Stadium collapse in Sao Paulo

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Crane collapse actually.

World Cup preparation has not gone well in Brazil

korboko

Reaction score
Maybe FIFA should have a backup plan to bring the World Cup to the USA this year? We already have soccer ready stadiums in place. One being the CLink Field.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
korboko":1sc1k5tf said:
Maybe FIFA should have a backup plan to bring the World Cup to the USA this year? We already have soccer ready stadiums in place. One being the CLink Field.
I can't believe the USA (or Japan or Australia) didn't get the 2022 World Cup. Just like I can't believe England didn't get the 2018 one. All of those countries are pretty much ready to go. You could successfully host a World Cup there next week.

I doubt FIFA will ever award a world cup to somewhere that has the infrastructure already, though. Because a) it makes too much sense, and b) not enough opportunities for kick backs.

Jville

Reaction score
Coming soon .............. a much bigger story.

140103104421-brazilriot-single-image-cut.jpg

Col. Alexandre Augusto Aragon, who heads the elite National Security Force, was quoted in local news on Friday as saying that 10,000 riot troops selected from state police forces throughout Brazil will be deployed in the 12 cities hosting World Cup games June 12-July 13.
[urltargetblank]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20140103/brazil-riot-police-force-world-cup.ap/[/urltargetblank]

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I feel like the Olympics are a far more dangerous proposition at this point...

Latest posts