Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Post subject: Yo Sounders fans...
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:32 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Feel free to jump on the Timbers bandwagon.

Post subject: Re: Yo Sounders fans...
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:17 pm 
NET Veteran

JSeahawks wrote:
Feel free to jump on the Timbers bandwagon.

What an idiotic post. Seriously. You are the same as niner fans popping up after a little success.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:24 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Ah, well now you made me sad. :(

Just trying to have a little fun and get y'all riled up. I dont really care enough about soccer to have a serious discussion about it. But you didnt have to call me a 49er fan. :(

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:30 pm 
NET Veteran

JSeahawks wrote:

Just trying to have a little fun and get y'all riled up. I dont really care enough about soccer to have a serious discussion about it. But you didnt have to call me a 49er fan. :(

Ha! Apologies that you had to take the brunt of that. I have some friends that are fans of the saplings and they sound like niner fans talking about how great they are when they were nowhere to be found the last few seasons.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:54 pm 
NET Veteran

CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:

Ha! Apologies that you had to take the brunt of that. I have some friends that are fans of the saplings and they sound like niner fans talking about how great they are when they were nowhere to be found the last few seasons.

Timbers history is as long and glorious as the Sounders. They've earned any and all rights to celebrate some success

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:01 pm 
NET Starter

Even a garbage can gets a steak once in a while.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:28 pm 
NET Veteran

8 games into the season and the lowly Timbers have 3 wins... Is there really a bandwagon for a 7th place team?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:44 pm 
NET Veteran

Thanks, but no thanks.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:52 pm 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:

Timbers history is as long and glorious as the Sounders. They've earned any and all rights to celebrate some success

Timbers history is exactly that, history. They have had no current success and therefore they earn niner status bragging about five rings decades ago when they experience a little success. They are 3-1-4 and acting like they should be considered exceptional.

Last edited by CurryStopstheRuns on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:53 pm 
* NET Moderator *

See, now you guys are getting in the spirit of it!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:35 am 
NET Veteran

not that i care at all but lets just take a quick moment to analyze your comment...

first you compare the Timbers to the 9ers, and i imagine in some disparate way. Which I dont understand, as the 9ers have both history and pretty solid current form (two playoff runs, including a Super Bowl berth). So in fact, the 9ers history and current form are far better than our own.

If its to compare the Timbers with the Sounders, I'm not sure how you can argue the Sounders are any different than the 9ers comparison youre making...

but alas.. this is logic. Both the Sounders and Timbers are pretty mediocre right now and neither have any comparison to the 9ers/Seahawks rivalry brewing... more like a Mariners-Astros history. In that case I'd say the Mariners are the Timbers and the Astros are the Timbers and the Sounders are the Astros and Mariners and... well. you get the point

the Timbers need a new field by the way, but I like their new manager.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:37 am 
* NET Starfish *

LOL.

MLS fans are so cute.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:14 am 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
not that i care at all but lets just take a quick moment to analyze your comment...

first you compare the Timbers to the 9ers, and i imagine in some disparate way. Which I dont understand, as the 9ers have both history and pretty solid current form (two playoff runs, including a Super Bowl berth). So in fact, the 9ers history and current form are far better than our own.

If its to compare the Timbers with the Sounders, I'm not sure how you can argue the Sounders are any different than the 9ers comparison youre making...

but alas.. this is logic. Both the Sounders and Timbers are pretty mediocre right now and neither have any comparison to the 9ers/Seahawks rivalry brewing... more like a Mariners-Astros history. In that case I'd say the Mariners are the Timbers and the Astros are the Timbers and the Sounders are the Astros and Mariners and... well. you get the point

No, if you read, I am comparing timbers fans to niner fans and the insufferable c***s that they are. They were without tongues for so long that they have forgotten how to hold it when they gets a little bit back. Less than a quarter of the way through the season and they speak as though they have been successful all along.

I like your cute attempt to make a play on my words, and I would gladly give you credit for being creative, if you were. But alas...

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:01 am 
NET Veteran

CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:

No, if you read, I am comparing timbers fans to niner fans and the insufferable c***s that they are. They were without tongues for so long that they have forgotten how to hold it when they gets a little bit back. Less than a quarter of the way through the season and they speak as though they have been successful all along.

I like your cute attempt to make a play on my words, and I would gladly give you credit for being creative, if you were. But alas...

no cute play on words... youre point just didnt make any sense, much like your made up anger over a fan base I doubt you had little connection with until last year.

but lets just say you remember this rivalry in the 70s.. and was a part of it in the A league days. even then comparing the trophyless ramblings of Timbers fans to a team whose fan base not only won in the past but is winning alot now is, well... cutely misplaced... like when high school kids argue politics

it would seem the insufferable c--- here is you. more worried about the daring verbocity of a 7th place team than your own 1 win team... maybe just sit back and take it as you dont have much choice but to look bitter that the Sounders cant score

best of luck. Being a Sounders supporter this season is going to require alot it (and patience, I'm afraid)

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:51 pm 
NET Veteran

Do people actually buy what you you are selling? Me? Not at all. I firmly believe that you have become so accustomed to the aroma of your own shit that you have forgotten that it still carries the scent of a rotting corpse.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:42 pm 
NET Veteran

CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
Do people actually buy what you you are selling? Me? Not at all. I firmly believe that you have become so accustomed to the aroma of your own shit that you have forgotten that it still carries the scent of a rotting corpse.

Ahh.. now that was cute. Like "I know you are..." but not quite as witty

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:06 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

peachesenregalia wrote:
LOL.

MLS fans are so cute.

No. No they aren't. They are pathetic. Watching high school talent and giving all their effort to enjoy it as a proffesional sport is sad. As much as Futbol isnt my thing anyone that has watched 10 minutes of an EPL/La Liga match would find MLS unwatchable.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:40 pm 
NET Veteran

CALIHAWK1 wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
LOL.

MLS fans are so cute.

No. No they aren't. They are pathetic. Watching high school talent and giving all their effort to enjoy it as a proffesional sport is sad. As much as Futbol isnt my thing anyone that has watched 10 minutes of an EPL/La Liga match would find MLS unwatchable.

So those of us who are fans of both leagues are what? MLS is on par with other developmental leagues around the world and it's the most talent laden league in North America.
So what exactly do you have against people who support their local club?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:59 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

knownone wrote:
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
LOL.

MLS fans are so cute.

So those of us who are fans of both leagues are what? MLS is on par with other developmental leagues around the world and it's the most talent laden league in North America.
So what exactly do you have against people who support their local club?

I don't watch the Mariners or the Thunderbirds so I don't know what watching developmental leagues is like.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:39 pm 
NET Veteran

CALIHAWK1 wrote:
I don't watch the Mariners or the Thunderbirds so I don't know what watching developmental leagues is like.

Cute.
College football is a developmental league. In fact every college sport can be viewed as a developmental league.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:52 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

knownone wrote:
CALIHAWK1 wrote:

Cute.
College football is a developmental league. In fact every college sport can be viewed as a developmental league.

Not really but if that's how you want to look at watching high school soccer go ahead.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:02 pm 
NET Veteran

CALIHAWK1 wrote:
knownone wrote:
CALIHAWK1 wrote:

Cute.

Not really but if that's how you want to look at watching high school soccer go ahead.

How so?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:04 pm 
* NET Fan Boy *

Lol, @ this thread

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 pm 
NET Veteran

Smurf wrote:
Lol, @ this thread

Uh oh... smurfs here

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 am 
NET Veteran

CALIHAWK1 wrote:
knownone wrote:
CALIHAWK1 wrote:

Cute.

youre being a bit hard on the MLS here. But yes, there is a massive gap between the top leagues in Europe and the MLS. However, i do think that our better MLS teams could move into the English Championship and survive as mid table teams. Considering the amount of money that is invested in the teams of both I feel like thats an accomplishment

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:35 pm 
* NET Fan Boy *

Uncle Si wrote:
Smurf wrote:
Lol, @ this thread

Uh oh... smurfs here

I've been lurking around for a while now Si. Not much for me to talk about at the moment. Biding my time.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:30 am 
* NET Philistine *

I have to say I find it fascinating J's created this thread.

Can't wait to go to the game on Thursday. My friend gets Budweiser Pavilion seats once a year through his work, so I'm going to live it up with free beer and food. (And so far, every game I've attended, the Timbers have won.) I've really enjoyed watching the team this year. Porter has the guys attacking more consistently - without the standing around I noticed so often last year -, and there's been a significant upgrade in their coordination. I've even been able to get my dad interested in MLS this year, which I consider a good thing.

@Curry, everything is setting you off, lately. What happened, man?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:10 am 
NET Veteran

Sarlacc83 wrote:

@Curry, everything is setting you off, lately. What happened, man?

Humanity

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]