Blazers/NBA thread

JSeahawks

Reaction score
With NBA teams now in training camp I guess its as good of a time as any to look at it. Some optimism in Portland for the first time in awhile. I think the Blazers are a playoff team this year (but not a true contender). They had one of the worst benches in nba history last year, but its been overhauled and should be pretty good this year. At the very least this team should be really fun to watch and will put a lot of points on the scoreboard.

PG: Damien Lillard, Mo Williams
SG: Wes Mathews, CJ McCullom
SF: Nic Batum, Dorrell Wright
PF: Lamarcus Aldridge, Thomas Robinson
C: Brooke Lopez, Meyers Leonard

As for the rest of the league, I pretty much just assume that Miami is going to win it all again.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
It's crazy what David Stern has done to my NBA interest. I recognize 2 of those names and one is because he played in the Pac-10. My family had season tickets from 1977 until they left and I loved the NBA and now have zero interest. Good luck to the blazers this year.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty stoked to see the Warriors with Iggy. Interested in the Brooklyn experiment. And, yeah, I'm rooting for the Rockets. So?

Where's Babbit?

Throwdown

Reaction score
:snack: Cleveland is my sleeper team if Bynum is healthy, also be on the lookout for the Wizards and their ugly ass uniforms, they're building a pretty tough team.

The Heat got issues with Indiana, if Oden is truly healthy and can sustain health I give them the edge over Indy just off the strength of LeBron, but they barely survived the Pacers last season.

pehawk

Reaction score
Want another Heat wildcard? Beasley.

I'm with ya on the Wiz and Cavs. Cavs will get relevant right in time for a certain free agent.

If Knicks suck, which they might, Melo being traded could happen.

pehawk

Reaction score
Good call on Clips. I'm stoked to see Doc run that squad.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2au4c668 said:
Westbrook will be sorely missed by your Oklahoma City Thunders. Pacers look good, and I like Doc Rivers to make a winner out of that Clippers team. Wizards, damn. If Lee can stay healthy, they are scary.

When is Westbrook expected back? I had forgotten that he was hurt.

CPHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1eukxviu said:
Want another Heat wildcard? Beasley.

I'm with ya on the Wiz and Cavs. Cavs will get relevant right in time for a certain free agent.

If Knicks suck, which they might, Melo being traded could happen.

Beasley is a fn douche bag, I wouldn't root for him if you held a gun to my head. They interviewed the guy who wrote about him for SI a few weeks back on ESPN radio, and he was with Beasley at a hospital for kids with cancer, and he said the entire time Beasley was putting down the kids and making fun of them for having no hair. He's a pile of steaming crap.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't see the Knicks being terrible, but they just are not built for playoffs in the East with teams like Indy waiting for 'em. Knicks just can't bang down low with those guys, and adding Andrea Bargnani isn't going to help that at all, never seen a 7 footer who's afraid of banging down low like him.

This is where they differ with Miami, Miami plays small but they aren't afraid to get their hands dirty with those teams like Indy and Chicago.

OKC Will be fine, they still got Durant, and they'll get Westbrook later on. Houston might be a power, but I don't believe in Jeremy Lin still, and think he'll be their down fall against guys like Westbrook, CP3, Parker, & Curry. Blazers look great on paper, I still like the CJ McCollum pick, and the Thomas Robinson pick up, The Dorrell Wright pick up is going to be money, Luke Babbitt never panned out for them as the sharp shooter, Wright is that guy.

pehawk

Reaction score
Is Karl still in Denver?

And, good call on Oden being the Weeden of the NBA. Is it true Oden's Durants biological father?

JSeahawks, quit dodging the question; where's Babbit?

AGREE on Wolves. And they'll be a blast to watch too.

pehawk

Reaction score
Listen to Throw "Fine I googled him..." lying bastard knew damn well where he plays. He streams his games.

Throwdown

Reaction score
pehawk":1r3gxa9q said:
Listen to Throw "Fine I googled him..." lying bastard knew damn well where he plays. He streams his games.

They actually play Euro League games on NBAtv, don't judge me.

pehawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2kr9foef said:
pehawk":2kr9foef said:

They actually play Euro League games on NBAtv, don't judge me.

You didn't know that until Babbit signed there.

Wolves may replace the 2012-13 Warriors as most entertaining new, "legit", team to watch.

Nice to see that NBA hack, peaches, left us men to discuss ball. He told me yesterday he really thinks Adelman will do well in Houston.