Arena Football

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If you have nothing better going on (face it, you don't) turn on CBS Network tonight and watch the undefeated SPOKANE SHOCK take on the Tampa Bay Storm.

My buddy aptly described Arena Football as the NFL taken over by a Japanese game show. It is silly and ridiculous and fun. It's the off-season so why not give it a shot???

The Shock are 5-0 and led by QB Eric Meyer the former EWU star who was in the Seahawks camp a few years ago. He's playing lights out. Tampa Bay is led by QB Adrian McPherson who is one of the true running threat QBs in the league (where 95% of the plays are passing).

Arena Football is stupid and ridiculous and entertaining if you just let yourself sit back and enjoy. Why not root for your home state Spokane Shock? After all, Spokanites have no problem root for Seattle teams.

Live on National TV. Face it, you have nothing else to do.

And if you're ever in Spokane and want to take in a game, just let me know!

The Radish

Reaction score
I've had the privilige of attending a Shock game with John and can tell you its really a hoot and much easier to understand the way he explains it.

:les:

SE174

Reaction score
Former EWU QB Erik Meyer is destroying fools for the Shock this year! 40 TDs, 0 INTs. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I havnt watched an arena league game for a few years but did have season tickets for a couple years back when we had the Portland Forrest Dragons. Its definatly not big time football, but it is highly entertaining in person.

The Radish

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2rdh0n34 said:
The Shock are getting worked over like a Sprague Ave. whore right now.

Saw that, they got themselves in to deep a hole to get out of tho they made it close.

:les:

tubbs51

Reaction score
I was there.

I'm a Season ticket holder and the beginning was attrocious.

In the Arena game you cant win a game when you throw two INTs and fail to capitalize on multiple drives.

In the AFL is 95% Offense, 5% Defense

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
33574679.jpg

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I used to go to a lot of Milwaukee Mustang games, when I lived in Wisconsin and they still existed in the AFL.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Milwaukee is supposedly taking a year off and will come back, but no one is holding their breath.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
One of my wife's friends in college was a Shock cheerleader. God, she was smokin hot. Went to a few games when she was living in Spokane.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Yesterday on Bob and Groz they were talking about Tebow getting an offer from the Omaha Beef. I can't say that team name without laughing.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2w2r5dhu said:
Milwaukee is supposedly taking a year off and will come back, but no one is holding their breath.

I wasn't talking about those Mustangs. I was talking about these Mustangs

Milwaukee_Mustangs.gif

IronSaint

Reaction score
Wait, that's where Adrian McPherson has been?! Still remember the day he got ran over by the golf cart driven by the Titans' mascot like it was yesterday.

But you're telling me, a team actually won a game with him at quarterback? A few years ago he didn't even know how to line-up under center to even take the snap! :lol:

Saints

tubbs51

Reaction score
Its where crappy players go to be less crappy. Or the ultra rare gem goes to be found by the NFL (Kurt Warner, Isiah Trufant).