New NHL To Seattle stuff, expansion??

Throwdown

Reaction score
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013 ... 15-season/

Mitch Levy, a sports-talk radio host in Seattle, shared a rumor saying NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman is pushing the Board of Governors to make an expansion team available to Seattle. Levy says it would cost $275 million to start the team and that the new team would begin playing in the 2014-15 season.

JOz56

Reaction score
Throwdown":2qkmn12b said:
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/31/report-nhl-pushing-for-seattle-expansion-for-2014-15-season/

Mitch Levy, a sports-talk radio host in Seattle, shared a rumor saying NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman is pushing the Board of Governors to make an expansion team available to Seattle. Levy says it would cost $275 million to start the team and that the new team would begin playing in the 2014-15 season.

I was reading this earlier. Bettman would be my new favorite human being if this were to happen. For reasons that are pretty obvious. Lets get this done son!

bubbrubb

Reaction score
i hate hockey, but would love to see a natural rival with the Canucks....lots of ppl would be going down for weekends. always bothered me how there isn't any "connection" with some teams in Canada...i mean Seattle and portland. Hope you guys get a team.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Mitch went on to say the MOU would need to be tweaked, which means an ownership group needs to come in with that $275 million and be willing to accept all of the risk if the NBA doesn't come, because Hansen is absolutely NOT paying for somebody else's building.

That's the catch.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Can't blame Chris for that at all IMO.

If this is true, and the NHL doesn't come its on the potential owners not coming up with the money for the arena.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Don't care until it actually happens. Not getting my hopes up again.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I would rather that Bellevue step up and foot the land/risk for a hockey-only building or something like that. We have the money and corporate support in the suburbs and Bellevue and Redmond seem like they would love the prestige of something like this.

I want this hockey team away from depending on the NBA, and I want to be able to root for getting a hockey team independently from having to care if the NBA comes back here.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Throwdown":cwooeltg said:
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/31/report-nhl-pushing-for-seattle-expansion-for-2014-15-season/

//writes $275M check

I got this, guys.

ShyCheetah

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":lyswz1zz said:
Why would a crap product need to expand anywhere!?

Hockey is my favorite sport on earth. The speed, pace and sheer violence is exhilarating. Which other of the major sports openly encourags fighting?

Shy.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
ShyCheetah":22dbwz8p said:
SacHawk2.0":22dbwz8p said:

Hockey is my favorite sport on earth. The speed, pace and sheer violence is exhilarating. Which other of the major sports openly encourags fighting?

Shy.

UFC, Boxing...

CPHawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3sbwyy4u said:

Why would a sport be in a crap town? Who knows, but Stern sure fought hard to keep a team there.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":bmp18y4m said:
ShyCheetah":bmp18y4m said:
SacHawk2.0":bmp18y4m said:

Shy.

UFC, Boxing...

Badminton.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=69996

JOz56

Reaction score
m0ng0":b4k27h3r said:
http://seattletimes.com/html/hockey/2021513953_seattlenhl01xml.html

“There’s never been a plan to expand to 32 teams,” deputy commissioner Bill Daly

I'm not exactly going to get my hopes up yet, but of course they're going to say stuff like this. Nothing is going to definitively come out until the EIS is done.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1ur7up70 said:

If you think the NHL is a crap product, you're not paying attention. But then again, paying attention is a lot to ask of people in today's day and age.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
pinksheets":33a3aglr said:
Mitch went on to say the MOU would need to be tweaked, which means an ownership group needs to come in with that $275 million and be willing to accept all of the risk if the NBA doesn't come, because Hansen is absolutely NOT paying for somebody else's building.

That's the catch.

Oh, sure. That'll be easy.

GULP.