Russell Wilson's Baseball Career

Yakimaniac

Reaction score
It turns out that I likely watched Russell Wilson as he played for the Tri-City Dust Devils when I would go to the Yakima Bears games. I don't remember specifically seeing him, but the likelyhood is there.

It seems that Russell Wilson was destined to be in the Pacific Northwest!

minormillikin

Reaction score
Which means I played on the same field that Russ Wilson played on!

(I went to Stottlemeyer baseball camp as a kid for a few years... A lot of the camp takes place on the same field the Bears play on)

I am a hero!

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Yeah I probably saw him play the Indians that summer too. Bizarre to think that I could have watched my future HOF Seahawk QB and only man crush play baseball in Spokane WA.

Funny world sometimes.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I miss the Yakima Bears. Was my favorite thing to do growing up. Bears game, polish dog loaded w/ mustard, relish and krout.

Aren't they gone now?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3065cwfg said:
I miss the Yakima Bears. Was my favorite thing to do growing up. Bears game, polish dog loaded w/ mustard, relish and krout.

Aren't they gone now?

They are now the Hillsboro Hops if I remember correctly? I think that they were originally the Salem Hops and then moved to Yakima, and now to Hillsboro.

OP
OP
Yakimaniac

Yakimaniac

Reaction score
Yes, they are now in Hillsboro, OR.

However, Yakima is getting another baseball team next year. The West Coast League. No name for the team yet, I don't think.

Latest posts