Heading to the Races today

Largent80

Reaction score
NHRA is in town and Ima goin...... gonna be 80 degrees today !!!!!

This pic was from Friday,

Boom zpsecfda044

The Radish

Reaction score
Get us up to date on the John Force Team for 2013.

Is Brittany really running a top fuel car?

And has Mike really gone back to straight wrenching? (For John I would hope, since John was last winning with him as crew chief.)

And have a great time!

:th2thumbs:

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
The Radish":2n3lo3yd said:
Get us up to date on the John Force Team for 2013.

Is Brittany really running a top fuel car?

And has Mike really gone back to straight wrenching? (For John I would hope, since John was last winning with him as crew chief.)

And have a great time!

:th2thumbs:

Neff is turning wrenches for John and it was his choice to be crew chief, I saw Brittney make 2 passes in her TF car. and Coutney nabbed the #1 qualifying run today.

So basically it is Robert Hight, Courtney, and John racing this year in AA/FC, and Brittney in T/F.

It was awesome out there today, 83 degrees and tons of hot women without much clothing on, oh and really fast cars.

In one section they had about 100 nostalgia cars. One was Tommy Ivos front engined dragster, and a few AA/FA's, one made a pass and ended up taking out the timing cones...hahaha, and they fired up a bunch of them. My wife went with me and she loved it. Good times.

The Radish

Reaction score
Thanks much Rob. Saw the last of the qualifying runs on TV. Now have to remember to watch today. Surprised at John's slow qualifiyng time but would wager he will do better this season with Mike in charge again.

That Courtney might be the true replacement for John Boy. If she does well again this year I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs up driving.

Can tell its the first event of the season, everybody and his dog breaking or crashing. Pedragon has my blessing, I only wish he had damaged the second body so badly he couldn't continue. Thought his old man Frank was a great guy can't believe Tony is even related. lol

What happened with the nose of that Pro Stock being duct taped together? Missed whether he bumped someone or the body came undone from wind. Boy all those pro guys going over 200. Isn't that something? Also what was with them allowing them to cross the ready line and work on that tape while he was almost staged. Have they changed the rule about no crew member being allowed across the ready line once the car has crossed?

Questions, questions. lol

And talk about spectacular explosions! Wish I could have been there. Just glad I got to see Pomona the year Don showed up with that "funny looking" rear engined dragster.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I'll answer your question about Jason Lines car. Pro stocks get pulled up the staging lanes by golf carts, and Line was looking elsewhere and the cart pulling his car had stopped and he ran into it. They used "200 mph tape" to allow him to make his run..

I got nostalgic after seeing all those old cars and looked up info on my home track O.C.I.R after we got home, and I found this excellent page explaining the birth and death of the track. I flew down to see the last race from Seattle in 1982/83 which Kenny Bernstein won. It was a bittersweet time and sad that the only one left in the drag racing womb is Pomona, but glad it is still here.

http://www.nhra.com/blog/dragster-insid ... /31/33703/

Maybe you can make it for the finals in November.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
How'd you like Antron going up in flames?

Glad he's alright, what a way to open the season.

The Radish

Reaction score
Hope he was ok seems like a nice kid and a terrific driver.

Did he cross the finish line before getting out of his lane?

:les:

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
That's a good question, it looks like he does. Not sure though. I just read that he was crossing the finish line when it exploded, and counting it out...it looks as if that is indeed the case.