Lord, please forgive me

Throwdown

Reaction score
It just dawned on me after Friday Night, and about a week ago I watched the Thunder vs both the Nuggets, and Wolves and I didn't get angry watching. I didn't flip the channel eventually because I couldn't take watching them, its almost like they're just a team that I no longer feel any type of emotional connection to, granted I rooted against 'em thats a given. But I'm also going to admit this, and please forgive me guys, I love watching Serge Ibaka! I could give a damn about Kevin Durant or Westbrook, Ibaka's pretty fun to watch though.

Am I healed because of Chris Hansen bringing hope into the hearts of Sonics fans? or Did am I doing the unthinkable and becoming mature? I dunno man, it was an odd feeling when it dawned on me, that I wasn't pissed looking at those ugly uniforms, the regular and that hideous alternate.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Well if they exile me from washington, ill just kick it with you then lol

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm the opposite, I got REAL angry watching the Durantula Sunday Conversation. It REALLY pissed me off. He's a franchise changing type, and unlike the M's and Seahawlks those ALWAYS land with the Sonics. I'll let it go the moment the Sonics draft a guy I put on a comprable level. A Chambers/Ellis/Payton/Kemp/Allen type.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I haven't cared about that Oklahoma team since before they moved. Piece of shyte.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well we can always toss you in a pit and piss on ya, if some splashback gets on Peaches it's all good.

Can't wait for the Sonics to get here so we can bury the Thunder talk and focus on Sonics, we will be shit for a while, but we at least have the clay to work with to mold into something.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I really like both Ibaka and Westbrook. Both amazingly fun to watch play. Hate Perkins. Durant bores me even though he's a great talent. Got to thank Peaches and the Thunder for sending Eric Maynor to the Blazers for nothing. Career high 12 assists for him last night.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I still get upset when I see highlights and the like. Because of that I try to stay away from watching them play.

kearly

Reaction score
I thought I'd be a Thunder fan after they left, just like many LA Rams fans didn't drop their allegiance when they moved to St. Louis.

Didn't happen though. The NBA just isn't my kind of sport, I guess. I haven't really cared about it since the Michael Jordan days. Totally serious, I'd take an NHL team over the NBA at this point for Seattle's next franchise. After experiencing the Sakic/Roy era in the early 2000s while living in Colorado, I've always wanted to experience something like that for a Seattle team. Great playoff Hockey is about as intense as it gets.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
I never got into hockey, I went to a few Sabercats games when they were in Tacoma, dunno where they are now and those were fun. When the NHL does come I'll probably check a game out to see what it's like.

Basketballs a little different though, it was the first sport I ever got into and it's been something so big in my life, me and my pops can sit an watch basketball for a full day with no issue lol. Its also how I met all 3 of my closest friends.

Btw Ibaka is to me what Wilson is to you, kearly. I was tooting that horn a few years back for the Sonics to draft him, they did but it was too little too late, he wasn't gonna be on my team haha.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
He didn't hit him in the dick. He hit him on the thigh and then grabbed his dick. Way worse.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Griffin's got more restraint than I have, it would've been a brawl after I recovered from the blow.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":2verl29e said:
Well if they exile me from washington, ill just kick it with you then lol
You are officially exiled

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
pehawk":28ashro8 said:
I'm the opposite, I got REAL angry watching the Durantula Sunday Conversation. It REALLY pissed me off. He's a franchise changing type, and unlike the M's and Seahawlks those ALWAYS land with the Sonics. I'll let it go the moment the Sonics draft a guy I put on a comprable level. A Chambers/Ellis/Payton/Kemp/Allen type.
You don't think Wilson is a franchise changer?

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":cord9fs0 said:
pehawk":cord9fs0 said:
You don't think Wilson is a franchise changer?

He was talkng in terms in basketball, and he's right. The Sonics always ended up with face of the franchise type guys, in my time on this earth it was Kemp & Payton, and that turned into Ray Allen's time here, and then the one season with Durant.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
It's ok man. I had to watch 'em last year in the finals (thank god they lost!).

I can stand watching them on the road. It's very difficult to watch them at home with the crowd.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1rlgg49e said:
It's ok man. I had to watch 'em last year in the finals (thank god they lost!).

I can stand watching them on the road. It's very difficult to watch them at home with the crowd.

lol I think those playoffs made me a semi-fan of the Heat honestly, I can sit and watch a full Heat game, and I'll get excited when James or Wade do something, pump fists in a key defensive stop, its weird. But it was kind of a sigh of relief when OKC lost, they kept every game close in that series, it was horrifying at times to watch those games.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I was rooting against them too in the finals. Everything feels different this year. I stopped giving a shite this year even before the Sonics thing emerged. Sometimes you just got to move on down the road.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":u696aoo7 said:
I was rooting against them too in the finals. Everything feels different this year. I stopped giving a shite this year even before the Sonics thing emerged. Sometimes you just got to move on down the road.

I think I gave it up after Chris Hansen came forward, I still hate the team, root against them but they're so far removed now in terms of players, I no longer feel anything connected to them. In my eyes, that is Oklahoma's team.

Latest posts