Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Michael Jordan is a hater
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:33 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1589
Wilt's problem was that he wasn't consumed by winning(much like Lebron). When he lead the league in assists, he did so because he wanted to lead the league in assists that year. He was probably the most dominating player to ever play the game, and if he cared more, its insane to imagine what he would've done. He was always compared to Bill Russell, and they duked it out, a lot. But I think Wilt took some pride in not letting winning or losing completely define him, he had other things in life he chose to do. Bill Russell would puke before games and just be utterly relentless and singleminded, much like Jordan and Larry Bird.

Oscar is often forgotten in the "greatest ever" discussion, and I think its because he was such an angry prick and a horrible teammate. Just an absolutely unbelievable player.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michael Jordan is a hater
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:36 am 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18023
Location: Spokane, Wa.
seahawk2k wrote:
Wilt's problem was that he wasn't consumed by winning(much like Lebron). When he lead the league in assists, he did so because he wanted to lead the league in assists that year. He was probably the most dominating player to ever play the game, and if he cared more, its insane to imagine what he would've done. He was always compared to Bill Russell, and they duked it out, a lot. But I think Wilt took some pride in not letting winning or losing completely define him, he had other things in life he chose to do. Bill Russell would puke before games and just be utterly relentless and singleminded, much like Jordan and Larry Bird.

Oscar is often forgotten in the "greatest ever" discussion, and I think its because he was such an angry prick and a horrible teammate. Just an absolutely unbelievable player.



Angry is just about right. I think MJ, Bird, Oscar, Russell, would have ran over their Grandmother during crunch time. lol

:les:

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michael Jordan is a hater
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:39 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17548
Location: Graham, WA
The Radish wrote:
seahawk2k wrote:
Wilt's problem was that he wasn't consumed by winning(much like Lebron). When he lead the league in assists, he did so because he wanted to lead the league in assists that year. He was probably the most dominating player to ever play the game, and if he cared more, its insane to imagine what he would've done. He was always compared to Bill Russell, and they duked it out, a lot. But I think Wilt took some pride in not letting winning or losing completely define him, he had other things in life he chose to do. Bill Russell would puke before games and just be utterly relentless and singleminded, much like Jordan and Larry Bird.

Oscar is often forgotten in the "greatest ever" discussion, and I think its because he was such an angry prick and a horrible teammate. Just an absolutely unbelievable player.



Angry is just about right. I think MJ, Bird, Oscar, Russell, would have ran over their Grandmother during crunch time. lol

:les:


They were, don't forget Kobe though. Kobe is a mean, mean man when the game is on the line.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michael Jordan is a hater
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1245
Kobe's big insecurity is that he's never won anything without Shack. Let's not pretend Pippin was any big shakes - Jordan got his solo.

_________________
IS PETE CARROLL GOING TO THE HALL OF FAME?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/23/ ... l-of-fame/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michael Jordan is a hater
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:31 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17548
Location: Graham, WA
Lords of Scythia wrote:
Kobe's big insecurity is that he's never won anything without Shack. Let's not pretend Pippin was any big shakes - Jordan got his solo.


He got one just a few years back with Pau.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michael Jordan is a hater
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:58 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Throwdown wrote:
Lords of Scythia wrote:
Kobe's big insecurity is that he's never won anything without Shack. Let's not pretend Pippin was any big shakes - Jordan got his solo.


He got one just a few years back with Pau.


"How does it feel to get your 5th ring Kobe?" - Reporter
"Feels great, one more than Shaq" - Kobe

Kobe cemented himself as a top 5 all-time with the last ring.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michael Jordan is a hater
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1245
I thought he might've won one without the big fella, but feeling sort of too hungover and apathetic right now to check. That's an insecure comment, anyway.

_________________
IS PETE CARROLL GOING TO THE HALL OF FAME?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/23/ ... l-of-fame/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michael Jordan is a hater
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:18 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Lords of Scythia wrote:
Kobe's big insecurity is that he's never won anything without Shack. Let's not pretend Pippin was any big shakes - Jordan got his solo.


Wow. You're hugely underrating Scottie Pippen, imo. I think he's better then anybody Lebron has ever played with, including D Wade. Pippen almost won a championship with Portland. He was never a 30 points per game scorer but he could do everything on the basketball court really well.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michael Jordan is a hater
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:25 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:10 pm
Posts: 792
Lebron is not even in the conversation with Jordan. He's got an average mid range game and no post game. The man relies almost entirely on his physical abilities.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michael Jordan is a hater
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:19 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9234
Location: Renton Wa.
Pippen did the little things like play defense, set picks, pass, he was a point forward really. True greatness isn't always being the highest scorer, it's being able to adjust your game to compliment your team also and do the stuff needed. Most here probably don't even remember what a great player Paul Silas was, he could'nt shoot the ball if he had a 10 foot wide bucket, but he won championships because he did everything else that nobody wanted or was willing to do. Rebounding demon.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michael Jordan is a hater
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 2657
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michael Jordan is a hater
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:09 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17548
Location: Graham, WA
Greenhell wrote:
Image


Weak argument, bruh.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michael Jordan is a hater
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 2657
Throwdown wrote:
Greenhell wrote:
Image


Weak argument, bruh.


Weak as it may, funny nonetheless. :mrgreen:


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: InSuarezWeTrust and 8 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.