Wedge not returning to the Mariners next year

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Z is returning Wedge isn't next up based on history is a series of tread worn or new kids on the block and we go thru 4 or 5 years of falling further back of the pack, Z will be gone in two years due to bad performance and the cycle continues.

Now if they could find a hitting coach that could actually improve the teams hitting it would save a lot of Managerial turnover.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Until Lincoln and Armstrong are gone expect the same crap results. The GM and
Manager are non-factors with the two assclowns above those 2 positions.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Maybe it was a huge coincidence, but the team played pretty darned well when Robbie Thompson was managing during the period Wedge was out for his heart issue.

Wouldn't mind if they gave him the keys next year to see what he can do.

Raptor22

Reaction score
Don Wakamatsu had a decent year with the Mariners in 2009, why not give him one more try?

Subzero717

Reaction score
Just saw that the GM said Wedge was fine until he opened his yap. Why is it that the GM that has hired back to back horrible managers is still employed?

Happypuppy

Reaction score
The second manager to say No Mas. The problem is upper mgmt... I am unimpressed with the GM as well. A manager ? Robby Thompson. He was a hard nose ball player and seemed to do well. The less transition for the team the better.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I don't even care. With Howard Dinkon and Chuck Cuntstrong at the helm, nothing matters. This team should just die. I will pay no attention next year, I will buy no tickets. I really hope this team gets contracted. I'm over it.

Erebus

Reaction score
I'm happy to see Wedge gone, but like others have said, it's not enough.

They need to hire someone who can develop young talent better.

Subzero717

Reaction score
What I don't get is how the Dodgers had ownership removed for the best interest of baseball. Yet, the Mariners and Marlins are able to run in total dysfuntion because they are in small markets.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I don't believe Seattle is a small market team. It was not all that long ago we led the league in attendance. This is inconsistent with being a small-market team. We act like a small market team. Both Shannon Drayer and Stone for the Seattle Times have written pieces with quotes from Wedge.

My take on it was he disagreed with some of the decisions that were made. He was not happy with the future direction what that is I have no idea. This team in my opinion is in full meltdown mode. What it needs is a strong owner to step forward. Right now they don't have anyone and it is a rudderless ship

chris98251

Reaction score
Sounds like Big Lou coming out against the upper Management before he went South.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":2tolhf5r said:
Is it true that Wedge air'd out the clowns running that side show?
Pretty much, in a round about way. The M's have had 3 managers quit on them in the past 10 years (Lou, Grover, and Wedge), all because of Lincoln/Armstrong. Hmmm.... wonder where the problem is? :sarcasm_off:

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3uvhnaqy said:
Throwdown":3uvhnaqy said:
Is it true that Wedge air'd out the clowns running that side show?
Pretty much, in a round about way. The M's have had 3 managers quit on them in the past 10 years (Lou, Grover, and Wedge), all because of Lincoln/Armstrong. Hmmm.... wonder where the problem is? :sarcasm_off:

The problem is obvious, its the traffic in SoDo after the new arena is built ;)

Throwdown

Reaction score
m0ng0":25k0bkq6 said:
so you all want the team gone.....so this is good news yes?

I wouldn't say we want the team gone, but I refuse to attend or watch a game as long as the current FO guys are still in a position of power.