What was up with the Sounders recording/ripoff chant?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If you were at the game Thursday you surely noticed a new chant. And if you also go to Sounders games you surely recognized it.

I'm talking of course about the "SEATTLE!" chant being blasted on the PA, which was obviously a recording of the ECS from a Sounders game. I instinctively shouted "SOUNDERS!" on the first prompt each time.

Anyway, I love them both, but I was not digging the blatant copying and use of the recording of Sounders fans for a seahawks chant. That felt pretty lame and forced

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Heard that over the tv, didn't realize it was coming from the speakers. To me football noise should be organic and natural, leave the chants and organized songs to soccer.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Exactly. We don't need a TV screen to tell us when and how to get loud. If anybody here got named to that fan advisory council, tell them to drop that, would you?

Oh, and a little less volume on the opening montage right before the introduction would be a welcome change, too.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":32ht0w9e said:
Heard that over the tv, didn't realize it was coming from the speakers. To me football noise should be organic and natural, leave the chants and organized songs to soccer.

The wave is awesome

Smurf

Reaction score
Lol....they tried to get the football folks to do a call and repeat chant? Really...

lol.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well in the old days in the Kingdome we used to get the Seattle on one side of the stadium and then Seahawks on the other a lot when we had Bill the Beerman. So who ripped off from who?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":29lxtuno said:
Well in the old days in the Kingdome we used to get the Seattle on one side of the stadium and then Seahawks on the other a lot when we had Bill the Beerman. So who ripped off from who?

Yes sir. And we did just fine

pinksheets

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll pass on the creepy authoritarian hive-mind organized chants and hand signals.