2013-14 NBA Season Thread

IcedHawk

Reaction score
I know a lot of people renounced the NBA, but I'm still a fan.

How are your teams doing?

My Lakers are at 500, and, besides the opening game, haven't looked very good.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
My Blazers laid an egg in their first road game but have looked pretty good in beating Denver and San Antonio. (Strangely over the last 5 years the Blazers have a better record against the Spurs then any other team in the league). Big game tomorrow against Houston. I expect the Blazers to be in a fight for the 6th-8th playoff spot.

Also really hoping that Lillard can be an all star this season.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
IcedHawk":2wyjh6mp said:

I havnt paid a whole lot of attention to NBA news yet... what's the word on Kobe? Is he going to play at all this year? He used to be my most hated athlete in all of sports but as he's gotten older I've grown to respect him quite a bit and actually root for him now (although I still won't root for the Lakers).

OP
OP
IcedHawk

IcedHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":16zs6bhg said:
IcedHawk":16zs6bhg said:

I havnt paid a whole lot of attention to NBA news yet... what's the word on Kobe? Is he going to play at all this year? He used to be my most hated athlete in all of sports but as he's gotten older I've grown to respect him quite a bit and actually root for him now (although I still won't root for the Lakers).
I'm fairly certain he'll return this season. His injury situation is similar to Percy's this year. Who knows when he'll return, but he will return sometime during the season.

OP
OP
IcedHawk

IcedHawk

Reaction score
Two of the preseason western conference favorites going head to head. Hate the Clippers and hate the Dwight Howard. meh.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
More interested in the draft than this season. Don't really got a team to root for, but I guess I wouldn't mind Lebron getting another one.

Andrew Wiggins & Jabari Parker... :shock:

OP
OP
IcedHawk

IcedHawk

Reaction score
Toronto keeping up with Miami. That's good to see.

Throwdown

Reaction score
IcedHawk":1cs06i1e said:
Throwdown":1cs06i1e said:
I uhh.. Have nothing, if I say I'm a Heat fan I'm a bandwagon fan soo...
Why?

Huge LeBron fan, really. I pulled for Cleveland when he was there (after the Sonics were gone of course), plus they also got my boy Ray Allen.

For some reason as well, I just get happy watching them play, I actually root like I've been rooting for them my entire life its weird.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":3w2jftne said:
IcedHawk":3w2jftne said:
Throwdown":3w2jftne said:
Why?

Huge LeBron fan, really. I pulled for Cleveland when he was there (after the Sonics were gone of course), plus they also got my boy Ray Allen.

For some reason as well, I just get happy watching them play, I actually root like I've been rooting for them my entire life its weird.

Ditto.

I love greatness. Lebron is great. I'm also a closet Lakers fan but since even the most hardcore Lakers fan couldn't tell you their roster beyond Gasol I'm taking a year off of mild rooting.

I want Lebron to pass Jordan in rings though, I can't stand Jordan (Yes, he is the GOAT and yes I loved watching him play).

OP
OP
IcedHawk

IcedHawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1hytploc said:
Throwdown":1hytploc said:
IcedHawk":1hytploc said:
Throwdown":1hytploc said:
Why?

Ditto.

I love greatness. Lebron is great. I'm also a closet Lakers fan but since even the most hardcore Lakers fan couldn't tell you their roster beyond Gasol I'm taking a year off of mild rooting.

I want Lebron to pass Jordan in rings though, I can't stand Jordan (Yes, he is the GOAT and yes I loved watching him play).
Nick Young, Xavier Henry, Chris Kaman, Jordan Farmar, Wes Johnson, Jodie Meeks, Rob Sacre, Nash, Stephen (I think) Williams, and some other guy ;)

I do know what you mean, though.

OP
OP
IcedHawk

IcedHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":g7z22m70 said:
IcedHawk":g7z22m70 said:
Throwdown":g7z22m70 said:
Why?

Makes sense. I'll allow it. :mrgreen: :sarcasm_off:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
IcedHawk":1wf83k7v said:
Nick Young, Xavier Henry, Chris Kaman, Jordan Farmar, Wes Johnson, Jodie Meeks, Rob Sacre, Nash, Stephen (I think) Williams, and some other guy ;)

I'm pretty sure you just named the Bakersfield Jam lineup.

OP
OP
IcedHawk

IcedHawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2no2yslt said:
IcedHawk":2no2yslt said:

I'm pretty sure you just named the Bakersfield Jam lineup.
lol I'm sure most of them spent some time down there.

OP
OP
IcedHawk

IcedHawk

Reaction score
Steve Blake is my hero. Awesome upset against Houston.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I just wanna point out that the Bobcats thus far haven't looked too shabby MKG looks like he might be a player yet.

OP
OP
IcedHawk

IcedHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":16dru3az said:
I just wanna point out that the Bobcats thus far haven't looked too shabby MKG looks like he might be a player yet.
Yeah, Charlotte and Philadelphia are surprisingly good this year, and Indiana remains as the lone undefeated so far.

chris98251

Reaction score
Basketball season started?....................................... Oh yeah that follows baseball season which I forgot even ended. Hard to keep track when things start and stop other then football when you live in Seattle these days.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
As long as the Bobcats have this they have a chance.

[youtube]yyF6amZw82M[/youtube]