Portland gets AFL team.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Arena league is not very good football, but its pretty fun. I went to a few of the ForrestDragon games when they were here. It was a good time. The cool thing about this new team is that supposedly they're going to build the roster from ex-Ducks, Beavers and other local colleges. Darron Thomas will be your starting QB. Book it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Btw, even if youre not from Portland, and not an Arena League fan PLEASE go to this website and vote for the new team name. Vote Platypus!!!

https://www.facebook.com/PDXAFL?sk=app_ ... data=dlt-1

Those of us in Oregon who are neither huge Beaver or Duck fans call themselves the Platypus (beaver tail, duck bill). And it would be great to be able to say, "Yea, i'm going down to the arena to watch the Pussies play today."

OP
OP
J

JGreen79

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree the football skills aren't great. I had to teach myself that I was watching a different sport, and it became extremely fun to watch. IMO if you can train yourself that its a different game than traditional football you can have a lot of fun watching.

pehawk

Reaction score
Finally, two pro football teams in Oregon.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Voted for Platypus.

Been to a couple Spokane Shock games now. It is really is a different game than traditional football, but they go out of their way to make it a fun time. I would never watch it on TV or anything, but I recommend going to a game at least once to check it out.

The Radish

Reaction score
I've been to a couple of Shock games here and went once with Hawkstorian. I would recomend anyone go with him to get an overview of the game and stratagys. Makes it a very interesting game.

Yes if you in thinking of NFL football you will be disappointed. But let Hawkstorian explain the thinking for you and it becomes not just fun but really interesting..

Now I can even follow it on TV and know what's going on.

:th2thumbs:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Arenaball is fun if you don't think of it as football.

It is football players in a Japanese gameshow.

Gap Filler

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3ddl1vpy said:
Arenaball is fun if you don't think of it as football.

It is football players in a Japanese gameshow.

Haha. After watching some of that stuff on Youtube I know what you mean. Too funny.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Generic, terrible team names all day!

Voted Platypus.

Do they even have these in the PNW? I thought they were strictly Aussie/New Zealand.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2z9tmywm said:
Arena league is not very good football, but its pretty fun. I went to a few of the ForrestDragon games when they were here. It was a good time. The cool thing about this new team is that supposedly they're going to build the roster from ex-Ducks, Beavers and other local colleges. Darron Thomas will be your starting QB. Book it.

Nailed it!

Darron Thomas is their first player signed. Now they just need to bust Cliff Harris out of whatever jail he's in and sign that kid up!

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregon ... s_sig.html

pehawk

Reaction score
Coach Neil Lomax? OC Chris Miller? RB and Ethics Coordinator Onterrio Smith?

muxpux

Reaction score
JGreen79":1gm2gsip said:
And... say hello to the Portland Thunder.... seriously... the Thunder... sigh...

well portland is known for its tons of thunderstorms it gets. and im sure its no salt in seattles wounds, haha

Latest posts