Michael Jordan is a hater

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: Michael Jordan is a hater
Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:33 am
  • Wilt's problem was that he wasn't consumed by winning(much like Lebron). When he lead the league in assists, he did so because he wanted to lead the league in assists that year. He was probably the most dominating player to ever play the game, and if he cared more, its insane to imagine what he would've done. He was always compared to Bill Russell, and they duked it out, a lot. But I think Wilt took some pride in not letting winning or losing completely define him, he had other things in life he chose to do. Bill Russell would puke before games and just be utterly relentless and singleminded, much like Jordan and Larry Bird.

Oscar is often forgotten in the "greatest ever" discussion, and I think its because he was such an angry prick and a horrible teammate. Just an absolutely unbelievable player.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:36 am
  • seahawk2k wrote:Wilt's problem was that he wasn't consumed by winning(much like Lebron). When he lead the league in assists, he did so because he wanted to lead the league in assists that year. He was probably the most dominating player to ever play the game, and if he cared more, its insane to imagine what he would've done. He was always compared to Bill Russell, and they duked it out, a lot. But I think Wilt took some pride in not letting winning or losing completely define him, he had other things in life he chose to do. Bill Russell would puke before games and just be utterly relentless and singleminded, much like Jordan and Larry Bird.

Oscar is often forgotten in the "greatest ever" discussion, and I think its because he was such an angry prick and a horrible teammate. Just an absolutely unbelievable player.

Angry is just about right. I think MJ, Bird, Oscar, Russell, would have ran over their Grandmother during crunch time. lol

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:39 am
  • The Radish wrote:
    seahawk2k wrote:Wilt's problem was that he wasn't consumed by winning(much like Lebron). When he lead the league in assists, he did so because he wanted to lead the league in assists that year. He was probably the most dominating player to ever play the game, and if he cared more, its insane to imagine what he would've done. He was always compared to Bill Russell, and they duked it out, a lot. But I think Wilt took some pride in not letting winning or losing completely define him, he had other things in life he chose to do. Bill Russell would puke before games and just be utterly relentless and singleminded, much like Jordan and Larry Bird.

Angry is just about right. I think MJ, Bird, Oscar, Russell, would have ran over their Grandmother during crunch time. lol

:les:

They were, don't forget Kobe though. Kobe is a mean, mean man when the game is on the line.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:31 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:Kobe's big insecurity is that he's never won anything without Shack. Let's not pretend Pippin was any big shakes - Jordan got his solo.

He got one just a few years back with Pau.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:58 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Lords of Scythia wrote:Kobe's big insecurity is that he's never won anything without Shack. Let's not pretend Pippin was any big shakes - Jordan got his solo.

He got one just a few years back with Pau.

"How does it feel to get your 5th ring Kobe?" - Reporter
    "Feels great, one more than Shaq" - Kobe

Kobe cemented himself as a top 5 all-time with the last ring.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:02 pm

Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:18 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:Kobe's big insecurity is that he's never won anything without Shack. Let's not pretend Pippin was any big shakes - Jordan got his solo.

Wow. You're hugely underrating Scottie Pippen, imo. I think he's better then anybody Lebron has ever played with, including D Wade. Pippen almost won a championship with Portland. He was never a 30 points per game scorer but he could do everything on the basketball court really well.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:25 pm
  • Lebron is not even in the conversation with Jordan. He's got an average mid range game and no post game. The man relies almost entirely on his physical abilities.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:19 pm
  • Pippen did the little things like play defense, set picks, pass, he was a point forward really. True greatness isn't always being the highest scorer, it's being able to adjust your game to compliment your team also and do the stuff needed. Most here probably don't even remember what a great player Paul Silas was, he could'nt shoot the ball if he had a 10 foot wide bucket, but he won championships because he did everything else that nobody wanted or was willing to do. Rebounding demon.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:01 pm
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:09 pm
  • Greenhell wrote:Image

Weak argument, bruh.