NBA Playoffs

pehawk

Reaction score
I wish the Nuggets were healthy heading into the Playoffs...I think they would've won the West.

Now?

The West is interesting for only two reasons; when will the Spurs fail and how many games does it take OKC to reach the Finals?

Similar in the East...I believe the Pacers are dinged up...and thats the one team that COULD'VE pushed the Heat.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Miami Heat will be back in the finals most likely against OKC and beat them again. That is my personal opinion.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Agree Man. But, before injuries, the Nuggets and Pacers couldve made noise. Those injuries made the playoffs seem like a formality.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Nuggets definitely could have made a run in West but Pacers unlikely. Pacers have size on Miami but they can't keep up with their pace and flow on the court. I believe Knicks are the only team which can give Miami a headache. Even with that in mind they can only do so if they shoot consistently and keep low number of turnovers.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Good point on the Knicks. I forgot how well the match-up with the Heat.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I dont think anybody can compete with the Heat in a 7 game series. I think they roll relatively easily.

I'm saying Memphis makes it out of the west, in an upset.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think it's a rematch of last year.

The Clippers vs Memphis series should be good.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Warriors vs Nuggets could be another sleeper series.

Throwdown

Reaction score
pehawk":f3wpi46q said:
Warriors vs Nuggets could be another sleeper series.

Thats going to be a crazy fun one to watch.

The East has some pretty boring match ups, the only one I'm interested in watching is Brooklyn vs Chicago, of course I'll watch the Heat games because for some reason I mowzied my ass onto their bandwagon when I realized I was rooting for them as hard as I would my own teams.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2ffrasxm said:
I'll all in on the Lakers. Why? Why not!

If they had Mamba, aka the Ray Lewis of hoops, I would be with you. But Pau and Dwight are pansies.

Throwdown

Reaction score
pehawk":3r337aza said:
Hawkfan77":3r337aza said:
I'll all in on the Lakers. Why? Why not!

If they had Mamba, aka the Ray Lewis of hoops, I would be with you. But Pau and Dwight are pansies.

I think if they could give the Spurs a run for their money IF they're willing to bang it out down low with them, and give that extra mile physically in the paint, I think ultimately D'Antoni will screw 'em over though.

Throwdown

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":53e8mwf3 said:
Lakers have no shot. Denver were a matchup nightmare for the Thunder before the injuries. Memphis don't really bother the Thunder so much anymore.

I like the Knicks to take it to 7 with Miami in the East, with Miami Lebroning it out in the end. Miami beat the Thunder in 6 in the finals.

You better hope you win, cuz when the NBA gifts Seattle Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker next years draft its OVER for you guys.

SirTed

Reaction score
I agree, pehawk. The Nuggs were gonna take the West prior to the injury bug. It's likely going to be OKC coming from the west BUT Memphis isn't going to be an easy out, even though I think they'll struggle with LAC, and could possibly lose.

Out east. It's the Heat's playoffs to lose BUT I think that the team with the "best" chance to beat them is NYK. If those teams end up getting matched up the Knicks are the only team that has a any real chance, and I think it's relatively small. They could get hot though, and shoot their way past them ala the '09 Magic. Not likely to happen, but it could.

My favorite team out East is the Pacers. What injury trouble are they in? Something beyond Granger? I follow the NBA but not night to night, and I could have missed something. I think they're a great team, but (excuse the cross-sport reference ahead) they remind me of the 01' Mariners - or any recent Spurs team. GREAT regular season team, but you need a TRUE go to player at times in the playoffs - especially when the same team sees you for a week+ straight, and I don't think Danny Granger is it, (irrelevant now) and Paul George could be, but isn't quite there yet.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Indiana's bench is pretty inconsistant this year, but I think they pose more of a threat to the Heat than the Knicks do personally.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I really like Memphis but I can see them losing to the Clippers; pulling for the Lakers as I irrationally hate the Spurs though they are a very good and well coached team.

Think Thunder vs. Heat repeat is most likely.

Forty9ers

Reaction score
lebron is looking unstoppable right now. i think they win back to back titles

hopefully someone can knock them off though

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hopefully not! Rings for Rashard Lewis and another for Ray Allen! Heat are practically the defenders of all that's right in the world IMO, got 2 former Sonics chasing rings, not to mention GP got his ring in Miami, and they beat the Thunder in the finals last year.

Go Heat!