Preseason college basketball Coach's poll

davidonmi

Reaction score
it's a bummer, once again no excitement for husky basketball. Some of the players have potential, but a lot is going to have to fit into place for UW to accomplish things this season.
NWG has to come in and be an upper eschalon pac PG
Sean Kemp needs to take a step forward
Andrew Andrews needs to take a step forward
Another guy needs to step up and provide depth off the bench

Throwdown

Reaction score
This whole thing bothers me, how the hell did UW fall off so fast and hard?

I know there was a string of bad luck, Abdul Gaddy turned out to be garbage, no real hard nosed hustle guy down low, and potential star players leaving early. Nigel Williams-Goss, we'll see I dunno, someone that was on the team last year needs to step up, I dunno who. But to me Romar has to be put on the hot seat if things start looking stale this year, I respect the man and what he's done but yo, this is kind of unacceptable.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Throwdown":37gtikrq said:
This whole thing bothers me, how the hell did UW fall off so fast and hard?

I know there was a string of bad luck, Abdul Gaddy turned out to be garbage, no real hard nosed hustle guy down low, and potential star players leaving early. Nigel Williams-Goss, we'll see I dunno, someone that was on the team last year needs to step up, I dunno who. But to me Romar has to be put on the hot seat if things start looking stale this year, I respect the man and what he's done but yo, this is kind of unacceptable.
it was a bunch of things. Bad luck is part of it. Recruiting woes is another. Remember though in 2008 UW BBALL fell off and came rolling back the next year. So lets not give up on them yet.
The team has a chance to be good, but we just don't know

CPHawk

Reaction score
Watched UO the other night, and talk about guard play. Looks to me like they will play plenty of time with at least 3 guards and even 4 at times. It will be tough vs Arizona, because the big men just aren't great outside of Moser.

But the guards are probably the best in the PAC 12, newcomer young is a stud, as is Calliste both of whom had 20. JC transfer Elgin Cook looks crazy athletic, which could help with the lack of inside presence. All in all the team looks like a NCAA team again. The other thing that will greatly benefit UO is the new hand checking rules, it will make it a lot easier to go 4 guards. I'd bet UO goes to the line a lot more than most schools, just because of the guards and that new rule.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Moser looked good, and I've heard nothing but good reports about him. The Achilles heal of UO will be size inside, they have the 6'11 Austin, but I'm not sure how good he'll be. He's serviceable but nothing great.

GCrow

Reaction score
I just can't wait to hear Bill Walton call the Pac 12 tourney again this year.

The Radish

Reaction score
razgriz737":mr819xtj said:
Go Zags! @ 14.

Completely unrealistic. Playing in a pussy conference getting that high a ranking.

Oh and Zona in the top 10??? Has that ever happened before? :D