Thank You KJ

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Thank You KJ
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:57 pm
  • Until today I wasn't very happy about getting a team from another city and forcing that other city to lose theirs. I know how gut wrenching and heart breaking it was for me. I wouldn't want to wish that on anybody, most especially a city with just one sport. But after your comments today, you have alleviated those feelings in me. After having played against the Sonics in your career, played against us here in Seattle, you disrespect this fan base by saying we didn't compare to your pathetic excuse of support? Hit us below the belt eh? Now I want your team more than ever, just so I can see you squirm and whine some more.
    Downright thuggish.
    Blitzfan
    * NET Alumni *

Re: Thank You KJ
Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:02 pm
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:08 pm
  • Find some of old clips of his playing days, you'll see TONS of whining. It's all that lil bastard did. His own teammates named him Desert Princess.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 pm
  • What do you expect for him to say? He has to get re-elected in Sacramento not Seattle. To him and their fans, Seattle is just OKC re-packaged. We may not feel that way but do you really think this is going down without a lot of blood spilled (figuratively) and emotions running high?

Yeah, no need to bash the Seattle fans but he needs to fire a shot across the fans bow as well as the Mayor's who is trumpeting up the purchase contract. I would just tune out anything from Sactown, not visit their sites and skip anything on twitter coming from Sactown or our local media guys who are reporting the blow-by-blow.

Folks are laughing at the 20 $1M dollar donors. Until you see the NBA has approved the sale and relocation is happening, I would try chilling. Once you get the team, then send KJ a nice steaming pile of pooh if you want. I saw the quotes. At least their city hall supports keeping them and they just may fool folks and get it done.

EDIT: "sale" not "sell"
    Last edited by drdiags on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:40 pm
  • Didn't like him as a player, though I admire his passion as a mayor to try and save his team, if that lardass former mayor of Seattle had that passion we'd never have lost the Supes! KJ needs to work on his facts however, so many statements he said today were flat out inaccurate. Ring the bell this is a done deal for the Sonics coming back!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:43 pm
  • drdiags wrote:What do you expect for him to say? He has to get re-elected in Sacramento not Seattle. To him and their fans, Seattle is just OKC re-packaged. We may not feel that way but do you really think this is going down without a lot of blood spilled (figuratively) and emotions running high?

Yeah, no need to bash the Seattle fans but he needs to fire a shot across the fans bow as well as the Mayor's who is trumpeting up the purchase contract. I would just tune out anything from Sactown, not visit their sites and skip anything on twitter coming from Sactown or our local media guys who are reporting the blow-by-blow.

Folks are laughing at the 20 $1M dollar donors. Until you see the NBA has approved the sell and relocation is happening, I would try chilling. Once you get the team, then send KJ a nice steaming pile of pooh if you want. I saw the quotes. At least their city hall supports keeping them and they just may fool folks and get it done.

I think they'll end up with an expansion team a couple years down the road.

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:10 pm
  • Not trying to troll, but I will say that I find all of these dynamics very interesting. It is my sincere hope that some perspective is gained by all involved in both moves through this.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:16 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Not trying to troll, but I will say that I find all of these dynamics very interesting. It is my sincere hope that some perspective is gained by all involved in both moves through this.

Meh....... you may want to sit this one out Sparky.

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 pm
  • I never felt bad, I didn't feel anything except excitement. KJ can suck it when them moving trucks pull away.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:26 pm
  • Um, KJ was pretty sick.
    SkittlerLynching
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:28 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Not trying to troll, but I will say that I find all of these dynamics very interesting. It is my sincere hope that some perspective is gained by all involved in both moves through this.

Well he isn't feinting stupid and just pacifying people for votes like Nickels was in sucking off the whole OKC bunch and smiling with drool on his face when they got their 40 million supposedly for sending the Sonics to OKC.

Johnson may be taking a few shots but whether accurate or not it gives people food for thought.

Also he's not fighting a bunch of liars and half truths by the purchasers, Hansen is buying them to move them. Unlike that lieing carpetbegger Bennett making a bunch of half hearted news conferences saying how dedicated he is to keeping a team here and that he wants to help the team be successful in Seattle once again and is willing to work with the city to get a arena deal worked out. Schultz and the asswipes at Starbucks claiming they are losing money and he needs to focus there etc.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:18 pm
  • Half of Seattle used to live in Cali, might as well bring a team with them.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 pm
  • That is odd. Yahoo must have cut out all of his negative against Seattle comments as he seemed pretty even keel in the article I read saying that we shouldn't get too excited just yet as he obviously tries to find local owners to keep them in Sacramento.

I say just keep calm and lets see how it all ends up working.
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:53 pm
  • SkittlerLynching wrote:Um, KJ was pretty sick.

ya i thought so too, wasn't a sun fan but i was a KJ fan....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:00 am
  • I agree with Dr. Diags post. If KJ was in Seattle, he would be viewed differently. Because he's the Sacramento mayor trying to save the team from moving, he's the "devil". I don't blame him. I wish we had a mayor and leaders like him and city of Sacramento when the Sonics were being moved. Maybe things could have been different.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:09 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:I agree with Dr. Diags post. If KJ was in Seattle, he would be viewed differently. Because he's the Sacramento mayor trying to save the team from moving, he's the "devil". I don't blame him. I wish we had a mayor and leaders like him and city of Sacramento when the Sonics were being moved. Maybe things could have been different.

I wish we had someone with half the guts he does. Dudes gonna go down fighting for Sacramento, its a shame our people didn't do that.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:15 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Not trying to troll, but I will say that I find all of these dynamics very interesting. It is my sincere hope that some perspective is gained by all involved in both moves through this.

Meh....... you may want to sit this one out Sparky.

Better advice seldom given.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information