a better draft position. =)
    I like a little...
    Science In My Fiction
    mech.romance
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:01 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:52 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Wouldn't be mad at all with Muhammed, dude can hoop.

He'd be a nice running partner for when the NBA hands us the #1 overall pick in 2014 for Andrew Wiggins ;)

That would be awesome! He could teach the team to use their legs as shields and to shoot between their legs!
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:21 pm
  • Bailing on the rook already...

@WojYahooNBA
    Sacramento has traded forward Thomas Robinson to the Houston Rockets, league source tells Y Sports.

@WojYahooNBA
    The Rockets will send Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich and Toney Douglas to the Kings for Thomas Robinson, sources tell Y!

@WojYahooNBA
    Along with a second-round pick, the Kings will send Francisco Garcia and Tyler Honeycutt to the Rockets, sources tell Y!
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:24 pm
  • GCrow wrote:Bailing on the rook already...

@WojYahooNBA
    Sacramento has traded forward Thomas Robinson to the Houston Rockets, league source tells Y Sports.

@WojYahooNBA
    The Rockets will send Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich and Toney Douglas to the Kings for Thomas Robinson, sources tell Y!

@WojYahooNBA
    Along with a second-round pick, the Kings will send Francisco Garcia and Tyler Honeycutt to the Rockets, sources tell Y!

Man....Robinson was the player I was very excited to get if the Kings came to Seattle.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:23 pm
  • Wow, this trade proves the Kings front office has no clue how to run a basketball team.
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:43 pm
  • There just trying to save money now, since the team isn't gonna be there's next year. Kind of smart on there part but sucks for the future Sonics.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:30 pm
  • getnasty wrote:There just trying to save money now, since the team isn't gonna be there's next year. Kind of smart on there part but sucks for the future Sonics.

How the heck is trading a guy - who you just drafted 5th overall and is 50 games into his NBA career - for basically a pack of cigarettes a smart move? (Also passing on Lillard, Barnes, Drummond & Terrence Ross)

Whats worse for you Sonics fans is that the Kings apparently briefed the new ownership group about going ahead with the deal. Though i'm not sure how much input Hansen and co. could have had.
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:45 pm
  • GCrow wrote:
    Whats worse for you Sonics fans is that the Kings apparently briefed the new ownership group about going ahead with the deal. Though i'm not sure how much input Hansen and co. could have had.

Really wish Hansen/Ballmer could have stopped this but they probably have no say at it at this point and time.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:08 pm
  • I hope they trade everybody for peanuts and rebuild it correctly here in Seattle.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:54 pm
  • GCrow wrote:
    getnasty wrote:There just trying to save money now, since the team isn't gonna be there's next year. Kind of smart on there part but sucks for the future Sonics.

How the heck is trading a guy - who you just drafted 5th overall and is 50 games into his NBA career - for basically a pack of cigarettes a smart move? (Also passing on Lillard, Barnes, Drummond & Terrence Ross)

They were briefed but nothing says that they had any power to stop the move. For all we know, they just let the ownership group know of their intentions.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:31 pm
  • They could have thrown in 4 million more (which is what the Kings saved in the trade) toward the purchase of the Kings. Really though i highly doubt they could have done anything at this point.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:23 pm
  • Lol I don't see why GCrows mad, the team sucked with or without Robinson it's not gonna make a difference.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:23 pm
  • He was the fifth overall pick from last years draft, that's why. This is obviously just the Maloofs saving on salary. I hope we don't see any more of these god damn trades! Even if he sucks, he's still trade bait - leave it for the new regiem.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:42 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Lol I don't see why GCrows mad, the team sucked with or without Robinson it's not gonna make a difference.

I'm more, just baffled...yeah they are bad regardless, however it's not like Robinson is a bad player himself. He's 21, only half a season into his career and should turn out to be a very solid player in the NBA pretty soon.

Basically they traded a guy they just spent the #5 pick on 8 months ago to save less than 4 million... :?:
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:57 am
  • I think if the move happens, I've narrowed my wants down to 3 players in the draft...

Marcus Smart PG, OK State
    James McAdoo, SF/PF, North Carolina (I don't even care where he's projected, if they don't have the #1 overall pick I'm taking him anywhere outside of the top 2 picks I think those two are for Nerlens Noel if he comes out and Ben McLemore)
    Victor Olapido, SG, Indiana
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:13 pm
  • Olipido... seriously that kid reminds me of MJ.... not as talented. but he flashes Jordan
    sainthawk29
    NET Starter

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:33 pm
  • sainthawk29 wrote:Olipido... seriously that kid reminds me of MJ.... not as talented. but he flashes Jordan

He needs some work on the jumper, but god... The guy is friggin GOOD!

Depending on what happened in the offseason, it'd be a pretty awesome back court with Evans at PG and Olapido at SG.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:40 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    sainthawk29 wrote:Olipido... seriously that kid reminds me of MJ.... not as talented. but he flashes Jordan

Depending on what happened in the offseason, it'd be a pretty awesome back court with Evans at PG and Olapido at SG.

Jordan didn't have a good jumper when he came into the league either, he worked his ass off to develop one.

I want a big man in the middle that can run and is an athlete, yeah they are hard to find but getting one is the best way to guarentee a long run of success, forwards and gaurds can be found all over.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:58 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    sainthawk29 wrote:Olipido... seriously that kid reminds me of MJ.... not as talented. but he flashes Jordan

Jordan didn't have a good jumper when he came into the league either, he worked his ass off to develop one.

I want a big man in the middle that can run and is an athlete, yeah they are hard to find but getting one is the best way to guarentee a long run of success, forwards and gaurds can be found all over.

lol Good luck with that in this draft!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:01 pm
  • Jordan might've had to develop his jump shot, but he could always jump. When he shot a jump shot it was like he was getting up on a stepladder. It was unbelievable.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:47 pm
  • lol Good luck with that in this draft!

I know, it's why I don't like trading away the 5th pick, teams that have been on top for decades get a middle guy. Lakers have traded a lot of players to get a big man whenever they need one, same with the Celtics over the years. They then build up around him. You don't have to draft one, you trade for one that has shown potential and or is a veteran from a cheap team and build up the cheap team with gaurds and forwards. Lakers have went after Chamberlin, Jabbar, Divoc, and many others over their history and maintained a championship type team.

The Kings Front Office gave up on a guy in like 5 months to save money is all, hope the Maloofs choke on the 30 million advance Hansen gave them.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:55 pm
  • If you're talking about a center, the teams coming with one of the best young big men in the game in DeMarcus Cousins, the issue with him is his attitude, I personally think if you put some good dudes around who are strong they could mentor him into maturity.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Next

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information