Sir Alex annoynces he is retiring

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":1r6mz7ai said:
You're just bitter

nope.. just happy. and relieved that the league can finally move forward

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Now we'll find out if Man U can be as good without Fergie as they claimed to be without him.

Also it's weird now that Wenger and Moyes are the 2 longest serving managers in the EPL.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2yag3vyx said:
Now we'll find out if Man U can be as good without Fergie as they claimed to be without him.

Also it's weird now that Wenger and Moyes are the 2 longest serving managers in the EPL.

not weird... are there two clubs with less expectations placed on their managers over the last 5 years? make 4th, make top 10

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1hee482x said:
Gatehawk":1hee482x said:

not weird... are there two clubs with less expectations placed on their managers over the last 5 years? make 4th, make top 10

I'm sorry that Arsenal and Everton don't have owners with itchy trigger fingers like Liverpool and Chelsea. You don't have to make a jerk comment like that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":27149pqf said:
Uncle Si":27149pqf said:
Gatehawk":27149pqf said:

I'm sorry that Arsenal and Everton don't have owners with itchy trigger fingers like Liverpool and Chelsea. You don't have to make a jerk comment like that.

God Gate you're a baby. Arsenal spent 47 million on transfers this season. ... so how is what I said not true? While City, United and Chelsea expect top of the table, Arsenal doesnt. Its the way it is. Has been for 5 years now. its not a rip on Wenger, and dont act like it doesnt bother you.

Anyways this is about United not Gate's insecurities. It seems Moyes is the guy. Will be interesting to see what the owners give him this summer. I imagine Ferguson wont be too far behind him

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
With the absence of Ferguson i'd like to see some new blood in the premiership. I don't follow world football enough to know who that could/would be.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1pwznjgb said:
God Gate you're a baby. Arsenal spent 47 million on transfers this season. ... so how is what I said not true? While City, United and Chelsea expect top of the table, Arsenal doesnt. Its the way it is. Has been for 5 years now. its not a rip on Wenger, and dont act like it doesnt bother you.

Anyways this is about United not Gate's insecurities. It seems Moyes is the guy. Will be interesting to see what the owners give him this summer. I imagine Ferguson wont be too far behind him

You're seriously saying that after being the one that went off topic first. Just leave your contempt for me out of this dude.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1mhyth9e said:
Uncle Si":1mhyth9e said:

You're seriously saying that after being the one that went off topic first. Just leave your contempt for me out of this dude.

yeah it was me who brought up Moyes and Wenger.... i dont have any contempt for you Gate, just some of your whining.

McG

Reaction score
More than likely it will be Moyes replacing Sir Alex. I think that it could be a risky move, even though Moyes is a pretty solid manager. Although, he hasn't earned any trophies in his 11 years at Everton. With that said, he seems to get the best out of little to nothing and has kept Everton fairly relevant over the last decade with an incredibly small budget.

When it comes to Wenger and Arsenal, that team is run like an ebay or craigslist post, it's sad really. Buy cheap and sell high, Wenger does a great job of developing his players and making them into stars. I doubt he has any chance of becoming Man U's next manager though.

OP
OP
Subzero717

Subzero717

Reaction score
Its official Moyes is leaving at seasons end. Connect the dots he ends up at Man U. Interesting or maybe not Rooney has removed ManUplayer from his twitter. Maybe much ado.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":11vvwi8m said:
CALIHAWK1":11vvwi8m said:
Done deal. Moyes just signed a six year deal to manage United.

I just don't think it's a good hire. this will be Hodgson at Liverpool all over again. Managing a club with a limited budget and keeping them in the top 10 most years is a lot different to managing a massive club like Ushited with expectations of multiple trophies every year.

Two seasons and he's out.

Lets be honest though, Moyes is probably the best available at this time. United have had the same manager for over 2 decades. in selecting the successor i'm sure they are hoping for a similar run. While Mourinho for example may be a logical successor, hes never stayed anywhere for any length of time.

United made this hire with an eye at another 2 decade run in my mind. In doing so, Moyes will be given a longer leash. Fergusons United have surpassed Liverpool in league titles and made a nice run in most trophy competitions over the last decade. My thought is the owners are willing to bask in that light for awhile and even acquiesce title runs for a couple years in rebuilding a team that needs reformation in personnel.

This is my positive outlook for United. In that, it also leaves a big door open for the likes of Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Liverpool to surpass them

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I agree completely. Im not saying he's the right hire, that he made sense for United's thought process. It seems they are willing to suffer the drop in overall competitive quality for a spell of consistency, hoping Moyes learns the job as Ferguson did (who was not successful early on)

McG

Reaction score
Peaches, give it a few years. Right now Man U are the best team in the Premier League. Liverpool are at the earliest 2-3 years away from being a legit top 3rd/4th contender and that's if the young players develop and they find a legit replacement for Stevie G. Chelsea is a revolving door at manager and has aging stars (which they will replace) and some great young mids, they will always be competitive. Arsenal is a joke, will always be 2nd best or 3rd/4th best for that matter. Their board will never allow them to keep enough top talent to be champions. Spurs are going to lose Bale after this year (unless they make the CL, even then he's probably out), which is basically saying they will lose about 10-15pts per season aka a team fighting for 5th or 6th. City is City, they have the money and will probably be at top of the League next year along with Man U and Chelsea with all others fighting for fourth. Even if Moyes completely screws up, Man U at worst is a team fighting for 2nd-4th.