D'Antoni on Lakers: We have an All-Star team

JKent82

Reaction score
D'Antoni on the Lakers: "We have an All-Star team out there. Have you ever watched an All-Star game? It's God awful. Everybody gets the ball, goes 1-on-1 and plays no defense. That's us."

Hilarious honesty right there.

Throwdown

Reaction score
D'antoni saying anything about defense is hilarious, dudes a joke and the Lakers royally screwed up hiring this imposter of a basketball coach, they also screwed up getting Nash, the hell kind of fit was that? All they needed was Howard and now rumors are Howard, who was considered the future of Lakers basketball wants out and won't resign with them this offseason. Nice job Jim Buss, with no draft picks and your superstars leaving (Kobe is retiring after next season) are leaving, the outlook on that proud franchise looks almost as bleak as the Milwaukee Bucks.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Honestly, I think the only way to actually save this team from ending up in the basement is trading for young talent.

Maybe Brandon Jennings should be on their radar. I know Tyreke Evans is also on their radar, but with the current situation I don't want that!

pehawk

Reaction score
Jennings would be a nice player for them.

I say dump Howard, now, while they have the chance.

CPHawk

Reaction score
THey have an all star team, and a crap coach who can't coach D.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'd sent Howard to Brooklyn, but only if Marshon Brooks was part of the return.

pehawk

Reaction score
Wouldn't Mario Lopez have to be sent to LA for it to work?

Throwdown

Reaction score
pehawk":1f5q1hx5 said:
Wouldn't Mario Lopez have to be sent to LA for it to work?

Brook? Yep, that'd be a very very nice piece, but Marshon Brooks is a good 2 guard with a bright future outside of Brooklyn because Brooklyn has Joe Johnson for the now and the foreseeable future.

Brooks would be a nice heir apparent to Kobe, probably won't be a superstar but he'd be a very important cog of the team for years.

pehawk

Reaction score
The Mario part was a joke, keep up Throw, goollleee!! (Serena and Venus never played for the Vikings either)

When Kobe finally retires, it'll be a huge adjustment period. Love me the Mamba...every aspect of the dude. I dont even like to think about the NBA without him.

"What do you have to say about this championship?"
"Well, its one more than Shaq...."

pehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3qahbvtx said:
Throw, Mario lopez was the blonde guy on 'Saved by the Bell'. He's now on that show in TNT about the two young lawyers - Rizoli and Isles.

Mario also came out, not too long ago, and married Marc Anthony.

Fricking mexicans...

GCrow

Reaction score
I just can't see the Lakers finding a partner for Dwight that both sides would do. If your another GM you gotta be thinking he's a UFA in the offseason and outside of Brooklyn you really have no clue if he's going to re-sign with you. Plus his trade value is plummeting so any offers the Lakers might get from teams they'll reject. Outside of Lopez who would the Lakers want from that roster that the Nets would trade (Don't think Brooks is enough)? Mark Cuban would definetly give Mitch Kupchak a call, but who the heck can he offer as well? Also could see Houston trying to work something out with Omer Asik and filler but Lakers probably wouldn't bite. They'd be better of getting rid of Gasol (which they probably will) even though his value has been hurt more than Howard's.

Now if Dwight requests a trade - which wouldn't suprise me in the least - then who knows what the hell happens.

Throwdown

Reaction score
If its Brooklyn or Dallas, they're both up against their caps. A lot of insentive to put together a trade for Howard.