Greatest NBA Player Ever

Who is the greatest NBA player of all time?

• Michael Jordan

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • LeBron James

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters

seahawks875

Reaction score
Simple question: who's the greatest NBA player of all time?
Michael Jordan or Lebron (or other):
I say LeBron

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Michael Jordan. When the game's on the line, when you need a general to step up and take charge of the squad on the floor, when you need that extra push, MJ ALL DAY!

chris98251

Reaction score
Chamberlin, Oscar Robinson, Davis Thompson, Jordan, Magic, Abdul Jabbar, Moses Malone Bill Russell, all better then Labron James. due to they would do whatever it took to win and played better at Money time then any other time.

James has yet to show me he can take things over when everyone expects him to and still succeed while making his team better.

I would go farther yet and say Dennis Johnson was a more complete player, defense, offense, assists and rebounding. He did what was needed any given night to help both the Sonics and the Celtics later win.

OP
OP
S

seahawks875

Reaction score
chris98251":bwf22uky said:
Chamberlin, Oscar Robinson, Davis Thompson, Jordan, Magic, Abdul Jabbar, Moses Malone Bill Russell, all better then Labron James. due to they would do whatever it took to win and played better at Money time then any other time.

James has yet to show me he can take things over when everyone expects him to and still succeed while making his team better.

I would go farther yet and say Dennis Johnson was a more complete player, defense, offense, assists and rebounding. He did what was needed any given night to help both the Sonics and the Celtics later win.
You're saying Lebron can't take a game over, did you see him score 40 against Boston to force game 7 last year, or when he scored 25 straight against Detroit. LeBron can play defense, shoot the 3, play in the post, and is unstoppable when he is driving to the hoop. People that say Lebron isn't the greatest of all time are crazy, and when people said he went to Miami cause he couldn't win a title on his own, no one won a title on thier own. MJ had Pippen, Rodman and Kerr, and one o the greatest coaches ever. Basketball is much better now because everyone is better athletes, Lebron is by FAR the best player ever. I don't think it's even remotely close between MJ and Lebron. MJ would not be as good in today's NBA

chris98251

Reaction score
He can't take a game over when it means something and is counted on, he doesn't make the other players on the floor better.

Chamberlin scored over a 100 points and routinely scored 50 plus in his career, played defense and passed the ball, Robinson could hit any shot and pass and play defense when everyone on the floor was a threat. James is a me first player to full of his entitlements to be anything other then a statistic in a long line of players. Pete Maravich had more offense then James has and could pass a ball through a eye of a needle, never played defense though. If James is so great on defense where is his all defense team recognition?

I seen all the players I listed play, eyeball test says it all, there is no IT factor with James, it's all about the ME factor.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
seahawks875":vlyw61ua said:
chris98251":vlyw61ua said:

You're saying Lebron can't take a game over, did you see him score 40 against Boston to force game 7 last year, or when he scored 25 straight against Detroit. LeBron can play defense, shoot the 3, play in the post, and is unstoppable when he is driving to the hoop. People that say Lebron isn't the greatest of all time are crazy, and when people said he went to Miami cause he couldn't win a title on his own, no one won a title on thier own. MJ had Pippen, Rodman and Kerr, and one o the greatest coaches ever. Basketball is much better now because everyone is better athletes, Lebron is by FAR the best player ever. I don't think it's even remotely close between MJ and Lebron. MJ would not be as good in today's NBA
No offense, but how old are you? Basketball is better now? That's ludicrous? MJ and Lebron aren't even remotely close? That's downright insanity.

Lebron wouldn't be s..t in the 90's.

chris98251

Reaction score
No offense, but how old are you? Basketball is better now? That's ludicrous? MJ and Lebron aren't even remotely close? That's downright insanity.

Lebron wouldn't be s..t in the 90's.

If you want to see a player that can take a game up a notch look no further then the Glove, at Money time he was nothing short of a phenom. He could push his team mates to levels that were not beleivable while taking over the floor as a scorer if needed on defense and got everyone on his team involved making passes and setting them up to score.

Thats the part of the game Lebron doesn't have.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I think that every generation thinks their players are the greatest. The Lebron fan probably never saw Jordan play. Jordan was a better defender, leader, shooter, dribber, smarter player than Lebron is. Lebron is a physical freak that has harnessed those gifts but not expanded on them.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Agreed whole-heartedly brother. I feel like I can speak honestly about Jordan because I've never been a fan. Payton was and is my favorite player of all time. Nobody shut down Jordan in the playoffs like GP did. The crazy thing is though, Jordan still scored almost 30 a game. That battle will always be my favorite basketball moment of all time. Especially finally seeing GP dunk with Jordan chasing him.

chris98251

Reaction score
I guess what many of us see is a complete player, not a player that has been given mad skills. Skills, court smarts, vision, leading, being able to be unselfish and read a situation to keep the rest of the team involved in the game. So many of the little things that when it comes to crucial times make up the difference of a great player vs a legend of the game.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't see a "me me me" factor in 'Bron's game at all, I do think that is what propelled MJ to greatness though. MJ held so many chips on his shoulder from his past experiences, that it literally made his the best player in the game. But I don't believe for one second that LeBron is a selfish player, if you want selfish look no further than Allen Iverson or even now its Carmelo Anthony. Lebron though is going down as a top 5 player thats ever played the game, whether some of the older people nostalgia lets that be accepted or not.

But where is Luke Ridnour on these options? I NEED TO KNOW?

soohawk

Reaction score
lebron just started to tap into his potential, he will win a few more rings but he isn't micheal jordan. jordan is wired differently than lebron, same with bill russell.

this is all personal opinion but bill russell is the best player to ever lace them up. period.

Spounge84

Reaction score
Throwdown":1gtqzhaq said:
I don't see a "me me me" factor in 'Bron's game at all, I do think that is what propelled MJ to greatness though. MJ held so many chips on his shoulder from his past experiences, that it literally made his the best player in the game. But I don't believe for one second that LeBron is a selfish player, if you want selfish look no further than Allen Iverson or even now its Carmelo Anthony. Lebron though is going down as a top 5 player thats ever played the game, whether some of the older people nostalgia lets that be accepted or not.

But where is Luke Ridnour on these options? I NEED TO KNOW?

Top 5 in terms of talent and ability? Sure. But top 5 all time? He's got quite a lot more work to do to reach that IMO. Though I do agree with you about the supposed selfishness that others are seeing in LeBron.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I would take Larry Bird over Labron any day and Larry is nothing athleticly to Labron.

But when it comes to making people better, and big game moments there is no comparison between the two.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ask me again when Lebron is done. Right now I'd vote Jordan. But I think Lebron could take Jordan in a game of 1 on 1. He'd outmuscle him.

Rat

Reaction score
Did somebody really call LeBron a selfish player? He was getting ripped endlessly last season for not being selfish enough in the fourth quarter of games.

LeBron is probably the most gifted player I've ever seen. Doesn't mean he's the best, but historically, I think he's already much better than he's given credit for.