Groz

Appleegg1

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks this guy is a complete d-bag?

I mean, seriously, if I'm gonna make the effort to listen to the show, you should at least make an effort to learn something about the game of football. It just seems like his comments are no more valid, with all due respect, than of some drunken fan that never played more than a couple of flag-football games in the second grade.

Obviously doesn't do any homework whatsoever and his opinion changes week to week, I'm guessing from watching the sports report from the 10 o clock news. Did you listen to that bag of hot air dissing John Clayton with regards to who we should root for - SF or NO?

Could you tell me why he is held in such high regard? I just don't get it, he comes off to me, with all due respect, as some loud-mouthed, highly opinionated, drunken, gambling windbag.

Sign me- sad that I can no longer stand listening to the bob and Groz portion of the 710 sports talk radio line- up.

Tical21

Reaction score
Groz has never been popular for his sports opinions. He is more of a likable comedian-type that does a little sports commentary than he is a true sports guy. Always has been. If you're hoping to hear something profound, it is never going to happen. But he makes passing the time somewhat enjoyable.

OP
OP
A

Appleegg1

Reaction score
I wish I could appreciate his sense of humor. I guess it's a matter of preference, I wish he was working the 3am morning commute show.

Tical21

Reaction score
Appleegg1":16861w0p said:
I wish I could appreciate his sense of humor. I guess it's a matter of preference, I wish he was working the 3am morning commute show.
I don't listen to him. I prefer Furness and Puckett.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Is Groz the fat faced jowly guy who use to 'pump up the crowd' at J&M pre-game?

86Hawk

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of his. Wasn't a fan of groz and gas either. I like having more than 1 choice for sports radio. I liked gas, but Groz would always talk about bs and ruin the show.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Yea he is a typical bar stool blowhard. It's surprising that he has been on the air so long with so many other people that are sports experts that could take his job

hawk45

Reaction score
bestfightstory":w8m5r37s said:
You are describing 80% of football fans on planet earth.

80% of football fans on earth don't get paid to suck on the airwaves. That was kind of his point.

DirtyDave

Reaction score
I had a friend that met him at a game and he was so full of himself that he hardly even acknowledged him as they were introduced. he big timed him and made him feel as tho he was wasting his time and he had better things to do. he went from a fan of his to thinking he was a DB in a matter of seconds..personally I have never liked the guy.. I wouldn't waste 5 seconds listening to him.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
This is hilarious!
I used to love it when everyone at KJR would give him crap for being a lazy ass.
I really dont know how he got the gig at 710.

The only problem with Furness is that they talk college when I'm trying to listen.

chris98251

Reaction score
He is part of the last of a different kind of radio personality, was never groomed as a Sports guy, he was a Turntable Jockey for early days in his career and stuff. He had a good radio personality as stated when teamed with Gas. Pretty easy to go to KJR if he's on if he's not your cup of tea. I know he left there and went to Kiro I think.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Groz has that voice. In "the business" that makes him "a proffessional". I think he was the guy who sat next to me on the bus and farted.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Most sports talk radio is only a slight step above cavemen grunting. You'll find much better discourse on this forum, because we can all read and write (to varying degrees).

JKent82

Reaction score
Bob and Groz is unbearable. Yelling in circles for hours. Only listen to it when there is an interview.

Axx

Reaction score
Bob and groz is best by default.

the brock and danny o'retard the pemistic douche bag
Or the afternoon guys has some of the most annoying personalities i have ever heard.

i rarely listen to espn seattle but when i do its bob and groz because of their personalities even though they are the less football smart.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
Hmmm I like all the espn shows and Mitch in the morning, he does a good job getting all sports storys reported. Puckett and Furness dont seem to stay hawk related long enough for me.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Wyman, Mike and Moore is becoming a great show.
I need Softy to go back to mid-day asap. he's the best local radio guy for breaking news.
He gives hints that, if you pick up on it, become very helpful.