Kevin Durant Still Reppin' Seattle

nategreat

Reaction score
In case none of you have seen this, this is pretty cool. He was wearing a Sonics hat during his game 4 pre-game practice against Memphis. Also was wearing a Mariners hat during the NCAA Women's basketball tournament while he was there.

I'm sorry if this has been posted, but I thought it deserved it's own thread. He's gonna be a Sonic again :stirthepot:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...supersonics-hat-during-thunder-201930482.html

Cool hat Image via DarnellMayberry

kevindurantmariners.jpg

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't recall if he said anything originally at the time of the move, but that was the time to get behind Seattle. He could have demanded a trade if they moved,. went public with the fact that the Sonics needed to remain in Seattle, or a number of different things. If memory serves (and I probably don't remember all this nearly as much as all of you) Nick Collison was the only Sonic who even acted like he gave a damn.

Shaz

Reaction score
JSeahawks":sutlafyy said:
I don't recall if he said anything originally at the time of the move, but that was the time to get behind Seattle. He could have demanded a trade if they moved,. went public with the fact that the Sonics needed to remain in Seattle, or a number of different things. If memory serves (and I probably don't remember all this nearly as much as all of you) Nick Collison was the only Sonic who even acted like he gave a damn.

The Players were under STRICT rules on not to talk to the media or say anything during the move. Collison was probably internally fined by Bennett for his words

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Shaz":1p6k0r88 said:
JSeahawks":1p6k0r88 said:

The Players were under STRICT rules on not to talk to the media or say anything during the move. Collison was probably internally fined by Bennett for his words

Yep, this. And wasn't KD a rookie with minimal star power during the time this all went down?

Shaz

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":ex5p7acw said:
Shaz":ex5p7acw said:
JSeahawks":ex5p7acw said:

Yep, this. And wasn't KD a rookie with minimal star power during the time this all went down?

I'm sure it was difficult for KD to really say anything given all the things that were going on, I don't blame him one bit

CANHawk

Reaction score
Shaz":1b54xcon said:
JSeahawks":1b54xcon said:

Yeah, and Durant had only been in the league for a year at the time and would have been... what... 20 y/o? He might have disliked the move, but at 20 I doubt he would have had the cojones to buck the system like that. Collison is a fair bit older and likely knew the score by that point. Durant was still getting his bearings...

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I still have love.for KD and Collison. Collison has never been shy about his love for Seattle. Durant doesn't seem like he's too shy now about it.

MLTHawk

Reaction score
I agree that Durant was too young and new to the league, to really push one way or the other. I think If it happened at this stage in his career, his response would have been a bit different. KD is mann and if the Sonics ever do come back, I want him on our team.