Can everyone please just boycott the mariners?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I was already pissed off at them for trying to block the sonics from coming here, but now with their pitiful start including A LOSING RECORD TO THE ASTROS!! I am ready to boycott them until some real changes our made. First off they need to can Wedge's ass. Stupid move after stupid move with benching Ryan being the latest. They need new coaches too. Why the hell are our players good at batting until they come to the mariners? And then suddenly they blow after they come here? And Jack Z's trades have mostly all been abysmal. Can his ass as well.

So even though I planned on going to a couple M's game this summer when I got home, I now realized it is full on detrimental to help fund this sinking ship. I pledge to not go to another game until real changes are made

Subzero717

Reaction score
I had free tickets to a Tiger game. There were 8000-10000? In attendance. Half were Detroit fans and the other half used it as a social event. Not payingvattention to the game at all. Its pathetic. Unfortunately for Mariner fans there is so mych revenue from television I don't think they care if anyone shows up at the game.

The Outfield

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2owc22t4 said:
I had free tickets to a Tiger game. There were 8000-10000? In attendance. Half were Detroit fans and the other half used it as a social event. Not payingvattention to the game at all. Its pathetic. Unfortunately for Mariner fans there is so mych revenue from television I don't think they care if anyone shows up at the game.

That's increasingly happened since they introduced that "Pen" area where people just stand, socialize, and drink the entire game. It's kind of sad, really.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
No. I'm not going to boycott a team I love just because they aren't good. I'm a fan, gotta take the bad with the good.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Their attempts at blocking the Sonics really pissed me off. I already am boycotting them. I normally go to 1-2 games each season to support the local team, but not now. Thank the baby Jesus that the Seahawks officially supported the arena deal.

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Trrrroy":3v6s68an said:
No. I'm not going to boycott a team I love just because they aren't good. I'm a fan, gotta take the bad with the good.

We don't owe the team anything. We are the reason players get paid millions to play a sport. If we're going to let this happen we might as well demand a half decent product. Sports are a business like anything else.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'm going to the game tomorrow, and will probably go to a few King's Court games, but I will join your effort and buy myself 1 less beer (I'll make my girlfriend buy it).

jkitsune

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3olheceg said:
Trrrroy":3olheceg said:

We don't owe the team anything. We are the reason players get paid millions to play a sport. If we're going to let this happen we might as well demand a half decent product. Sports are a business like anything else.

I think your fandom feels different than mine, then. It's not an option for me. I live in the Bay Area, so I only get to see them when they come to Oakland, but I'll still watch and root and hope. They're terrible, they've been terrible for a while, and I'm not going to rehash all of the same things I've said in a gazillion other posts.

But trust me, if being a Mariners fan were a choice for me, I'd choose something else. I live in Giants territory. I would love to be able to passionately root for the Giants. But I can't.

jhawk91

Reaction score
Screw the Ms. I tried many many times to stick with em, but Ive given in to the fact they may forever suck. Even when they had good players they never could make it to the big one, came close but yet so far. And now theyve sucked for the last 10ish years or so. Im gonna get crap for this but the second I decided I could chose my own team instead of somthing I grew up and was sort of forced into, I did.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Trrrroy":2uipzfug said:
And if ppl wanna get upset about where you're at in the stadium while you are doing what you enjoy, well clearly they're better than you or I. Mariners look like they're in classic form though, I'll say amen to that.

jhawk91

Reaction score
m0ng0":2kpcuh2q said:
hmmm...............I wonder why the sonics left :D

Suprisingly I still love the Sonics, the Mariners just never really did it for me. I dont remember the 01 season much since I was kinda young and when I got into baseball alot, they where just bad and never seemed to improve at all.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I'm not a huge Mariners fan, or really a fan, in fact, I find the entire organization, top to bottom, laughable, petty and pathetic. The organization reaps what they sow. I understand for some of you, you don't have a choice in the matter, its like me and the Seahawks. I have to wonder how much longer this will go on until it turns off even the most diehard of diehard fans and those fans will only show up to games because they love baseball so much.

getnasty

Reaction score
Trrrroy":25lo5bzd said:

I'm with Trrrroy on this one. It's hard to get excited for the M's, but as a fan you still have to pull for them. If the Seahawks went bad for awhile i'd still pull for them.

m0ng0

Reaction score
getnasty":141ej1cy said:
If the Seahawks went bad for awhile i'd still pull for them.

been there done that already :D We were not always super bowl contenders :D

Latest posts