Sacramento Kings Fan here

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: Sacramento Kings Fan here
Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:02 pm
  • I've always commended them for the move. I just don't like the idea of trolling OKC, I think there were better ways to keep us visible after the movie.

Now the dudes from Sactown Royalty could easily take the idea and apply it to troll us. I don't want that, I want the dads who have been eyeing tickets for a while to get a chance to buy them and take their sons or daughters to see a Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant, or Carmelo Anthony, and not go to some guy who decided he feels like he needs to make a statement.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:44 pm
  • Do you feel that they were trolling OKC fans though or making sure that they were still seen? I don't know what else they could have done? What's going to attract more attention, attending random games? The biggest impact will always be to attend high profile OKC games in OKC or when they travel to Portland.

I could see how that might bother you but I think what they've done is make sure that people realize that the Sonics were not forgotten. Our fans did not give out on the team, Kings fans did not give out on their team. Sonicsgate (which I can't watch; it's too infuriating) is the story how fans are the ones left holding the bill when the League, ownerships and local government doesn't fight for them.

I don't know how many dads are going to buy floor seats behind the team bench for their kids. I have never heard anyone from Sonicsgate speak disparagingly about the fans of OKC. Sonicsgate is actively supporting Sacramento's efforts to keep their team or educate them on what they can do to keep the fight going.

Every fan knew that the best option for the Sonics' return was franchise relocation (expansion was never a feasible idea). That means that every team was in jeopardy of losing their team. Now is the NBA standing pat and allowing Hansen to fool the city into thinking he has any interest in keeping the team in Sacramento... of course not. Per Aubrey McClendon, "We didn't buy the team to keep it in ______." Now there is no fake efforts or demands for a 100% entire public-funded arena.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:51 am
  • Well, when Hansen entered an agreement to pay for most of an arena project all that went out the window, how dumb do you think the people of Sacramento are if you think Hansen would do what Bennett did?

I think the movie they did was more than enough though, I think after the impact of the movie was felt it was time to focus on the root of the issue of why they aren't here, an Arena. But everyone played a role in whats happened now. The Sonicsgate guys for keeping the proof that the fans were still around, and Brian Robinson with Arena Solutions. Even though I don't particularly like some of their methods, I can still appreciate what they've done.

But! I think we can agree on this.

Thank the lord for Chris Hansen, and what he's done for us.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:16 pm
  • sammyc521 wrote:Everyone should try to avoid being this douchebag:

It's cool to get excited about the Kings roster or watching them and thinking about them being the Sonics... but don't be a turd and be this guy.

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:32 pm
  • sammyc521 wrote:
    sammyc521 wrote:Everyone should try to avoid being this douchebag:

It's cool to get excited about the Kings roster or watching them and thinking about them being the Sonics... but don't be a turd and be this guy.

Yeah, what an jerk.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:20 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:Is he at a Kings game? If so he's for sure a dick.
    P.S. OKC has Payton and Watts OKC Thunder jersies in their ring of honor.

You sure about that? I have seen pics of the interior of their arena and haven't seen them.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:24 pm
  • I've come to grips with the reality that I don't care that much about Sacramento fans for me not to get a team to root for in Seattle.

I think the better option would be a new franchise... actually the better option would our team never leaving.

Sorry Kings fans, I want a team.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:53 pm
  • I f that pic is in OKC I have not problems, if it's in Sac then it is pretty tasteless. Reason being the circumstances on which the two situations have come about. Us bought by a douchebag liar. Sac presently owned by a doucebag family and were going in under no pretence to not move them.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:49 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:Is he at a Kings game? If so he's for sure a dick.
    P.S. OKC has Payton and Watts OKC Thunder jersies in their ring of honor.

Wrong. I'd love to know where these silly rumors are being perpetuated. There is no Ring of Honor at Chesapeake arena.

And for those wondering, that pic of that Sonics douche is NOT at Chesapeake arena. Looks like he trolled a random Kings game somewhere.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:54 pm
  • It was at the Verizon center in DC I believe
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:56 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:I f that pic is in OKC I have not problems, if it's in Sac then it is pretty tasteless. Reason being the circumstances on which the two situations have come about. Us bought by a douchebag liar. Sac presently owned by a doucebag family and were going in under no pretence to not move them.

This pic was taken in Wash DC when the Bullets... I mean Wizards were playing the Kings.

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Next

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information